Jump to content
Rihan

OOC: Taming the East

Recommended Posts

This is Part 1 of my two-part expansion effort. Although I am still in the planning of it. We will all find out that the Enolian Ambassador himself ordered the attack based on evidence collected both 'legitimately' and far more 'suspect' by the intelligence service. This throws the already fragile peace between the Republic and its neighbor pretty much in the trash. The Senate demands the destruction of their neighbor, once and for all. With the bombings of Dinalla as the rationale, the military is moved to the borders. Enolia does so as well. However, the impending war is going to cost a considerable fortune - the Praetor makes deals with the Nej'ahar (the wealthy ones) to pay into the cause in exchange for land rights in the tamed land. The war starts off well...and then turns into a stalemate. I am going to leave that cliffhanger so you can all learn about what happens later but if you are interested in participating, let me know here. There are certainly possibilities to get integrated.

P.S. This is only Phase 1 of Part 1 of this long expansionist effort.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I suppose Tagmatine involvement will depend on how well our meeting goes.

I cannot imagine it will be huge, especially since Tagmatine boots on Rihannsu soul would have unfortunate implications.

I think your right on the level of your involvement in this aspect. I think more of it would be on the basis of observation from afar, the occasional irritated letter over something that's not right. Plus, having Tagmatine boots in the conflict would be...problematic, and it would certainly won't be only felt on my end.

Let's see how the meeting goes right now and we'll reconnect about this then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rihan said:

I think your right on the level of your involvement in this aspect. I think more of it would be on the basis of observation from afar, the occasional irritated letter over something that's not right. Plus, having Tagmatine boots in the conflict would be...problematic, and it would certainly won't be only felt on my end.

Let's see how the meeting goes right now and we'll reconnect about this then.

Frankly, meddling in everything is a good way to get bits bitten off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Enolian ambassador has been exposed and the troops have been mobilized. Now begins the political intrigue to fund the war. Expect a new entry for "In the Shadows" by the end of the week.

While I am still focused on this for the moment, do people want me to put the conflict elements of the story in the 'Conflict' area of the forum and just link the relevant posts into 'In the Shadows' as needed, I imagine that's the case but just want to get an affirmation on that before I get too deep into writing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Rihan said:

So the Enolian ambassador has been exposed and the troops have been mobilized. Now begins the political intrigue to fund the war. Expect a new entry for "In the Shadows" by the end of the week.

While I am still focused on this for the moment, do people want me to put the conflict elements of the story in the 'Conflict' area of the forum and just link the relevant posts into 'In the Shadows' as needed, I imagine that's the case but just want to get an affirmation on that before I get too deep into writing.

Personally, I like things being neat but so long as it isn't confusing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's talk. I am sure there is some role my ever-scheming companies will do to influence events in a country where they could 'benefit' from Rihan's resources in exchange for 'support.'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kipan: I just messaged you back about some possibilities for involvement. Cannot wait to see if you think it's a possible idea.

For everyone else, I decided to raise the heat and start the war. And now it gets fun. Let the Taming of the East begin.

Also, this occurs after the Tagmatine Foreign Minister is in Rihan (who is actually in the country right around the time of the Dinalla bombings).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rihan said:

Also, this occurs after the Tagmatine Foreign Minister is in Rihan (who is actually in the country right around the time of the Dinalla bombings).

I suppose I can do some sort of retroactive condolences?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I suppose I can do some sort of retroactive condolences?

The Praetor will be notified of the bombings the morning after the current proceedings. The Tagmatine Foreign Minister would be present when told.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rihan said:

The Praetor will be notified of the bombings the morning after the current proceedings. The Tagmatine Foreign Minister would be present when told.

Okey dokey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on ending the Enolian War in the next 2 posts which would lead to the surrender of the Enolian Guard and the capture of Canamar. With that, I'll be entering another, abet shorter interlude between this act and the proceeding Act 3. I want some idea as to what people want to see out of the interlude segment.

Act 3 is supposed to be an intense and short civil war between Kassus, who is given the full-on loyalty of his Legion and the promised freed Zelvorsu irregulars and another group. Right now, I am considering two 'battles' -- one in which Terix attempts to stop him and fails like the Milvan Bridge, and he's forced to step down by Darok who becomes the temporary Praetor. He then tries his own hand at stopping him with an even greater force, and he will lose as well, like the Battle of Cannae. Darok and Chavarnek would flee back to the capital, their forces joining up with Kassus in order to save their own honor. The civil war would then end with an honorable duel in the Senate itself.

Darok's eventual death would then mark the Praetorship being vacant once more. Kassus would be appointed to the position. This is where I also need some additional feedback: what to do with Terix? I know Tagmatium and I had a secret meeting that would slowly rekindle relations and killing him would not be useful in moving that partnership forward. My thought process now is that Terix is spared and is permitted to represent the Republic in the Empire (with certain conditions) and in exchange, not only would Kassus take power but he'd have to fulfill some of the unfinished work of Terix's (some of which he would have done anyway).

Let me know what you think.

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rihan said:

I plan on ending the Enolian War in the next 2 posts which would lead to the surrender of the Enolian Guard and the capture of Canamar. With that, I'll be entering another, abet shorter interlude between this act and the proceeding Act 3. I want some idea as to what people want to see out of the interlude segment.

Act 3 is supposed to be an intense and short civil war between Kassus, who is given the full-on loyalty of his Legion and the promised freed Zelvorsu irregulars and another group. Right now, I am considering two 'battles' -- one in which Terix attempts to stop him and fails like the Milvan Bridge, and he's forced to step down by Darok who becomes the temporary Praetor. He then tries his own hand at stopping him with an even greater force, and he will lose as well, like the Battle of Cannae. Darok and Chavarnek would flee back to the capital, their forces joining up with Kassus in order to save their own honor. The civil war would then end with an honorable duel in the Senate itself.

Darok's eventual death would then mark the Praetorship being vacant once more. Kassus would be appointed to the position. This is where I also need some additional feedback: what to do with Terix? I know Tagmatium and I had a secret meeting that would slowly rekindle relations and killing him would not be useful in moving that partnership forward. My thought process now is that Terix is spared and is permitted to represent the Republic in the Empire (with certain conditions) and in exchange, not only would Kassus take power but he'd have to fulfill some of the unfinished work of Terix's (some of which he would have done anyway).

Let me know what you think.

I suppose it depends on how Kassus would react to the attempts by Terix to improve relations.

Tagmatium would stomach any changes in the Praetorship, even Terix's death, if relations would continue to improve. It wouldn't be happy with the death of Terix, as he seemed to be someone on Tagmatium's wavelength, but there's little that the Imperial Government could actually do about that.

Similarly, how would Tagmatium be viewed by Rihan if it acted as a safe haven for Terix? Admittedly, he's not fleeing there, and this would be done at the Republic's behest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I suppose it depends on how Kassus would react to the attempts by Terix to improve relations.

Tagmatium would stomach any changes in the Praetorship, even Terix's death, if relations would continue to improve. It wouldn't be happy with the death of Terix, as he seemed to be someone on Tagmatium's wavelength, but there's little that the Imperial Government could actually do about that.

Similarly, how would Tagmatium be viewed by Rihan if it acted as a safe haven for Terix? Admittedly, he's not fleeing there, and this would be done at the Republic's behest.

Kassus would let Terix proceed with improving Tagmatine-Rihannsu relations as there is a political angle for Morror to continue allowing it -- namely, showing that he is not an isolationist, like some in the Senate. I just do not see killing him as worth it, and it just wouldn't work with the trajectory of what I spelled out previously as I thought about this more this evening.

Since he will have the full support of the military and much of the lower class due to his strong-handedness to correct some of the internal issues with the Republic, the Senators will have little choice but allow progress. They too want to still have power and they will have to accept him or be found without authority or wealth.

Over Discord, I had outlined that he would reform the Continuing Committee to make it a body of consensus amongst the parties so there is no 'destabilization,' he would free the Zelvorians and make them protected residents of the nation -- they'd have considerably more rights (except for voting...but I do plan on letting that happen down the road...)

The far-right may not like improving relations with Tagmatium, they barely makeup 5% of the entire Senate and thus, can be ignored, though it would come at the cost of potential backstabbing by some in the intelligence services. 

Kassus would find enough rationale for saying relations with the Tagmatines is critical to long-term partnerships that would stand to benefit both the aristocracy and the commoners.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I know a minimal amount of what goes on in Aurelia (I'm not sure why I dont pay better attention to neighbors like I do everywhere else) if people were to flee for fear of their own life regardless of their politics we would welcome them. I'll post further thoughts probably after Memorial Day. Depends on when I can find time to read up on all that's happened.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it has been awhile since the last post occurred in this ooc thread. Enolia has been annexed (more or less). There are some boundary resolutions I need to have with Shffahkia about the definive border. Regardless, Kassus will soon become Praetor and thus begins another chapter. Stay tuned... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean by "definitive border"?

Neither of your or @Shffahkia's reserved expansion areas touch each other, so there ought not to be any issues with the border, IC or OOC.

Considering it's still an open area, a new nation could get placed there, albeit it's unlikely. I'd be wary of treating it as effectively part of your nations when it isn't.

I apologise if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

What do you mean by "definitive border"?

Neither of your or @Shffahkia's reserved expansion areas touch each other, so there ought not to be any issues with the border, IC or OOC.

Considering it's still an open area, a new nation could get placed there, albeit it's unlikely. I'd be wary of treating it as effectively part of your nations when it isn't.

I apologise if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

This is a true fact. I think what I was trying to say is that to ensure there is still space for other nations between us that he and I would define what this border is (I am being a humble big-bad nation and going all the way to where he and I would hit each other). Another way to look at this is a conversation to ensure such 'neutral' space isn't touched by me lol.

After all, I have northwards to go, over the next year or so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

What do you mean by "definitive border"?

Neither of your or @Shffahkia's reserved expansion areas touch each other, so there ought not to be any issues with the border, IC or OOC.

 Considering it's still an open area, a new nation could get placed there, albeit it's unlikely. I'd be wary of treating it as effectively part of your nations when it isn't.

 I apologise if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

I think it's a case of poor word choice. The area which is called the Central Aurelian Passage (Yes, I will accept the medal for best place name but not now)  is planned to be a source of tension between me and @Rihan passed onto us from the former Paranne and Enolia to be resolved way down the line.

The CAP isn't a part of either of our land and thus if a new nation would want the area, great. I'll gladly retcon as necessary. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shffahkia said:

I think it's a case of poor word choice. The area which is called the Central Aurelian Passage (Yes, I will accept the medal for best place name but not now)  is planned to be a source of tension between me and @Rihan passed onto us from the former Paranne and Enolia to be resolved way down the line.

The CAP isn't a part of either of our land and thus if a new nation would want the area, great. I'll gladly retcon as necessary. 

 

4 hours ago, Rihan said:

This is a true fact. I think what I was trying to say is that to ensure there is still space for other nations between us that he and I would define what this border is (I am being a humble big-bad nation and going all the way to where he and I would hit each other). Another way to look at this is a conversation to ensure such 'neutral' space isn't touched by me lol.

After all, I have northwards to go, over the next year or so.

Thank you for both of your quick replies :)

I think that that sounds fine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to help provide some ideas for Kassus' initial speech, ping me on Discord and I can show you what I have so far. Props to @Seylos for his witty spin responses thus far. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Selayar
      OOC Thread | IIWiki page
      Prologue
      “Titā matunuturī ma wurukiusi! Saru anuravana iʻarī, wuka mavīaʻa vana!”
      People are shouting at the top of their lungs, as chaos ensued after a decision was read out loud by the leader of Reformist faction, Wanutāvariʻi. The sentences were roughly translated to ‘We don’t bow down to the bourgeoisie! We must crush them, not making amends with them!’
      Wanutāvariʻi smiled at the reaction. It was going as expected. He was just reading the motion of the Revolutionary Council, declaring that the war with the Purist faction will be resumed, after almost one year of an uneasy period of peace. The people couldn’t wait any longer, and so did he and everyone else in the Council. But he and the Council knew it was a necessary action. The faction would've collapsed if weren't for the Armistice. But not a lot of people knew about this. They hid a lot of things from the mass. For their good.
      The Reformist faction wasn’t initially formed as a unified front from the beginning. It grew out of a communication channel between many various parties that fought against Queen Varamatamaranga, each with their aims and goals. Increased fighting as the war drew out necessitated a unified command, and thus the Reformist faction is officially formed, under the name ʻUrungama mi Taturatanga (Group of Reformer). The various factions that comprised the Reformist were still independent, safe for the coordination for the war effort. These arrangements satisfied everyone, but Wanutāvariʻi knew how hard it was to maintain the integrity of the decentralized faction, especially with some parties trying to gain leverage at the expense of the others. This factor, coupled together with the lack of training among the troops, greatly compromised the Reformist war-effort, resulting in a set-back that prompted the Armistice with the Purist. The last battle on Terata, the old capital of Reyan Empire, destroyed most of their equipment. But it also wiped-out one-fourth of the Purist forces. Both parties had no choice.
      Looking at the crowd below, and the chaos that reigned, he knew that he couldn't trust any of them to do anything right. Not for the second time. No, for the entirety of this renewed war, he would only trust he and a few associates of him. This time, the war would go according to his words. And the Reformist will prevail over its enemy, the Purist.
      Namānurarī Tamunaranga! Death to the Purist! Death to Capitalist!
    • By Haruspex
      Prologue
      Within the bowels of the Defense Ministry's command and control headquarters located within the ward of Kunya, of which is located in the city-state Chel de'Yorn near the northern border of Beautancus territories. Ttoile, the capital of the former Cussian territory known as Beautancus, lay just a few hundred kilometers away. Ttoile had been observed as being the last remnant of the old Cussian government, the last semblance of an actual city with infrastructure held over from the old days. 
      The images of the city, and the surrounding landscape had been the subject of reconnaissance planes and photographing for a few weeks now. The Imperial Aerowings had done their duty, and in the haze of the smoke filled room from cigarettes and the like, something that individuals who were under great stress had been puffing away upon, held their eyes to the display monitors. Sheefs of intelligence, dossiers on the terrain and the pacification estimates, losses that might occur, what was acceptable, etc. With due diligence by the number crunchers, the expansion effort was being formulated even as the newly crowned Emperor gave a speech to the masses.
      Fleet Lord Yagar Ni'Vek was seated at the head of the table, appointed by the now emperor to serve as his left, while Kaorin became the right. He stubbed out his third or fourth cigarette into the waiting ashtray, cleared his throat and spoke. The preliminary reports have been made. As of now, myself and Vice Lord Kaorin, have been given authorization by the newly crowned Emperor, to proceed with our plans of expansion. He turned towards another senior officer,  General Ti'Ran Elghinn, head of House Buki Elghinn. As doing so, a junior officer approached with a briefcase. It was chained to his right wrist and he set it down, opening after a combination was entered. Within it, a keycard rested and a type of machine to read it. Ti'Ran reached over, broke the keycard case and inserted the card. It required now the keycard of the senior most officer, of which was that of Ni'Vek. He gave his card to the handcuff bearing officer and it was slid within the machine, with both codes matching, thus the icon screens going green in hue.
      General Ti'Ran, began Ni'Vek. You are hereby authorized to begin mobilization of the following forces, for deployment and securing of the northern territories of the former Cussian lands. You will command, with your choice of officers, the army group Hades. The force that is authorized under your command is the entirity of the Hades Northern Border Force;
      o 1st Legionnaires 'Renor Xukuth' Motor Rifle Regiment, Hades
      o 15th Legionnaires 'Renor Xukuth' Motor Rifle Regiment, Hades
      o 283rd Legionnaires 'Mzil Velven' Motor Rifle Regiment, Hades
      o 1st Legion 'Olath Orn' Tank Regiment, Hades
      o 147th Legion 'Bel'la Kyorl' Artillery Regiment, Kovo(Border of Beautancus)
      o 1117th Air Defence Regiment, Kovo
      o 136th Independent Intelligence Battalion, Kovo
      o 1174th Independent Anti-Tank Battalion, Kovo
      o 211st Independent Engineer Battalion, Kovo
      o 614th Independent Chemical Battalion
      o 47th Independent Signal Battalion, Kovo
      o 190th Independent Maintenance Battalion, Hades
      o 1063rd Independent Supply Battalion, Hades
      o 370th Independent Medical Battalion, Hades
      * 51st Parachute Landing Regiment, Tula(2.5km east of Hades)
      *89th Light Armor Regiment, Tula
      * 137th Parachute Landing Regiment, Tula
      * 1182nd Artillery Regiment, Efremov(Secondary border deployment, 3.5km north of Hades)
      * 107th Independent Air Defence Regiment, Efremov
      * 322nd Independent Engineer Battalion, Efremov
      * 731st Independent Communications Battalion, Tula
      * 43rd Independent Repair Battalion, Tula
      * 110th Independent Transport Squadron, Tula
      Ni'Vek continued. You will begin immediate deployment of orders. You are tasked with mobilization and transport of your forces into the assigned battle and securement area. These orders are confirmed by the Defense Ministry and by the will of the Emperor.
      Ti'Ran leaned back in his seat a bit, and seemed to contemplate a good deal in his head before he spoke. As the Emperor wills, so shall I serve. I do however have some questions. One, my support I will assume is the Home Guard forces of the imperial legionary, of which I can only assume that Kaorin will deploy after my initial forces do so. Is this to prevent any other nation from perhaps attempting to cross into the Cussian territories while we are doing so? Also what of the Tagmatine? Will they stand idly by? They've been rather testy lately with the navy. 
      A chuckle resounded about the table as the thought of their southern neighbor having a bit of a fit. Ni'Vek gestured and the group fell silent. They seem to be playing the long game with us, and they cannot effectively do anything other then issue a stern word perhaps. The Home Guard will indeed shore up your efforts, maintaining vigilance alongst the Cussian western border while your forces occupy Ttoile. Meanwhile the Imperial Navy and the Imperial Aerowings will also be deploying, with the navy landing units and forces alongst the eastern sea holdings of the Cussian wildlands. The aerowings I am told shall continue photography runs and if need be, supply and suppression missions.
      Ti'Ran nodded to all of this, before promptly sliding to a stand and giving Ni'Vek a salute. Very well Sir. Army Group Hades will begin immediate mobilization. I estimate based on force locations, the projections, estimated in my head sir, it shouldnt take more then two weeks to prepare for a border crossing and begin occupation of the capital within another two weeks time.
      Ni'Vek returned the salute. May you earn the glory of the battlefield General...
    • By Limonaia
      So, about a year since I joined, and now that things are somewhat sorted out, and I feel able to write again, I'd like to do my first expansion for Limonaia. In my history Limonaia both overseas, but also on the home front were much larger than the current Duchy. Most of these states that seceded would have done so following the civil war in 1902 and thus have been independent since then. The basis for my RP will likely take form as economic trouble in one (possibly two) of these states. This will be possible because of the long time that's passed and the slow decrease of the Limonaian monarch's power (even if it isn't the smoothest right now). I'll go more into depth later, but here's the plan:


      Blue: This island of Nicolia, which, even under the Limonaian Kingdom was semi-independent retains a bunch of old traditions and a somewhat unique political system. Blue is the primary target of the expansion.
      Red: A bonus if it works, mostly to clean up future borders in later expansions on the mainland. An isolated mountain duchy, which I'll develop a bit more in the future.
×
×
  • Create New...