Selayar

Expansion Selayar

I am not going to lie: I am biased but I would love to have this come to pass as it would finally mean, eventually, that I would be sharing a border with someone LOL.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rihan said:

I am not going to lie: I am biased but I would love to have this come to pass as it would finally mean, eventually, that I would be sharing a border with someone LOL.

There's still a bit of space between the pair of you... :P

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

Not after Enolia

Edited by Shffahkia
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

For the moment...but that can easily be changed.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

11 hours ago, Rihan said:

For the moment...but that can easily be changed.

That could certainly be arranged ;)

• Like 3

Taking into consideration the map of cultural regions that's in the works (i.e mapping out how the wurld's cultures have spread) - taking a "polynesian" culture doesn't really work.

Where you're look at (referencing https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/385538600244215808/467227098004586496/south_culture_ideas_gall.png) - You would be looking at a indo-asian mix w/ new-age asian.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gallambria said:

Taking into consideration the map of cultural regions that's in the works (i.e mapping out how the wurld's cultures have spread) - taking a "polynesian" culture doesn't really work.

Where you're look at (referencing https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/385538600244215808/467227098004586496/south_culture_ideas_gall.png) - You would be looking at a indo-asian mix w/ new-age asian.

Oh, culturally it will still be your typical Southeast Asian culture plus some Chinese influences. The polynesian bit is just from linguistic perspective, since my conlang is partly based on Polynesian languages. Beside having Polynesian culture in a continent is a bit odd

• Like 3

Having heard the verdict from the Mods that this should be turned into an expansion RP, and subsequently, this 'new' territory will be marked Reserved until such RP is finished, I want to ask a question. Firstly, this 'starting over' is an ignorant move on my part, and I've been treating that this Reserved territory is the core of my nation instead of the islands. I'll rectify this mistake with the expansion RP, which will be set in the past, and involve a schism, not unlike that of Taiwan and China. Though it will end up in a unified nation. This, in my personal view, will reconcile the mistakes I've made so far, at least ICly.

My question is, while waiting for the RP to be done, which would undoubtedly take a few months at the minimum, is it fine if I RP'd as if my capital and the bulk of the population is already located in Aurelia? To my knowledge, this will be marked Reserved and thus in the map, my nation's core territory would be in the little islands. I will respect the mod teams decision, whatever that will be

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selayar said:

My question is, while waiting for the RP to be done, which would undoubtedly take a few months at the minimum, is it fine if I RP'd as if my capital and the bulk of the population is already located in Aurelia?

Hmmm... sounds difficult to me. Sure, your government could claim that the people on the mainland are Selayari citizens, even though they might not be directly under your current control. The government-in-exile or whatever you have planned could also still claim that the capital remains on the mainland, even though it operates off the island. But RPing as if your expansion is already done and then RPing the expansion itself at some later point in time sounds dodgy to me. Pinging @Iverica and @Orioni for future reference.

• Like 1

I've just edited the title accordingly. I'll need to RP on the islands for a while then. If that's so, what should I do with my current news that referenced to the location in the 'Reserved' area? Should I just retcon the story? Or edit it accordingly?

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 5:44 PM, Selayar said:

If that's so, what should I do with my current news that referenced to the location in the 'Reserved' area? Should I just retcon the story? Or edit it accordingly?

Either works, I'd say. It's up to you.

• Like 2

• Similar Content

• By PyeMcGowan
      Over the past weeks and upcoming weeks me and @Alenveil have/will be RPing often to help justify the war in the Auraid Bay. The Actual RP will begin on April 24th, and will go on for the following two to four weeks. We have acknowledged that we As relatively new Nations must earn the expansion, so we will be doing as much as possible before April 24th.
      The post conflict borders will look much like this

The red border represents my claim, and the blue Alenveil’s. The Yellow spot is the city of Pyemacus, and the Anchor PNB Hamptus, you could leave the PyeMcGowian Border there and just do PNB Hamptus (PMG). I am unaware of any of Alenveil’s Cities, so I suggest that he post something below. I am also unaware what will happen to the remaining land of Theodoria as they are inactive
    • By Ahrana
      As my dear neighbor @Prymont had stated I have a few expansion areas Im looking at for the future of Ahrana and the last of all expansions of Ahrana for the foreseeable future and such. The expansion will come in three phases with te first phase starting next year and the other two phases being six months between the first one. They all are going to be Role-played out and will have many justifications and reasonings.

(please do ignore the sub-territorial lines inside the federation that's for something else)
      Anyways the first Phase is to the West of the Federations Borders, the Role-play that will go with this is the territorial claims by the Federal Republic of Xara as Ahrana only annexed one segment of the entire old Country. The other Capitals of the Old Country, Remus and Romulus make Xara whole having three Capitals in all. How it will start is that the Government of Vulgus Supra receives Signals from Remus and Romulus as coming under attack by the Religious Fundamentalist that plagued Xara till the Armed Forces of Ahrana stepped in. So after the defeat they fled to what the Ahranaian Government to be no mans land but instead was Greater Xara and the Old Country of Ahrana. Within this Phase the Religious Radicals will finally be named and we will see exactly what they are capable of doing.

Phase 2 will be started and pursued to create a land border between the Federation and the United States in hopes of further advancing relations and lower Travel Restrictions and so forth. With this instalment Ahrana will begin to ally itself closer with the United States helping usher in Peace in Argis and the northern part of the World. It is with this that I hope that @Prymont grow closer together in some form of another yet to be discussed. The RP for this phase is to give the Federation some more farm land (yes I know it stays cold most of the year here but what we can grow will help!!!!) and more land for factories and so much more. This Phase will start Six months after Phase 1.

Phase 3 will be started Six months or more depending on my life status (haha) after Phase 2. This phase will mainly be a way for Ahrana to be part of Central Argis and to be able help stabilize the area that is in a consistent state of war in my words. OOCly this will also give the United States a corridor into the Central of Argis to help with the stability and so forth. I know Pryguy might have more to say OOCly but we haven't got there yet. This RP will consist of having access to the south and to bring easier trade to the region and giving the Federation more warmer lands for a longer Farming season and another water access area. This Phase has no time table yet, and I have yet to know what others will think in the area but hopefully none to bad (haha).

So there you guys have it the total expansion of Ahrana for the near future and probably the last one for Ahrana at that, I do not see the Federation growing bigger after this unless invasions happen and so forth. So do feel free to leave your thoughts behind!
    • By Shffahkia
      Salutations readers of this here topic. 
      Here's one more topic to discuss! I know what you're thinking "a discussion topic about Shffahkian expansion, yay!" However, before we jump right into it, here's some backstory. As of late, I haven't been very active on the forums in terms of RP as I've been keeping myself busy making a fitting iiwiki page for everyone's favourite *cough*  only Collectivist state. In writing my history as a Lysian colony and the like, I came upon a historical topic which I didn't really explore much in the creation of my history.
      Now, this topic is first and foremost for discussion purposes, so if you have anything to inquire about,  contribute to, comment about or suggest please do so in the form of an objection which I (or a mod maybe) will then either overrule or sustain.
      I don't plan to do this RP in a while because I'm focusing on my iiwiki but I think the earlier this is here the better.  I'm especially interested in the opinions of mods and the opinion of my dear beloved neighbours: @Rihan , @Asgeirria, @Little Flau and @Kipan with whom I share this wonderful continent with. 
      Best Wishes,
      Shffahkia (that one weird Collectivist nation that kinda looks like a tumour on the map)
      (Also sorry if this should've been in planning instead of here)