Batengdei

[Request] Changes to Bulgenstaz

2 hours ago, Variota said:

The easiest workable way to do this would be, as far as I can think it up within a couple of minutes, for you to make a google document where you list the things you want to change. Could be something as simple as listing the current situation and what you want to change it to. General culture, history bits, city names, etc.

This is a great idea. I will begin working out a document going over intended changes. I will also put less important ones as "optional" to indicate they aren't neccesary, but more of a preferential move. My goal in my doing this is to be as fair and considerate as possible; any violation of RP rules is the last thing I want.

The feedback is really appreciated. Thanks, guys.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Bulgenstaz said:

This is the link to the document for all those who wish to look at the planned revisions. Any concerns/discussion can be made either here, or in pms on site/discord.

Neo-Bulgenstaz, AKA Batengdei

Thank you for your time.

Also, I guess a question also remains as to the future of my username. It's currently "Bulgenstaz" but I am unable to change it myself. I would ideally like to make the transition smooth, so is there a process for modifying it to the new name?

Do you want us to refer to you as that from here on in?

I can edit older posts.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

Do you want us to refer to you as that from here on in?

I can edit older posts.

Ideally, yes! This is my new nation name, it's accurate to what I want. This is mostly important especially in RP-related posts. It doesn't mean you have to go back into all your old posts and look for things referencing Bulgenstaz (if you don't want to), but I would like to begin standardizing the use of "Batengdei". I will be changing my discord nickname accordingly. I think the name has a generally more light feel to it and is less harsh, which matches my intended national aesthetic, if that makes any sense.

• Like 4

On 10/28/2019 at 3:19 PM, Iverica said:

Changing usernames would be under @Orioni's power. Since I don't really see any unaddressed issues pertaining to the renaming itself, I think this can be done as soon as O sees this.

@Bulgenstaz Are you still in the market for renaming your account? Yes/no.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Orioni said:

@Bulgenstaz Are you still in the market for renaming your account? Yes/no.

If possible, that would be nice. People are (and I don't blame them at all) sometimes getting confused about the Batengdei vs. Batengdai, so having it be Batengdei on the forums could save a multitude of headaches. Of course, if this is a complicated procedure, then don't do it, I'll make do without. Thanks so much.

• Like 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Iverica
      EDIT: THIS EXPANSION IS COMPLETE
      Abstract
      To save space and keep things all in one place, this will be my OOC thread for my Expansion RPs while also serving as my official claim to the areas.
      The diligent reader (or lurker) on this forums will note how the multitude of relevant and some tangentially relevant sources below have all been directed towards building up to this RP. This wasn't just put together like: hUrR DUrR GiB mE LOTSA cLAy HuUuUurrrrRRR, the RPs below have been consciously placed (for the most part) to build up support to my claim here.
      In the following article, I will state my justifications and stake my claims towards an expansion of significant size. This will prove:
      1) A case where the player has used a similar expansion and been granted his claim.
      2) How this sort of expansion RP is done step-by-step from news posts, escalation, to execution.
      3) That the expansion in question has been given visual form by being shown clearly and accurately on a partition of the Region's map.
      Reiterating, this thread serves to tie in these varied resources and present a coherent OOC claim necessary to legitimise such an expansion--here the player will also respond to relevant points of criticism in defence of his claim and if necessary, make relevant edits to fit community regulations.

Summary
      Iverica wants to expand through a political federation of states (NPCs for this case) which Iverica is already Hegemon over. Iverica's leadership is able to do this because of the following things:
      A constitutional amendment was made (see: "CA no. 103" below) which contains the foundation for unifying other culturally cohesive "Solidaridad" states. Solidaridad- "Iberic Solidarity", is an ethno-ideological concept which refers to the perceived unity of all Iberic Diaspora states. Degrees of Solidaridad exist--the strongest linking ideologically homogenous states, guaranteeing military or diplomatic mutual-protection. The weakest degree linking ideologically opposed states only through shared ancestry, this degree does not guarantee strong ties or other mutual benefits. All the states concerned in this RP are Solidaridad states of the strongest degree--constitutions are similar, lingua franca (Iverican) is shared, exclusive trade and border agreements usually exist between most. Stagnation of the Satellite States and Rise of Iverican Power- due to Primo Deitorr's pursuit of foreign trade and political-economic manoeuvering, Iverica has seen a rise in industrial output, military protectionism, trade surplus, and technological growth. Satellite states look more favourably on a union with Iverica because of stagnant economies and having the military backing of Iverica's aggressively protectionist policy as well as membership in the Defence treaty "TRIDENT". In short, they want to benefit from Iverica's gains internationally and regionally. Union Under a Common and Grave Cause- To be revealed. This will be demonstrated in an upcoming RP wherein the various states take up arms against a common enemy during a critical period which could make or break the future of the federation. Gameplay Justifications
      Case: Fleur de Lys' Union Pan-Republicaine [LINK] Fleur de Lys has successfully made a similar expansion via diplomacy/legislation with no outcry from the membership then. It is fair to expect that if there is any opposition to the nature and critical similarities between this RP and FdL's RP, the opponent must carry the burden of proving against the Lysian claim as well. TLDR: No one took issue OOC or released any statements IC on FdL's expansion, therefore if any qualms about critical similarities with the RPs are had, I expect due diligence to be taken. Relevant News Posts and RP Events I have been planning this extensively for a long time (since about Oct-Nov 2017), I have made many posts since this time relevant to the IC justifications of why a state would want to be part of an Iverican Federation, some details how this may be done, and news posts of citizens wanting to do this in the past. Once again, the opposition carries the burden of adequate research on the posts I have worked hard to produce the past half-year. There is no TLDR excuse here, sounds abrasive but it is not too much for me to ask critics to read my content and make citations as necessary. Integration of "Las Islas Ultramares"- evidence that Iverica can integrate a Solidaridad state.  Claim [OOC] [LINK]
      Initial (Ultramariano) Referendum [LINK]
      First Delay [LINK]
      Plebiscite [LINK]
       CA no. 103: Amendment Passes [LINK]
      Previous Attempts to Integrate & Context of the Expansion RP
      Involvement and Status in IGOs- supporting points why satellite states want to integrate.
      [ATARA]
      [TRIDENT]
      Cases Proving Iverican Defensive Capability- further supporting points to why satellite states want to integrate. As a Hegemon, Iverica is able to prove that it is willing to decisively use force to protect citizens domestically and internationally.
      Operations in Afropa - See related articles for escalation and justification of this RP.
      Operation Paloma- Evacuation of Nationals from Ahranaian Revolution
      Verde Blockade
      Economic Prosperity- Iverica is able to prove that it RP'd and news-posted content which justifies a strong economy--further supporting the rationale that satellite states would want to integrate for mutual/self-profit.
      Proof of Sale 1- Astriedan
      Proof of Sale 2- Gallambria
      Proof of Sale 3- Girkmand
      Following this are some mentions of the KeyPhone and uses of the Apps like Wittier which are inferred to be at least well known in international markets
      News Post Re: Economy-1
      News Post Re: Technological and Infrastructure Growth- 1
      News Post Re: Tech and Infrastructure Growth- 2
      Supporting this are further less relevant articles on my news agency showing the build-up of other industries and its effect on certain sectors of society.
      CORE EXPANSION RP: State of the Republic
      Sets context, stakes, dramatis personae, and ties in above^ points in preparation for CORE RP 2: Iverican Boogaloo  the climax of the Expansion RP.
      Also explains the effects of some of Iverica's prior RPs and explains some of Iverica's plans for the future.
      CORE EXPANSION RP 2: A UNION DIVIDED
      This will conclude the expansion for the most part pending a few addendums to clearly explain some gaps the scenario is bound to have.
      The additions on the Region's map would then be justified at the conclusion of this RP.
      SUMMARY OF RP EVENTS (IC): A FEDERATION UNITED
      OUTLINE OF RELEVANT EXPANSION

The four states as pictured: The Free State of Vasqqa (Red), The Duchy of Verde (Green), The Confederate Union of Narva (Blue) and Greater Galicia (Yellow)
      I plan to either make a long-run RP wherein I will explain how we united under one important cause, or stagger their addition in two stages.
       SOME IRL CASES OF SIMILAR UNIFICATION
      Unification of Germany
      Union of the 13 Colonies- United States of America
      Unification of Italy

---
      End

• By SamNorth
      The Federal Republic of Stalgora

Capital: Havgard
      Capital Location: Protected Bay City off the Argic Sea
      Factbook: Current Version
      News Link: Courier - Carried Around the World
      Culture: Historically Dominated by Scandinavian People with a intermingling of Slavic and German Culture - Slavic Predominant on the Havgen Peninsula and the Germanic Tribes of the Hinterland
      Climate: Frigid mountain coastlines with protected Fjords and Bays which give way to and protected a sea warmed inner region known as the Hinterland - primary farmland and open pit mining region. Sparsly populated. 
      Location: Proposed Location - Includes the territory of their long time rivals and enemies - The Scandinaviskrike. 
      History 
      0500-1200 The Nomadic Scandinavian Tribes- The Scandinavian tribes settled the region that would become known as Stalgora. Giving the mountain range the name Jormungandr after the mythical beast of Nordic Lore. The main tribe, Vadagard, established itself early on as one of the key centerpieces of the region. The other Earldoms - including what would become The Skandinaviskrike - grew around this same time as colonies of Vadagard proper. 
      1200-1612 The Six Great Earldoms - Out of the various tribes, the six great Earldoms grew. Vadagard was the greatest and seat of power in the Jormungandr region. Its chief rival Scandinaviskgard - ruled the eastern reach in the great frozen plains of the Nordhavet. The other four earldoms - Vintergard, Rondheim, Jotunfjell, and Riagard - swayed between loyalty to the two greater powers. Traditions of swearing fielty and loyalty to an individual, not a lineage or state - meant loyalties only lasted as long as the people who had made them lived. Wars were fought, and lands changed hands. Mostly, the powers grew in both technology, science, and size. 
      1612-1671 The Rise of Edvard the Conqueror - Edvard the Conqueror was the greatest leader of Stalgoran history. Through his reign, he expanded Vadagard's influence to rule over the 5 other Earldoms as King. He conquered the Hinterland, bringing the Germanic tribes into the fold. He also conquered the Havgen Peninsula, marrying a Slavic beauty and naming his kingdom Stalgora - the Slavic name for the region. The House of Brandt would rule for ages to come. 
      1671-1858 The Golden Age of Kings - The Golden ages of kings saw the consolidating of the great power of the Stalgoran Monarchy. Vadagard became a veritable fortress of palaces of the great houses and power was consolidated from the traditional homes to the capital city. One holdout were the houses loyal to the Earl of Skandinaviskgard. The former rivals of the Brandt house continued to hold the monarchy in contempt, particularly in both their inclusion and incorporation of Germanic and Slavic culture into theirs - despite the fact that both ethnic groups were limited to the working class. As this rivalry continued to fester, it ended in Civil War. 
      1858-1861 The War of the Two Crowns - In 1858, Skandinaviskgard declared its independence from Stalgora and established its own monarchy with Ashelm as its capital. Over the course of three years, the region between the Hinterland and the Eiranfjell became fertile with the dead as the two sides fought a stalemate of a war. Finally, after three years, Stalgora and Skandinaviskgard reached a truce and a unsteady peace was established between the two powers.
      1861-1900 The birth of Industry and the Revolution - As the industrial Revolution began to pick up pace, shifting demographics and corporate power challenged the aristocratic foundations of the nation. As the nation established itself as an industrial powerhouse in the region (one rich in titanium, iron, coal, and oil), the power began to shift from the wealthy commoners running the corporate industries and the traditional power holders among the aristocracy. This shifting dynamic created tensions in the government. Attempting to assert some control again, the Monarchy and the aristocracy levied increasing taxes on both the corporations and the citizens. Finally, the tensions reached a tipping point.
      1900 The Birth of a Republic - With a hungry population, it took very little to shift the dynamic. A people's revolution funded by the over taxed corporations, the military largely shifted their support to the commoners and their goals. With little support and almost completely eroded power, the Monarchy capitulated. The Aristocratic households were sacked and the "old wealth" transferred to the state. The monarchy heritages were allowed to keep some semblance of power, and as the capital moved to the bay city of Havgard, Vadagard became the decadent and decaying seat of the old aristocratic houses. 
      -More Developing-

• By Eulycea
      Nation in Europa: The Kingdom of Eulycea

Flag:

Capital name: Brisa
      Capital location:

Factbook link: https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Eulycea
      Newsroom link: 

Culture: Eulycea embraces a culture analogous to western Europe, particularly the western Mediterranean. As the product of the Salvian Crusades, it has significant Salvian influences, particularly in its state religion (Eulycean Catholicism, a schismatic branch of Salvian Catholicism). However, the common (and official) language is Eulycean Aroman, primarily as the result of the evangelization of the Order of St. Joseph, who assimilated much of the native Lycean peoples into Catholicism by teaching them Aroman and Aromanizing their names and culture. This resulted in the cultural assimilation from the bottom up of the Salvian colonial elite into a distinctly Aromanish culture.

Climate: Eulycea has an arid, equatorial climate divided across three terrains: coastal plain, highland plateaus, and mountains. While near the coast, temperature is fairly mild and dry, the mountaintops remain cold and snowy all year. It is most analogous to Peru.

Location History: The Lycean peoples (analogous to indigenous Andean peoples pre-Columbus) developed a complex, well-organized agricultural society from 5,000 BC to 1100 AD, where they were finally unified under the Tihuanaco Empire. While the region had always been abundant in precious metals, the discovery of a massive new deposit at Montargent in the 1400s prompted invasion from the Yellow Empire in the 1400s, resulting in the Tihuanaco Empire becoming its tributary puppet. The Salvians, who were obstructed in trade by the Huang with their Lycean subjects, declared a crusade in Lycea as part of their broader campaign to dismantle the Yellow Empire in the 16th century. It succeeded, and the Salvian king became a dual monarch of both Salvia and Eulycea, with a governor administering the colony in his place. Later, in the 1700s, when republicans overthrew the Salvian monarch, he fled with much of the nobility to Eulycea, becoming a de facto (and later de jure) sovereign kingdom of its own.