Jump to content
Rihan

OOC: Taming the East

Recommended Posts

This is Part 1 of my two-part expansion effort. Although I am still in the planning of it. We will all find out that the Enolian Ambassador himself ordered the attack based on evidence collected both 'legitimately' and far more 'suspect' by the intelligence service. This throws the already fragile peace between the Republic and its neighbor pretty much in the trash. The Senate demands the destruction of their neighbor, once and for all. With the bombings of Dinalla as the rationale, the military is moved to the borders. Enolia does so as well. However, the impending war is going to cost a considerable fortune - the Praetor makes deals with the Nej'ahar (the wealthy ones) to pay into the cause in exchange for land rights in the tamed land. The war starts off well...and then turns into a stalemate. I am going to leave that cliffhanger so you can all learn about what happens later but if you are interested in participating, let me know here. There are certainly possibilities to get integrated.

P.S. This is only Phase 1 of Part 1 of this long expansionist effort.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I suppose Tagmatine involvement will depend on how well our meeting goes.

I cannot imagine it will be huge, especially since Tagmatine boots on Rihannsu soul would have unfortunate implications.

I think your right on the level of your involvement in this aspect. I think more of it would be on the basis of observation from afar, the occasional irritated letter over something that's not right. Plus, having Tagmatine boots in the conflict would be...problematic, and it would certainly won't be only felt on my end.

Let's see how the meeting goes right now and we'll reconnect about this then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rihan said:

I think your right on the level of your involvement in this aspect. I think more of it would be on the basis of observation from afar, the occasional irritated letter over something that's not right. Plus, having Tagmatine boots in the conflict would be...problematic, and it would certainly won't be only felt on my end.

Let's see how the meeting goes right now and we'll reconnect about this then.

Frankly, meddling in everything is a good way to get bits bitten off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Enolian ambassador has been exposed and the troops have been mobilized. Now begins the political intrigue to fund the war. Expect a new entry for "In the Shadows" by the end of the week.

While I am still focused on this for the moment, do people want me to put the conflict elements of the story in the 'Conflict' area of the forum and just link the relevant posts into 'In the Shadows' as needed, I imagine that's the case but just want to get an affirmation on that before I get too deep into writing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Rihan said:

So the Enolian ambassador has been exposed and the troops have been mobilized. Now begins the political intrigue to fund the war. Expect a new entry for "In the Shadows" by the end of the week.

While I am still focused on this for the moment, do people want me to put the conflict elements of the story in the 'Conflict' area of the forum and just link the relevant posts into 'In the Shadows' as needed, I imagine that's the case but just want to get an affirmation on that before I get too deep into writing.

Personally, I like things being neat but so long as it isn't confusing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's talk. I am sure there is some role my ever-scheming companies will do to influence events in a country where they could 'benefit' from Rihan's resources in exchange for 'support.'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kipan: I just messaged you back about some possibilities for involvement. Cannot wait to see if you think it's a possible idea.

For everyone else, I decided to raise the heat and start the war. And now it gets fun. Let the Taming of the East begin.

Also, this occurs after the Tagmatine Foreign Minister is in Rihan (who is actually in the country right around the time of the Dinalla bombings).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rihan said:

Also, this occurs after the Tagmatine Foreign Minister is in Rihan (who is actually in the country right around the time of the Dinalla bombings).

I suppose I can do some sort of retroactive condolences?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I suppose I can do some sort of retroactive condolences?

The Praetor will be notified of the bombings the morning after the current proceedings. The Tagmatine Foreign Minister would be present when told.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rihan said:

The Praetor will be notified of the bombings the morning after the current proceedings. The Tagmatine Foreign Minister would be present when told.

Okey dokey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on ending the Enolian War in the next 2 posts which would lead to the surrender of the Enolian Guard and the capture of Canamar. With that, I'll be entering another, abet shorter interlude between this act and the proceeding Act 3. I want some idea as to what people want to see out of the interlude segment.

Act 3 is supposed to be an intense and short civil war between Kassus, who is given the full-on loyalty of his Legion and the promised freed Zelvorsu irregulars and another group. Right now, I am considering two 'battles' -- one in which Terix attempts to stop him and fails like the Milvan Bridge, and he's forced to step down by Darok who becomes the temporary Praetor. He then tries his own hand at stopping him with an even greater force, and he will lose as well, like the Battle of Cannae. Darok and Chavarnek would flee back to the capital, their forces joining up with Kassus in order to save their own honor. The civil war would then end with an honorable duel in the Senate itself.

Darok's eventual death would then mark the Praetorship being vacant once more. Kassus would be appointed to the position. This is where I also need some additional feedback: what to do with Terix? I know Tagmatium and I had a secret meeting that would slowly rekindle relations and killing him would not be useful in moving that partnership forward. My thought process now is that Terix is spared and is permitted to represent the Republic in the Empire (with certain conditions) and in exchange, not only would Kassus take power but he'd have to fulfill some of the unfinished work of Terix's (some of which he would have done anyway).

Let me know what you think.

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rihan said:

I plan on ending the Enolian War in the next 2 posts which would lead to the surrender of the Enolian Guard and the capture of Canamar. With that, I'll be entering another, abet shorter interlude between this act and the proceeding Act 3. I want some idea as to what people want to see out of the interlude segment.

Act 3 is supposed to be an intense and short civil war between Kassus, who is given the full-on loyalty of his Legion and the promised freed Zelvorsu irregulars and another group. Right now, I am considering two 'battles' -- one in which Terix attempts to stop him and fails like the Milvan Bridge, and he's forced to step down by Darok who becomes the temporary Praetor. He then tries his own hand at stopping him with an even greater force, and he will lose as well, like the Battle of Cannae. Darok and Chavarnek would flee back to the capital, their forces joining up with Kassus in order to save their own honor. The civil war would then end with an honorable duel in the Senate itself.

Darok's eventual death would then mark the Praetorship being vacant once more. Kassus would be appointed to the position. This is where I also need some additional feedback: what to do with Terix? I know Tagmatium and I had a secret meeting that would slowly rekindle relations and killing him would not be useful in moving that partnership forward. My thought process now is that Terix is spared and is permitted to represent the Republic in the Empire (with certain conditions) and in exchange, not only would Kassus take power but he'd have to fulfill some of the unfinished work of Terix's (some of which he would have done anyway).

Let me know what you think.

I suppose it depends on how Kassus would react to the attempts by Terix to improve relations.

Tagmatium would stomach any changes in the Praetorship, even Terix's death, if relations would continue to improve. It wouldn't be happy with the death of Terix, as he seemed to be someone on Tagmatium's wavelength, but there's little that the Imperial Government could actually do about that.

Similarly, how would Tagmatium be viewed by Rihan if it acted as a safe haven for Terix? Admittedly, he's not fleeing there, and this would be done at the Republic's behest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I suppose it depends on how Kassus would react to the attempts by Terix to improve relations.

Tagmatium would stomach any changes in the Praetorship, even Terix's death, if relations would continue to improve. It wouldn't be happy with the death of Terix, as he seemed to be someone on Tagmatium's wavelength, but there's little that the Imperial Government could actually do about that.

Similarly, how would Tagmatium be viewed by Rihan if it acted as a safe haven for Terix? Admittedly, he's not fleeing there, and this would be done at the Republic's behest.

Kassus would let Terix proceed with improving Tagmatine-Rihannsu relations as there is a political angle for Morror to continue allowing it -- namely, showing that he is not an isolationist, like some in the Senate. I just do not see killing him as worth it, and it just wouldn't work with the trajectory of what I spelled out previously as I thought about this more this evening.

Since he will have the full support of the military and much of the lower class due to his strong-handedness to correct some of the internal issues with the Republic, the Senators will have little choice but allow progress. They too want to still have power and they will have to accept him or be found without authority or wealth.

Over Discord, I had outlined that he would reform the Continuing Committee to make it a body of consensus amongst the parties so there is no 'destabilization,' he would free the Zelvorians and make them protected residents of the nation -- they'd have considerably more rights (except for voting...but I do plan on letting that happen down the road...)

The far-right may not like improving relations with Tagmatium, they barely makeup 5% of the entire Senate and thus, can be ignored, though it would come at the cost of potential backstabbing by some in the intelligence services. 

Kassus would find enough rationale for saying relations with the Tagmatines is critical to long-term partnerships that would stand to benefit both the aristocracy and the commoners.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I know a minimal amount of what goes on in Aurelia (I'm not sure why I dont pay better attention to neighbors like I do everywhere else) if people were to flee for fear of their own life regardless of their politics we would welcome them. I'll post further thoughts probably after Memorial Day. Depends on when I can find time to read up on all that's happened.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...