Orioni

[OOC] Pandemic

Timing

In March there will be a pandemic. The story will run for 4 weeks. 

• Starts Saturday 2 March 2019
  • Ends Sunday 31 March 2019

When the month ends, the disease in your nation can either be cured or continue to linger. This is left up to each individual player to decide.

Plot

A traveller is infected with an unknown disease. Working title: empyrean plague. The traveller starts out somewhere on Eurth. The infected traveller is on an aeroplane. The disease is spread before it is discovered. The disease mutates and becomes more dangerous. With every passing week you will receive more information as the story develops. @Seylos showed interest on Discord and will be OP for this story.

Ways to join

• Character. You have an infected person onboard the aeroplane and RP their struggle. Maybe a stewardess. Or a travelling salesman. Or a student going abroad.
  • Solution-driven. Your scientists, universities or companies join the international effort to find a cure.
  • Prevention-driven. Your leaders close all travel in an attempt to keep the disease out. You explain how this impacts your people. It will put a strain on diplomatic relations.

If you don't want to join then you won't be infected.

• Like 4

I would enjoy participating in this, especially considering it could be another way to talk about the Aurelian Cup that we are hosting, an aspect that could be focused on more closely in the lead up to it. I would not have any problem throwing in a character at least.

• Like 3

I don’t think that, since the disease came from hot south Europa, it would find ease expanding into Northern Argis, Europa and maybe southern Aurelia. Maybe this could cause masses heading to places like these, but the disease suddenly mutates to combat the cold climate? Just an idea, but it could work.

• Like 1

I'd be happy to chip in researching a cure; Fulgistani medical internationalism and all. Perhaps we'd also be at risk, seeing as how Alharu suffers from both a hot climate and deficient sanitation?

• Like 2

I’m down for this... gives the Church an excuse to go ham on converting while combatting the disease internationally.

”Wow, you look pretty sick there.  Maybe if you followed Jesus this wouldn’t have happened?”

Edited by Sancti Imperii Catholico
  • Like 3

I would definitely like to participate in this. Maybe Llalta, being so isolated and safe, could act as some kind of save haven for people to escape to? Of course, this would lead to some issues like maybe an infected group of people attempting to find refuge in Llalta and the issues our small government will face.

Edited by Llalta
  • Like 2

I would like to participate, I'd imagine my country go into full lockdown mode, quarantines, curfew, no travel in or out of the country, restricted travel within the country, the works. We'd probably also work towards a cure, being the main focus of the nation other minimizing infection.

• Like 3

On 2/14/2019 at 3:24 AM, Sancti Imperii Catholico said:

I’m down for this... gives the Church an excuse to go ham on converting while combatting the disease internationally.

”Wow, you look pretty sick there.  Maybe if you followed Jesus this wouldn’t have happened?”

Hmmmm...

If you want some sort of NBC mitres, you know where to come.

Already told Seylos that I wouldn't be in, but I'm just putting it out here as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rihan said:

Certainly merits a comment in a news post - a conservative paper blaming it on those who are not pious enough and a punishment from the High One a la Black Death fears lol.

Depending on the outcome, it shows His blessing?

• Like 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.