Oyus

The Oyusard Ministry of Foreign Relations

FGnG1FE.png

Minister Lili Epol

Established under the current constitution, the the Ministry of Foreign Relations is charged with maintaining open channels of diplomacy with states of Eurth, working closely with the Kera and the National Congress. The Ministry has also taken the role of gatekeeper in terms of migration, tasked with issuing passports to citizens and processing visa applications of non-residents, especially asylum and refugee applications. The Ministry, it's embassies, and it's consulates regularly update Oyusards on news relevant to their stay abroad, along with communicating policy change to all.

Diplomatic Missions To Oyus

• Gallambria -
  • Shffahkia - Cécilia Leloup
  • Faramount -
  • Kirvina -
  • Salvia -

Current Ambassadors
Note to self: Salvia, Seylos, and Tagmatium are only ambassadors that are male.

• To Gallambria, Kayleigh Hani
  • To Kirvina, Yanti Kini
  • To Shffahkia, Vera Zega
  • To Sunset Sea Islands, Tai Lubis
  • To Seylos, Winston Susman
  • To Faramount, Meri Hai
  • To Mauridiviah, Masa Lambosa
  • To Fulgistan, Cahya Lio
  • To Variota, Pua Leko
  • To Morheim, Fiva Luli
  • To Tikva, Susilo Hai
  • To Andalla, Cera Lama
  • To Limonaia, Masa Jia
  • To Salvia, Levi Yer
  • To Adaptus, Pua Alika
  • To Tagmatium, Ruslim Fai
  • To Orioni, Apika Hau
  • To Asgeirra, Lea Kini
  • To Prymont, Alta Seln
  • To Group of Island Nations & Aurelian League, Laka Ovia
Edited by Oyus
  • Like 3

FGnG1FE.png

From the Office of the Foreign Minister

Minister Tevus Pranana,

The weather here in Oyus is wonderful at the moment, and I hope that perhaps in the near future you can see for yourself. Your invitation is one well received here in Yulaa, I would be delighted to meet you in Dartha. I, too, hope that something positive will come out of this meeting. While indeed many differences can be found between the Matriarchy and the Republic, there are surely plenty of matters where our interests align.  Plenty of matters in which our peoples can work together on.

- Foreign Minister Lili Epol

Edited by Oyus
No longer valid, archived for reference
  • Like 4

FF2GAwK.jpg

To: the Ministry of Foreign Relations of the Oyus Matriarchy

From: the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of the Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomanion

Minister Lili Epol,

On the face of it, some may consider the Oyus Matriarchy and the Megas Agios Basileia to be very different nations. This might well be the case, but this does not mean that these differences need to keep our two honoured nations apart – what marks us apart could very well be what draws Oyus and Arhomaneia together. The similarities that our nations have can also be the start of a relationship, as we both have a deep respect for the rule of law and what might be considered technocracy. Unlike many other nations, who seem to view the heads of ministries as little more than well-titled spin doctors, the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion makes sure that those who hold the title of Megas Logoethetes are experts within their field. I have been informed that this is the same ethos that drives your government, too, which is something that my nation has a deep respect for.

My nation has a deep respect for the past, as can be imagined for a country that has long been considered the heart of culture and civilisation on Eurth, and I find it gladdening that your nation holds its past in such a high regard. Many in these turbulent times seem to be free, far too free, in throwing off the past and trampling time-honoured traditions under the wheels of progress, or so they think. But that is not to say that our nations are not evolving. No, lessons are learned and valued, so that our nations might become ever greater.

As such, I suggest that our nations exchange embassies, so that the Matriarchy and Arhomaneia can build upon these shared values. In time, I do not doubt that these beliefs that we both hold so dear will become more than just ideas that we hold in common. Closer contact between our honoured nations will undoubtedly blossom into a friendship that both of us will find equally valuable and long-lasting.

Go in Christ,

Eugenios Goulielmos,

Megas Logothetes

of the

Logothesion of Foreign Affairs

of the

Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomanion

• Like 3

FGnG1FE.png

To: the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of the Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomanion
From: the Ministry of Foreign Relations of the Oyus Matriarchy 

Megas Logothetes,

The Megas Agios Basileia and the Oyus Matriarchy are indeed very different nations in ideas, culture, and geography. Oyus is a small archipelago that has been mostly untouched with little recognition until recent history. Megas Agios Basileia is a vast empire that has long been known by peoples from all over Eurth, that has inspired many surely throughout its rich history. I agree that we are without a doubt quite different countries. Despite the clear and numerous differences, I am delighted that we can see ourselves establishing closer relations, delighted that our two states share values that are very important.  The Oyusard view has always been that those who know are better able to advise and steer us in the correct direction - all of our ministers or prospective ministers are experts in their field. In our little time of knowing Eurth better, there are few where we can find that they operate similarly. It is a true pleasure to speak to those who understand this belief we have long held.

In speaking with the Kera earlier today, we could not agree more with what you say. Far too many are too free, too quick to leave behind tradition. "Have faith in tradition, allow room for the future." is a long uttered saying we have here. I personally like it not for its advocating in the future, but its seeming value for the past, too. I know a few that personally do not interpret the phrase this way, but I disagree. There are lessons to be learned that will guide us, without a doubt. Yes, we are evolving, and those lessons of the past do guide us, too.

The Oyusard government welcomes the exchange of embassies between our two nations. We would take great pleasure playing as your host, if visiting our archipelago is of interest to you or your government. If I may comment on our weather, it is quite warm presently, quite favorable. Closer contact is very much welcomed, we hope for the best in this new diplomatic endeavor.

Warmest Regards,

Lili Epol
Foreign Minister of Oyus

Edited by Oyus
  • Like 3

FGnG1FE.png

To: the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Tikva
From: the Ministry of Foreign Relations of the Oyus Matriarchy 

Minister Dagon Halevi,

The Oyusard people will always welcome a diplomatic mission exchange not only to open diplomatic channels between states, but to possibly strengthen relations too. Indeed, past traditions are not ones to be forgotten, nor is the past itself as it tells a tale and can teach lessons. Few realize that despite so much time and so many records of mistakes made, we continue making these mistakes. I am positive that good things can come from establishing ties and friendship. Speaking with the Kera, she seemed to agree that there are only benefits to maintaining friendly relations, if not friendship. It would mean a great deal if our great thinkers, innovators, and others alike can together achieve progress. I am confident there will be great enthusiasm from our relations in academia and realms alike. I look forward to meeting with your representative, and hope to be able to inform you of our appointment soon.

Warm regards,

Lili Epol
Foreign Minister of Oyus

Edited by Oyus
  • Like 4

FGnG1FE.png

The Ministry of Foreign Relations of the Oyus Matriarchy

From the Minister's Desk in Concurrence with Merseca Square

For days we have been reviewing our stance on the current regime and situation in Aluxia and have come to a conclusion that there simply can not be any change in diplomatic policy with Aluxia. With little information on the Free Aluxian Army and overall climate of Aluxia, no serious changes can be made in favor of either side. As stated from the beginning, the Ministry of Foreign Relations has and will continue to prioritize refugee adn asylum applications from Aluxians who apply. The Oyus Matriarchy is prepared to offer humanitarian aid that will hopefully be distributed by independent, non-government organizations. It is understood that while Argis is not a continent that Oyus often interacts with, it ultimately must do what it feels is the least it can do for the betterment of people in some of the worst conditions imaginable.

Signed,

Minister Lili Epol of Foreign Relations

Relevant Parties: @Aluxia

Edited by Oyus
  • Like 3

Important Advisory: The following message from the Ministry of Foreign Relations of Oyus joined with the Office of the Kera is a confidential, encrypted message. The contents of this message is solely for the recipient and their superior. For your protection, it is important to destroy trace of this communication after being read. The information contained could potentially be damaging if in the wrong hands.

To: Egron Harkov, Free Aluxian Army

Publicly, the Matriarchy of Oyus will remain neutral to this conflict - wishing the best outcome for the future of Aluxia. Privately, our opinion is able to change. It is important to note that we ourselves, while a very free country affording many rights to its people, and very well tended to, are not necessarily democratic-if at all. Often, it is unlike us to take preference of a democracy unless circumstances present themselves. No less, we do not necessarily look dimly towards the FAA. From our review, it was clear from what little we were able to gather that Aluxia's Imperial government neglects many of its peoples, something that simply can not be stood for. Some may suggest it is worthy of calling them out on it, and it is clear that you are.

It would be wrong to assume we support the Imperial government - any support that the regime may receive may be merely to facilitate the safety of Aluxians and possible Oyusards abroad, ideally in ways that do not affect the outcome or result of this revolutionary sort of war your faction fights in. We are willing to offer help in secret, but it will not necessarily be substantial. We take no issue in approving Aluxian asylum requests, already we can confirm that hundreds have already been cleared with many more that will be considered. In the possibility that we are not able to accomodate all those who apply, we will attempt to  hopefully direct them to a willing state. Although there is not likely much more we can offer, if you wish to request aid you may do so perhaps in a more safer manner through our recently appointed ambassador to Aluxia, set to arrive as soon as it is possible. Winston Susman has been handpicked for the current situation in Aluxia with experience in a war like this one.

I believe we can agree that a democratic Aluxia is one we can be friendly with if even an ounce of what you have told us is true. Our warm and best wishes to the Free Aluxian Army.

Signed,

Eka Lam
Kera of the Oyus Matriarchy

Lili Epol
Foreign Minister of the Oyus Matriarchy

@Aluxia

Edited by Oyus
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

H5aKQin.png

To: Minister Lili Epol of the Ministry of Foreign Relations of the Matriarchy of @Oyus

Greetings, Minister.

Ever since the era of violence has ended in the now and for ever peaceful Sunset Sea Islands, the people and the government of the Radiant Republic of the Sunset Sea Islands have appreciated few things as much as international friendship and cooperation. I was delighted at the news that a nation, which shares many similarities with our own, has opened itself to the rest of the world. Both on a political and on a purely philantropic level I see a great potential for peaceful and fruitful cooperation, coexistence, and, may I say, friendship between our nations.

Hoping, that those wishes are shared by our siblings-in-mind in the Matriarchy of Oyus, substituting for the Radiant Republic of the Sunset Sea Islands and its people as a whole, I, Prime Minister Theresa Tumbleweed, propose the establishment of diplomatic ties and embassies between our nations.

Together, we can make the world a better place for all of us.

With utmost respect,

de1zqTR.png
4w86Kuv.png

• Like 2

FGnG1FE.png

To: Prime Minister Theresa Tumbleweed of the Radiant Republic of the @Sunset Sea Islands

Prime Minister Tumbleweed,

We are embarrassed that we had not formally messaged your government sooner, as we had intended to with our new push to be active members of the greater global community. Here on the islands of Oyus, we consider ourselves a never ending experiment that will always require improvement. We seek improvement even if the status quo is not necessarily a bad one. Economically, and diplomatically we can always improve. Peoples across the world deserve better. Peoples across the world deserve to know that what they have now is not all that they should be left with.

We have realized if we wish to see certain goals achieved, certain missions to be carried out effectively, we must communicate further with those who are like minded or share similar goals. The Radiant Republic is a country we have considered as one of those potential partners to further certain goals. We hope that we can start a friendship and not merely hold friendly relations with this embassy exchange and hope you can sample the hospitality of the islands sometime. We would be more than willing to play hosts to your leadership. It is my hope that we can personally meet face to face soon.

Warmest regards,

Lili Epol
Foreign Minister of Oyus

Edited by Oyus
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

H5aKQin.png

To: Kera Eka Lam
Copy: Minister Lili Epol of the Ministry of Foreign Relations of the Matriarchy of @Oyus, Ambassador Tai Lubis

Greetings, Kera Eka Lam.

With great pleasure have we, the Radiant Republic of the Sunset Sea Islands, observed the reappearance of the Oyusard Matriarchy on the world stage. Because of the geographical position of Oyus and its political structure, it has become evident to both me and my staff that cooperation between our nation is not only inevitable, but also a highly preferrable alternative to diplomatic radio silence. Upon futher review, Oyus' relative proximity to the Manamana Canal qualifies it for a potential membership for the Manamana League. Furthermore, with the Group of Island Nations slowly becoming more and more relevant again, it seems that both of our nations will soon come in contact with one another much more often.

As a nation of peaceful diplomats, striving towards a harmonious world, we, the Radiant Republic of the Sunset Sea Islands, want to lay an optimal groundwork for our future cooperation. Good relations between our two nations will not only benefit our economies, but also the lives of our people.

Therefore, to reinvigorate the ties between our nations, I, Prime Minister Theresa Tumbleweed, invite You, Kera Eka Lam, as well as the Minister of Foreign Relations Lili Epol and the Ambassador to the Sunset Sea Islands, Tai Lubis, to a small meeting discussing the future relations of our nations. I shall be accompanied by the Sunset Sea Islandian ambassador to the Oyusard Matriarchy, Nguyệt Hoàng.

I hope to meet You on December 21st, 2018, in the Yuyake 101. Naturally, we will provide adequate transportation and accomodation for You, the minister, the ambassador and all of Your aides.

I, and all of my nation, hope, that You will take us up on our offer. Should You do so, please inform us about how many aides will be accompanying You.

May we prosper.

With utmost respect,

de1zqTR.png
4w86Kuv.png

• Like 3

FGnG1FE.png

To: Prime Minister Theresa Tumbleweed of the Radiant Republic of the @Sunset Sea Islands

Copy: Minister Lili Epol of the Ministry of Foreign Relations of the @Oyus Matriarchy, Ambassador to Sunset Sea Islands Tai Lubis

Prime Minister Tumbleweed,

The National Congress, and myself, were delighted to recieve your invitation and glad that the Sunset Sea Islands feel favorable to diplomatic cooperation between our two nations. Needless to say, it brings us great joy to see that not only are we recognized by a prestigious country as yours, but to be considered a potential member of the Manamana League. Indeed, since knowledge of the project's forward movement, we have become increasingly hopeful for it's success as it can only bring good things for the Oyusard people domestically, and aid many others beyond. I would concur that if the resurgence of the Group of Island Nations happens, it would be quite awkward to be silent with each other. There are just too few reasons why we simply would not work together.

We accept this invitation to Yuyake 101, I do so with great pleasure. The Ministry of Foreign Relations will communicate soon specifics and details to ensure that this meeting is successful before making our way to the Sunset Sea Islands. It is seen here, too, paramoun that reconnecting with members of the world stage, and building the foundations of a meaningful relationship between like-minded nations.

Warmest Regards,

Eka Lam

Edited by Oyus
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

FGnG1FE.png

To: The Royal Family of @Gallambria & Gallambria at-large

From: Kera Eka Lam of the @Oyus Matriarchy & Ambassador to Gallambria Kayleigh Hani

To our distant neighbor,

On behalf of the people of Oyus, we extend our deepest condolences over the loss of the Duke of Wessex. It is difficult to lose someone close and dear to you and the Royal Family will be in our thoughts and prayers. No parent should have to go through this. We wish you peace and strength during this time. While he may be gone from sight, he remains in the hearts of those close to him.

With sympathy,

Eka Lam

Kayleigh Hani
Ambassador to Gallambria

• Like 3

FGnG1FE.png

To: All Governments Of The World

This communique has been encrypted and is considered confidential

To leaders from a stone's throw away to leaders of the most distant lands,

Oyus is a shining example of what can be accomplished with heart, faith, and dedication. If it were not for the steady and consistent leadership, it would be riddled with infighting and disagreement, unable to to function competently like some may find across Eurth. Today, we look to secure that the successes and continuing achievements we make are not all for nothing. The Matriarchy must have a future in sight. Uncertainty in the form of an extensive election process to come would destroy much of what has been accomplished with the choice of the wrong person to succeed me. This is why I have decided to search for a successor, and I seek to look for someone abroad as opposed to at home to adopt into my family. While a most curious decision, I hope it is a welcome one, and it is my hope in this process that closer ties can be established. At your earliest convenience, we would enjoy your feedback in either guiding us in this process or participating fully.

Eka Lam

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• Similar Content

• By Mauridiviah
      This a thread to make it easy for me to do diplomacy. It's both OOC and IC, although this post is completely OOC. IC posts should be properly addressed to the Department of State and/or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mauridiviah.
      General Relations: [Link]
      Nations currently recieving foreign aid:
      Hellenic Rus [Link] Southern Fulgistani Provinces [Link] Nations can request foreign aid below (IC).
      Diplomatic Meetings:
      Fulgistani-Mauridivian Summit [Link] Ahranian-Mauridivian Summit [Link] Anyone seeking a diplomatic meeting can post below (IC) or message me (OOC).
      Diplomatic Incidents:
      Condemnation of Derthalen [Link] You cannot request these, but I'm sure they'll grow in number.
      International Organizations:
      Entry into the Argic-Thalassan-Alharun Association (ATARA) as a Member [Link] Entry into the Confederation of Independent Socialists (CIS) as an Observer [Link] Diplomatic Practices
      Mauridiviah grants diplomatic immunity to diplomatic staff, and requires nations with which it has embassies and cosulates to do the same. This immunity does not extend to civil fines, civil lawsuits, or civil affairs unrelated to diplomatic and/or consular activities. Mauridiviah also grants full diplomatic protections to foreign embassies and consulates, and also requires nations with which is has embassies and consulates to do the same.
      Mauridiviah handles diplomatic missions on a case by case basis, and grants great freedoms in the designing of foreign embassies and consulates, and allows nations to place them outside of the capital city. Mauridiviah only allows security staff to carry small arms if they're registered with the Mauridivian government. Mauridivian diplomatic staff have the right to unionize. 
      Mundus Liber is not a government organization, operates no embassies or consulates, and has its own outlet here.
       Embassies:
      Iverica Beleareas Fulgistan Seylos Limonaia Fleur de Lys Variota Ahrana Sayf Faramount Riadiya Andalla Selayar Monvisret ;( Sunset Sea Islands This section is a Work In Progress.
      Special Relations:
      -None so far.

Credit to @Iverica for the format and @Faramount for the legalese and @Gallambria for the idea.

• By Karillia
      This is the public outlet of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and as such the person who will be reviewing most of the dealings will be the most honorable Foreign Minister, Agalia Sobot, Otenia Valley 7, 8530 Trebzon. The ministry asks for all letters to be addressed accordingly.
      On special request, letters can also be forwarded to other ministers, such as the Minister of Defence, or even the Grand Duke himself, yet such will only be permitted in special cases that the Foreign Minister deems his involvement is indeed required.
      It is also possible to review current diplomatic ties and relations from this page.
      Mission Statement:
      The Grand Duchy extends full diplomatic amnesty to foreign envoys and other diplomatic staff, with the exception of following charges:
      (Attempted) Acts of Terrorism Entering of Quarantined Zones Refusal to Follow Orders by the Royal Elite Force It expects similar treatment by all other nations with an interest in establishing diplomatic ties, yet specifics and exceptions can be discussed. Diplomatic Staff may be accompanied by armed security staff, yet they must first be registered in the Ministry of Safety and will be expelled if found guilty of handing weapons to unauthorized personnel. Karillian diplomatic staff will follow the laws and customs of the nation they operate in. 
      Embassies:
      None yet
      Foreign relations:
      None yet