Alenveil

[OOC] Matteo Arlotta and the Aresi Stone

15 hours ago, Alenveil said:

The Aresi Stone is a story I'm writing about the deciphering of the Aresi Stone that could possibly take an Indiana Jones-ish turn. It will involve @Limonaia and @Prymont initially, but the nations can decide to be involved later. How does this sound?

Huh!

From the title I thought you might be going for a knock-off Harry Potter from Alenveil :P

• Haha 2

A couple of questions about this story, in the hopes of aiding with the planning.

• Participation. Will the RP be open to all, semi-open, or closed (invite only)?
  • Setting. When (time) and where (location) is this taking place?
  • Characters. How many characters are involved? Are you introducing new characters or reusing existing ones?

@Orioni Semi-open, in the sense of the initial players will be Limonaia and Prymont, but they can forward the "letter" they're going to be sent to other nations that could help in the deciphering.

The time and place will be present-day at the Alenian Museum of National History. I chose the location because it seems like a place where research like this would be done.

I have not thought about how many characters there will be. I'm only sure about Matteo Arlotta. There could also be assistants of some kind to help.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:06 AM, Tagmatium Rules said:

Huh!

From the title I thought you might be going for a knock-off Harry Potter from Alenveil :P

I can see where one would think that! That's what I was thinking when I wrote it, the titles are pretty similar and different at the same time.

I forgot that @Prymont has been inactive for quite some time and would end up stopping progression. In this case, I'm changing the invite from him to @Sunset Sea Islands because of past situations showing that there are skilled archaeologists in his midst that could possibly know something like ancient Prymontian.

Edited by Alenveil
  • Like 2

@Alenveil I'm happy for someone to mention archaeologists from Prymont visiting to inspect. If anyone wants to go into a bit more detail, they're more than welcome to message me on Discord to discuss it. Sorry I'm not around to write about it, it seems an interesting RP.

Edited by Prymont
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rihan said:

As joked on Discord some time ago, I'd be happy to play a slightly sinister individual who could scheme to steal the Stone for his own petty agenda aka adding it to his collection. I am sure there is more than one aristocrat who wouldn't mind having such an artifact in their villa.

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Rihan

Wonderful! Not only do we have the KPU, but we also have your aristocratic character! Do it, my friend!

• Like 1

@Rihan

It's best if we find a way to include your character early on...I was thinking at some point your character could contact someone after this first meeting with the director of the museum? I don't know, this idea was half-baked...ideas from anyone else?

Edit:
Wait, I just saw your character's idea with sending someone from the Rihannsu embassy. I'm including him as I write.

Edited by Alenveil
  • Like 1

Character development in story writing - Mr John Halbert

Personal details - Aged 52, 

Physical description - slightly overweight, 6’ 5, Brown/Grey Hair, white,

Personal history, what's going on right now in their life, and what happened before - Currently He is working on the construction of a large maritime museum in Dawson, he has spent the last decade jumping from one position to another, and he has finally become director of the PyeMcGowian Museums Group

Occupation, education, hobbies - Director of the PyeMcGowian Museums Group, went to Charleston University, he enjoys making ships in bottles and painting.

Good and bad qualities, quirks and flaws - He is very proud of himself, but can be like a brick wall when he doesn’t want to do something.

Drives, wishes, hopes and fears, beliefs - He wants to see,  by the time he passes, a publication with the entire history of his region (East Argis), terrified of bats

Family members, parents, children, love interests, relationships - He has a wife, Margaret (50), and two children, Charles (18) and Emily (16)

Loyalties and enemies - has had a feud with United Corp over buildings on archeological sites, he still distrusts them.

• Like 1

I wanted to bring this up to the OOC chat before engaging this to find out when it would take place.

If you all remember the Kogaan Preservation Union (KPU), they are incredibly opposed to Limonaia's presence in the meeting. My proposal is that the KPU launches a terrorist attack against the museum, warning Matteo and trying to kill Pietro. Whether it kills him or not is up to interpretation. 

How does this sound?

• Like 3

I think it's an interesting idea, idk how willing I am to have Pietro be killed, but he can certainly be wounded as they try 👌

Having a proper antagonist will certainly help with adding some action to the whole ordeal.

• Like 2

I guess it can be the...start of an answer? Maybe more exposition along the way to fill space. You can do whatever idea you deem fit, but the attack is still going to happen either way. Do whatever! 😀

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.