Seylos

[OOC] Doom of Ceris

Hi, all. In this RP I'll be initially basing my interests in the small western nation of Ganlin, with its Huang minority and relatively stable government. However, as the situation in Ceris begins to unravel, Fulgistan is going to do its best to evacuate refugees, protect the resources of the island from destruction, and, if necessary, military intervene to suppress Sentist terrorism on Ceris, working in cooperation with regional allies (perhaps under an umbrella coalition). After the conclusion of the crisis, Fulgistan may maintain some token presence in an independent Ganlin/other portions of Ceris, but our ultimate concern is regional security, under whichever government can provide it.

• Like 3

There are certainly some ways Bulgenstazi interests can be put into effect. It would appear there are some starving people in Rusheau, our goal is to remove such injustice, in our fashion. Obviously their government needs some structural reform...

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Galahindan politics is all about sticking our well contoured noses into others business, it'd be fun to see how subtly influencing culture would benefit us. The issue is we don't have a standing army, but would likely utilize media manipulation.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Galahinda said:

Galahindan politics is all about sticking our well contoured noses into others business, it'd be fun to see how subtly influencing culture would benefit us. The issue is we don't have a standing army, but would likely utilize media manipulation.

Nothing a corporate income can't resolve with some mercenaries, right?

• Like 2

Just now, Oyus said:

Nothing a corporate income can't resolve with some mercenaries, right?

Funding the most fashionable faction would not be out of the realm of possibility

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Galahinda said:

Depending on how f*cked up Ceris is, there might not be much media to manipulate.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

There's media, just in the bigger cities. And mostly dominated by their geographically closest neighbors.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Orioni
      I was thinking about regional organisations. And the spectrum of sea-based nations came to mind. The working title is GIN: Group of Island Nations. 
      Premise
      We could discuss common socio-economical topics challenges as economic development, trade and shipping, ecology, fishing, and much more. Because there'd probably be some shared problems and solutions there. Different from those other, land-based neighbours. 
      Leadership. From a practical point of view, perhaps rotating leadership role where the Secretary-General changes every 6 months.
      Agenda. The Sec-Gen is responsible for organising a conference on 1 topic. That's not too much pressure to post. Look to the PIF for more RL inspiration. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Islands_Forum Or a similar RP organisation in Forest. https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=392607
      Setting. Founding this somewhere in the 1970s would make sense. This would place it after the events taking place in The Law of the Sea (1959).
      Any interest?
      Off the top of my head, I'd ask these players if they're interested:
      @Andalla ✅ @Asgeirria @Astriedan @Bulgenstaz ✅ @Gallambria ✅ @Kipan ✅ @Llalta ✅ @Little Flau @Miiros @Orioni ✅ @Oyus ✅ @Pallamara @Sancti Imperii Catholico ✅ @Selayar @Seylos ✅ @Sunset Sea Islands ✅ @Synturia I'll attach a quick poll to gauge the amount of interest. If there is >50% positive votes, this can be considered a viable idea and we move onto establishing further details.
    • By Haruspex
      As a reawakening nation within Europa/Eurth, although not a dead race, perhaps not as focused upon the region about them as they might have been. It has been some time since a visit was conducted within the Haru lands, be it for simple curiosity or ventures of trade and economy. Recent events, a war, a return of the old ways, the acknowledgement of old friends and perhaps old enemies, brings the slumbering beast from its reverie once more. 
      The Occident is in a different state then when the Empress first, and the Emperor that followed, had paid attention to it. A new emperor is about to be crowned, banners once more shall rustle in the breeze. Shall this be more of the same, or a different approach to the realm as it knows. 
    • By Orioni
      For 2019 I'm planning a small tourism RP. Its focus is to explore the cultures and sights of nations in Argis and Alharu. This will be semi-open depending on which nations grants a tourism visa to my character. The title is a pun on Mr Smith goes to Washington but other than the name this has little to do with politics.
      Story
      Mr Hidad Simizi has reached the pension age of 66 years. Unfortunately, his wife of Isla Raisi died in 2014. The couple had been married since 1971. His three children have all left the house. For the last 5 years he has been putting some money aside and now he wants to see the world. He is making plans to visit Argis and Alharu, collectively referred to here as "Alhargis". (If this works out well and Mr Simizi survives the trip, perhaps he might visit more places in the future.)
      Character Profile

Hidad Simizi is a 66-year-old former tradesperson's assistant who enjoys watching television, baking and he is obsessed with photography. His other hobbies include jigsaw puzzles, knitting, football, cycling, donating blood. Backstory. Hidad has three children from his late wife Isla: daughter Halliye (born 1975), daughter Gloriya (born 1980) and son Jabril (born). He grew up in an impoverished working-class neighbourhood. After his mother died when he was young, he was raised by his father. He finished school and then left academia. Hidad's best friend is another tradesperson's assistant called Elmer Oweni who nicknamed him "Lazy Hidad". The two men have a very fiery friendship. He also hangs around with his neighbour Patsy Neali. They enjoy watching television together. Character. He is giving and friendly, but can also be very thick and a bit lazy. He is an Orinese man who defines himself as straight. Appearance. Physically, Hidad is slightly overweight but otherwise in good shape. He is short with brown skin, black hair and black eyes. He has a small moustache. He is allergic to milk. Countries to visit
      Once it's clear which countries are open to tourism, I'll have him apply for a Visa in each of these nations. If you're open to a visit, please start by filling out this form with additional details.
      VISA APPLICATION FORM * Requirement: (yes/no) * Max. duration: (days) * Health requirements: (which) TOURISM GUIDE * Top cities: (city names) * Sights worth seeing: (historical buildings, special places, parks) * Cultural events taking place: (what, where, when, how many days) * Getting around: (airlines, public transportation, taxi) * Local cuisine: (what to eat and drink, what to avoid) * Sleeping: (hotels) Itinerary
      Right now I'm thinking of having him visit Alharu and Argis from west to east. It really depends on which nations are welcoming enough to grant him a tourist Visa.
      @Andalla Can I start out by having my character travel via Arkhavn?
      Confirmed visits:
      Andalla (layover) Fulgistan