Alenveil

Matteo Arlotta and The Aresi Stone

Stumbling out of the plane from Selbourne to Sarbo was Pietro Rovetti, the most famed modern Limonaian archeologist. He wasn't exactly pleased with today, angry, embarrassed, straight up mad? Up until now he had been enjoying some off time in Selbourne, with a lot of alcohol, and few worries, but the urgent letter which apparently had been delayed due to some complications with the letter going to his office in Limonaia and no one informing him about it until now lead to a hasty booking of the first flight he could find to Sarbo. These findings weren't exactly something to ignore, so he appreciated the opportunity of working on this.

He had no time to go to a hotel, Pietro hired a taxi and went straight to the Alenian Museum of Natural History, while pondering on what he's about to work on. As he approached the museum he commented: "Beautiful architecture", before entering the building.

Edited by Limonaia
  • Like 4

He was immediately greeted by the bored, sour, and indifferent museum secretary. She looked up from her computer and swiveled his desk over to him. "May I help you?" she asked, ready to take whatever request the man had.

Meanwhile, Matteo saw the Rihannsu ambassador enter. Still irritated at his sudden intrusion, he feigned gratitude surprisingly well.

"Ah! Good, you're here! Welcome, Mr...tr'Rukon, right? I'm so glad to see you! Tell me, what's a hot-shot ambassador doing at an archaeologist meeting? The stone must be making waves if even Rihan is interested," Matteo smiled towards him and waited for the response he had in store.

• Like 3

Rovetti walked up to the front desk and stared at the secretary "The Alenian dialect is a bit odd" he thought to himself as he scratched the stubbles on his chin. "Name's Pietro Rovetti, I'm here for the meeting with the Director and Arlotta." he said as he looked at the gorgeous room he had just entered. "Rovetti? Was it, I'm not seeing your name here." She said and looked at the man, he wasn't exactly that impressive, fatty hair, stubbles and a loose beige coat with a dirty shirt under it. Rovetti wasn't in the mood for this, his head was pounding "Blasted alcohol" he thought to himself. "Let me talk to Arlotta, Miss. I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding, I represent Limonaia so just take me to him and I'm sure this will be just fine"

• Like 2

"Nemus...Nemus Rukon..." he responded. "The tr' in the name used to identify 'of' concerning an individual and their associated house." He was certainly intrigued by the Stone. "Mister Arlotta," he continued, "your discovery has absolutely sparked some interest back in the Republic from academics to notable patrons of ancient culture," pausing to take a quick glance at something, and proceeded, "the Stone has caught the attention of more than one individual, to say the least. The Foreign Ministry instructed me to see it for myself."

"Where was the stone found?"

• Like 4

When focussed on a specific task, Houen would forget the world around him. Sometimes, however, the exact opposite was true. On his way to the museum, Houen was fascinated by almost everything he saw. He documented every architectural marvel he came across and spoke with random citizens to learn about the buildings and monuments around him. The sight that fascinated him the most on his way to meet his old friend was Elisa Pizzini. Houen Tenki wore his heart on his sleeve and when he saw Elisa's hair illuminated by the evening light in a most elegant way, surrounded by the tasteful design of the lobby, he couldn't help but stop in awe and say "Good heavens, you're beautiful."

In his mind, she fulfilled every stereotype of a wise priestess greeting travellers in a temple of a long-forgotten deity. Elisa was taken by surprise, as this was the weirdest of weird encounters she had in a relatively short span of time.

"You must be Mr. Tenki, am I right? If you may be so kind to follow me?"

Elisa was tired, she wanted to go home and enjoy some time alone, but these weird people just didn't stop pouring into the museum.

"How did you know my name, fair lady? You must have forseen my coming, I shall follow you whereever you lead me!" Houen enthusiastically replied.

Rolling her eyes but still somehow pleased with the compliment, she led Houen to the room where the other guests were waiting. As soon as Houen saw his old friend Mateo Arlotta, he left the bags containing his equipment where he stood and embraced him with joy in his eyes.

"It has been ages, my friend, I am so glad to see you! We have so much to catch up about!"

When Houen let go of Matteo, his friend's expression reminded him of the real reason why he was here.

"Right, but that can wait! First, let's deal with that stone of yours!"

Elisa Pizzini used this moment to finally slip away from this group of strange individuals and hoped that the last minutes to the end of her shift would pass quickly and without any more disturbances.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Elisa nodded and led Rovetti to the back room after the strange occurrence with Mr. Tenki.

"I think these are the last of those in this odd meeting. Enjoy your time, I need a damn coffee," Elisa groaned and stepped out of the room.

"Well, I'm glad you asked. It was found in Aresi, where I think I'm going to name it off of. The Aresi Stone...how does that sound?" he questioned to the @Rihanssu wondering his own opinion on the matter.

Matteo turned, hearing the grumpy voice of the museum secretary, and approached Pietro, the @Limonaia n scientist, "hey! Pi..." he paused, trying to remember the name again, "Pietro! Welcome! I'm so glad to have you here, this Limone dialect is something that I'm not sure if I can read. It makes some sense, but it's choppy. With you on our side and with the help of cross-referencing of the Limonaian Merchant Texts, we're sure to find out these primitive people's identity!"

He patted Pietro on the shoulder and then turned to face his friend from the @Sunset Sea Islands. His eyes widening, and a smile growing on his face. "Houen!" he shouted, running over and pulling him into a hug, patting him on the back! "Ah, dear friend!" he looked around Houen, "um, you said you'd be bringing Trai." He placed his hands on his hips, almost scoldingly, but still trying to tease him at the same time, "did you forget her at the airport while you were spacing out?"

"Seriously, though, where is she? Not that you're any worse, but I was hoping to have her alongside this mission too. You brought up a lot of good things about her," he chuckled of nervousness, "sorry. I have a lot on my mind, this meeting hasn't gone very according to plan," Matteo lowered his voice, "I didn't expect the Ambassador to be here, and I'm a little irritated about the situation."

His voice returned to a normal pitch, "still, I'm thrilled you're here."

Edited by Alenveil
  • Like 4

Nemus nodded as Matteo responded, "Aresi, I am told it is a lovely place to visit. And from the discovery of this stone," he placed emphasis, "many additional ruins and artifacts that could be possibly still out there." He then began to pace around the stone's protective encasement. "Simply remarkable," he said to himself, taking down some notes in a small notepad he took out from his coat's inside pocket. "The name of the stone is perfectly simple and reasonable" replying to Matteo. He had another question for him. "How much is known about the history of the stone? I imagine the Limonaian Merchant Texts should give some idea."

• Like 4

"The Rihannsu are quite fond of exploring the past," the ambassador responded. "The Senate itself has invested considerable amounts into preserving our own natural historical sites and the objects, both created and rediscovered, at said sites. The Great Museum in Dartha is the depository of such treasures." He looked at the stone for a quick moment and then turned to Matteo, "I have gotten wind that there are several individuals who finding an increased interest in the past of Northern Argis." He paused, "Mister Arlotta," and continued, "if it was to be sold, how much could be made off of it?"

• Like 2