PyeMcGowan

Joint Expansion Request: Fate of Theodoria

Over the past weeks and upcoming weeks me and @Alenveil have/will be RPing often to help justify the war in the Auraid Bay. The Actual RP will begin on April 24th, and will go on for the following two to four weeks. We have acknowledged that we As relatively new Nations must earn the expansion, so we will be doing as much as possible before April 24th.

The post conflict borders will look much like this

nxnn6x.jpg

The red border represents my claim, and the blue Alenveil’s. The Yellow spot is the city of Pyemacus, and the Anchor PNB Hamptus, you could leave the PyeMcGowian Border there and just do PNB Hamptus (PMG). I am unaware of any of Alenveil’s Cities, so I suggest that he post something below. I am also unaware what will happen to the remaining land of Theodoria as they are inactive

• Like 2

There have been some very valid concerns thrown up in the thread that I've linked to that still haven't been cleared up. Additionally, you've been asked/pinged multiple times to give clarifications. You've neglected to do so as far as I know. 

While we're not yet in April, be aware that if these issues have not been clarified by then and the amount of activity by the two of you hasn't been deemed adequate by the mod team, we will close down any attempt to still push through this expansion. In my own opinion, and I think also one held by the mod team, any expansion into a different player, be they active or inactive, should be held to a higher standards and hold higher requirements.

Furthermore, I would like to see evidence of Theodoria agreeing to an expansion into his nation. 

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, the last time we did this he said that he wasn't going to come back, but that might have changed, and I do agree with @Variota in the sense that this will require some higher moderation. I'll make sure to add various dock cities and...well, maybe that's it because I don't really have that much room to place.

In the bottom blue area, I'll open a dock town. "Biramo" will be its name, after this is completed.

Edited by Alenveil
  • Like 1

While stating that he isn't coming back could be seen as a sign of no longer being interested, I feel that either a post by Theodoria here on the forums or a screenshot from, say, NS telegrams or Discord PM's in which he explicitly agrees to this expansion will be needed. See this also as a bit of protection for yourselves, as it allows no doubt about his agreement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Variota said:

While stating that he isn't coming back could be seen as a sign of no longer being interested, I feel that either a post by Theodoria here on the forums or a screenshot from, say, NS telegrams or Discord PM's in which he explicitly agrees to this expansion will be needed. See this also as a bit of protection for yourselves, as it allows no doubt about his agreement. 

First of all, sorry for not replying to the War (?) thread, I thought I did, but apparently not.

here is a imgur link to an image of Theodoria Agreeing. 

https://imgur.com/a/G9jDkkZ

ggb34gf.jpg

• Like 1

@Tagmatium Rules

What I’ve been able to grasp (thanks to CGP Grey) is that the Theodorian government hasn’t fallen to pieces in revolution because of how squalid the populace is. Our idea is to fund multiple protests that we’re hoping will escalate into a full-scale revolution, which will make annexation easier for when we mobilize and pick up the scraps. I’m not sure why Pye insists on only taking a few cities, I’m sure he can elaborate on why.

• Like 1

After further consideration I have decided to annex a larger portion of Theodoria following the RP

The New, and probably final PyeMcGowian Claim is below

FE96D934-6B9C-44C3-9D51-3479A13BF886.jpe

Yellow/white Cities

1.Hamptus

2.Paddington Forbes

Blue, Unmarked RP Principalities

1.Constantus

2.Percendon

3.Cardon

4.Vallsdale

5.Hamptus

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Alenveil said:

@Tagmatium Rules

What I’ve been able to grasp (thanks to CGP Grey) is that the Theodorian government hasn’t fallen to pieces in revolution because of how squalid the populace is. Our idea is to fund multiple protests that we’re hoping will escalate into a full-scale revolution, which will make annexation easier for when we mobilize and pick up the scraps. I’m not sure why Pye insists on only taking a few cities, I’m sure he can elaborate on why.

3 hours ago, PyeMcGowan said:

After further consideration I have decided to annex a larger portion of Theodoria following the RP

The New, and probably final PyeMcGowian Claim is below

FE96D934-6B9C-44C3-9D51-3479A13BF886.jpe

Yellow/white Cities

1.Hamptus

2.Paddington Forbes

Blue, Unmarked RP Principalities

1.Constantus

2.Percendon

3.Cardon

4.Vallsdale

5.Hamptus

I would strongly recommend that the pair of you work out what it is that you want from this. There seems to be some confusion between you two on precisely what it is that you want from it. That doesn't really bode too well for the shared RP.

Similarly, Pye, it looks to me that you're going back on what you said on Discord. That's fair enough. Merely taking a few cities was a bit of a surprise.

• Like 4

@Tagmatium Rules @Orioni I’ll occasionally go into Nationstates to upkeep my nation, but I’m not going to write anything until the end of the summer. I’ve been incredibly busy, and am just going to abandon this annexation request, given that I am the only one left of the party wishing to instigate.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Alenveil said:

@Tagmatium Rules @Orioni I’ll occasionally go into Nationstates to upkeep my nation, but I’m not going to write anything until the end of the summer. I’ve been incredibly busy, and am just going to abandon this annexation request, given that I am the only one left of the party wishing to instigate.

I'm sorry about that. I think I'm to blame for it.

Do you have any contact with @PyeMcGowan?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Andalla
      ANDALLA CAN INTO EXPANSION!!!
      Now before anything crazy happens, let me first explain. Yes, actually I did realize that this was a bit too long...
        Geography
      Andalla will be claiming the only island north of Flau, as shown in the map below. This island shall be known as Giokto (short O please).

Culture
      The islanders' culture will be based off the Hokkien (Southern Min/Min Nan) culture of China, especially Philippine/Taiwanese Hokkien (As the translator website I use was created by a Filipino-Hokkien). The people inhabiting Giokto are known as Lan-nang ("We People") or Lanska in Andallan. In Anglish, well, let's just say "Giokton".
      Etymology
      "Giok-to" means "Jade Island". The single large mountain in the center of the island is seen as a symbol of Giokto and is known as "Giok-soa" or "Jade Mountain" (a play on Taiwan's Yushan).
      History
      The Giokton people are descended from an ancient Alharun civilization that split in half, becoming @Fulgistan and Giokto, respectively (EDIT: Huang Civilization). The half that would become Giokto settled near along the southern coast of the Cashari peninsula. Internal strife caused the people to separate into several groups, and over time, migrating across the sea in numerous waves, landing on the island. Eventually these waves grew into city-states and kingdoms constantly competing for land, as the island was small and rich in resources. For most of its history it was divided into such kingdoms which, after the internal strife problem somewhat died down, formed two major alliances that often fought against each other whether in large-scale battles or skirmishes. The two alliances were known as the Northern (北 Pak) and Southern (南 Lâm) alliances. Soon enough, the South was able to establish friendly relations with the neutral then-kingdom of Andalla, which agreed to assist them in their fight against the North. However, for most of the Warring Kingdoms period the North held a firm rule over most of the island, resulting in a stalemate. The South, though assisted by Andalla, was never able to defeat the North; on the other hand, the North was never able to defeat the South due to their powerful ally.
      A notable event during that period was when the North established friendly relations with the city-states of @Selayar in the mid-1600s, augmenting their superiority in resources. Several years later, one of the Northern kingdoms drew up plans to begin colonizing Selayar so the flow of resources could be regulated to only the North. The plan was not well-received as it was believed that sending soldiers overseas would reduce the number of defending soldiers on the island. In the end, only two kingdoms were willing to colonize Selayar, and so they did.
      In the mid-1700s, as the Andallan economy grew rapidly, trade between Andalla and the South prospered. Throughout the rest of the 1700s and early 1800s, it allowed the South to slowly amass a much larger military force, eventually resulting in an arms race between the North and South. Tensions between the two sides also increased dramatically during that period.
      The spirit of war was once again awakened after 2 centuries when a land dispute between two mountain kingdoms from opposite sides escalated into battle and later war, as the two kingdoms rallied their allies to attack. The North once again assumed the offensive stance, while the South, after unfruitful attempts at offense, put up a brutal defense against the advancing North. It was then decided that a detachment of forces would be gathered to also attack Selayar, and after a months-long campaign, Selayar fell to the South. But on the mainland, the South were slowly being softened by the regular attacks until they were unable to defend. One by one, the Southern kingdoms fell to the North. As each kingdom fell, allied troops there would evacuate to another kingdom or risk getting captured. This issue was solved when Andalla and the North signed an agreement granting allied soldiers in surrendering kingdoms to escape unharmed if they promised a cease-fire there. Though it was not implemented successfully as some soldiers from the surrendering kingdom would disguise as an allied soldier, tens of thousands of lives were saved because of the agreement. In the end, only two Southern kingdoms and Andalla remained, both of which announced unconditional surrender as Northern troops slowly surrounded their capitals. At the same time, virtually-untouched Andalla proposed a cease-fire with the North, on the terms that Selayar would officially be ceded to the Andallans. The treaty was accepted, effectively ending the "Great Giokton War".
      A second war broke out in November 1941 when the Giokton submarine I-23 sunk the SFS Teuvo Anttonen, an Andallan troop transport ferrying soldiers to Giokto. The ship sunk with the loss of 1,452 lives, and the beginning of a war that would last 6 long years, span 3 continents and cost millions of lives. The war saw three major alliances: the Andallans and their allies, Giokto and Selayar, and the Sunset Sea Islands and allied separatist groups. Meanwhile, the main battleground was the island of Giokto itself. The Andallan military, secretly assisted by underground Giokton rebels, led the assault on Giokton and Selayari forces on the island. Battles raged on, on land, sea and air. Both sides fought to the teeth with all their might; the far larger Andallan military equally-matched with the Giokton's advanced technology and knowledge of the topograhy.
      And now, as other countries get involved, I no longer know what happens. The Sunset Sea Islands looks on as Andallan and Giokton forces slowly deteriorate from battle, then takes its chance. Suddenly, both Andallans and Gioktons see lightning-speed assaults on their shores and, being unable to defend as their troops were on the front lines, had large parts of their territories taken away by the Sunset Sea Islandian empire. The war between Andalla and Giokto turns into a three-way war, with the Sunset Sea Islands (Err, everyone's enemy) and Andalla's allies entering the scene.
      The Giokton military was forced to surrender in 1947, granting Andalla the control over Giokto. Throughout the 1950s, the new government began extensive projects to rebuild and modernize the island, and by the 1970s, Giokto became an important financial center. Today, Giokto is highly-developed; it is evident in the bustling skyscrapers of Giokto's cities.
      Politics
      The entire island and its surroundings form the Republic of Giokto. The state is in a formal association with Andalla, with Andalla providing defense. Initially, Andalla also oversaw Giokton foreign relations; however, in recent decades the nation has been taking diplomacy into its own hands. The Giokton government functions much like the Andallan government, with a president, vice president, and a unicameral Congress. The Giokton capital is known as Saipuo.
      Flag
      The color green symbolizes Jade (a symbol of Giokto, referring to Gioksoa) and the island's rich nature. Yellow symbolizes royalty, alluding to the history of Giokto. The three blue bands represent the sea and the three faces of Gioksoa: the north, south and west faces.

• By Haruspex
      I'd like to expand into the former territory of Beautancus. He left around the same time as I did, and to my knowledge is not active within the region or even a nation on NS any longer. I have considerable history however with that area from previous role-plays in the archive and so forth. 
      I will begin a role-play concerning it as well leading up to it, from the current diplomatic thread here: 
    • By Selayar
      As some of you might know, I have decided to start a clean slate because I find that the previous idea of Selayar is unworkable on my end. So i'm moving map spot to better fit my new idea for this country, and here's my new form:
      Nation in Europa: Selayar
      Flag: 
      Capital name: Wanaperaʻa
      Capital location: In the gulf area (see the map of claim)
      Factbook link: https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Selayar
      Newsroom link: 

Culture: Insular Southeast Asia (Austronesia) without Indian influence along with pseudo-Polynesia linguistic influence and a mix of other Asian cultures. It will be a matrilineal rice-growing riverine culture in the lowland. It will also be multiethnics so there will be some variations present. I'm also planning to construct an entire language family that might be indigenous to the area around Manamana Bay.
      Climate: Tropical rainforest (Af) with pockets of tropical monsoon (Am)
      Location: Northeast Aurelia, near the Manamana Canal on the southern coast of Manamana Bay
      History: The Manamanan culture arose around the 3rd century BC, with the domestication of animals and cereals, most importantly rice (or a local variety thereof) around present-day Mananaman canal (parallel to Neolithic China). This later followed by other cultures that led to the creation of kingdoms (and most of the time queendoms due to the matrilineal culture) by 1st century BCE. The following period, around 6th century CE saw the breakup of the centralised state as it splintered into small queendoms or chiefdoms, and regression of culture and technology. Only in the 14th century CE did the First Reyan Empire united what is now the territory of modern Selayar. The Second Empire follows as it reached its territorial height in 17th or 18th century, shortly before meeting with the 'foreign' colonies in Shffahkia (?), and starts the 'Contact Period'. A now-famous explorer reached the depth of the Empire's territory and recorded stories that now is well-known (?). A vassal kingdom in the heartland of the Empire rebelled and won control of Selayar, and paved the way for the modern state of Selayar as it absorbs more and more foreign influences. A revolution at the end of 19th century saw the establishment of constitutional monarchy that lasted till this very day.

With this request, i will also request the removal of my old spot in the islands east of Giokto. There might be a possibility of holding Taiwan-Chinese like RP there, but in the meantime, it'll be better for it to be removed before i can run such a roleplay. And thanks before! If i missed anything, please tell me and i will fix it as soon as possible.