Alenveil

Request: Alenveil

@Alenveil A neolithic history will be interesting to see develop. Any many players go back that far. On the timeline, you can see how shipping has only been around since 4500 BCE. Which is still possible though if we take ocean currents into account.

The Cristinese language in this particular region will be unique. I see no issue with your location next to @PyeMcGowan and @Theodoria . I am tagging them for good measure, to inform them about blocked future expansions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orioni said:

@Alenveil A neolithic history will be interesting to see develop. Any many players go back that far. On the timeline, you can see how shipping has only been around since 4500 BCE. Which is still possible though if we take ocean currents into account.

The Cristinese language in this particular region will be unique. I see no issue with your location next to @PyeMcGowan and @Theodoria . I am tagging them for good measure, to inform them about blocked future expansions.

I’ve spoken to Alenveil and Theodoria and I think Alenveil would fit quite well, since my east is heavily aristocratic.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Orioni said:

Also how will he be blocking future expansions? My current expansions are mostly northern and islands

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orioni said:

@Alenveil A neolithic history will be interesting to see develop. Any many players go back that far. On the timeline, you can see how shipping has only been around since 4500 BCE.

I'd go as far as to say that any claim to a true continuation from the Neolithic is completely impossible outside of nationalistic propaganda and myth-making.

• Like 1

@Tagmatium Rules, In that case, it can be just that! A myth! I mean, maybe there can be archeological evidence that's increasingly discovered through my country's existence. Things could go on through the Alenian National Tribune and other news outlets that I might construct.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Alenveil said:

@Tagmatium Rules, In that case, it can be just that! A myth! I mean, maybe there can be archeological evidence that's increasingly discovered through my country's existence. Things could go on through the Alenian National Tribune and other news outlets that I might construct.

Sorry, that was snippy of me.

I apologise for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

Sorry, that was snippy of me.

I apologise for it.

No, no! It's actually a really good idea! It seems somewhat impractical that the country has a very defined vision on how they began. This can even give me a reason to act more in the community, and I thank you! There's no reason to apologize.

• Like 3

Just now, Alenveil said:

No, no! It's actually a really good idea! It seems somewhat impractical that the country has a very defined vision on how they began. This can even give me a reason to act more in the community, and I thank you! There's no reason to apologize.

Hey maybe I could send enclavite archeologists to your nation

Just now, Neo-enclave said:

Hey maybe I could send enclavite archeologists to your nation

That's alright, Neo. I have an idea.

• Like 1

But, um, when should I be added? I don't see any other conflictions involving the map unless there's something I forgot about. Sorry if I feel pushy.

On 10/28/2018 at 9:44 PM, Alenveil said:

Alenveil_Map.png?width=835&height=418

(The Red circle is the capital, yellow circles are dock cities, blue circles are major cities.)
Sarbo is the capital. Ascorese, Alenzio, Chiolano, Savocino, and Legnamura are interchangeable.

@Alenveil Capital city location is clear. I also understand the difference between cities and docks. Do let me know what the exact names are.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SamNorth
      The Federal Republic of Stalgora

Capital: Havgard
      Capital Location: Protected Bay City off the Argic Sea
      Factbook: Current Version
      News Link: Courier - Carried Around the World
      Culture: Historically Dominated by Scandinavian People with a intermingling of Slavic and German Culture - Slavic Predominant on the Havgen Peninsula and the Germanic Tribes of the Hinterland
      Climate: Frigid mountain coastlines with protected Fjords and Bays which give way to and protected a sea warmed inner region known as the Hinterland - primary farmland and open pit mining region. Sparsly populated. 
      Location: Proposed Location - Includes the territory of their long time rivals and enemies - The Scandinaviskrike. 
      History 
      0500-1200 The Nomadic Scandinavian Tribes- The Scandinavian tribes settled the region that would become known as Stalgora. Giving the mountain range the name Jormungandr after the mythical beast of Nordic Lore. The main tribe, Vadagard, established itself early on as one of the key centerpieces of the region. The other Earldoms - including what would become The Skandinaviskrike - grew around this same time as colonies of Vadagard proper. 
      1200-1612 The Six Great Earldoms - Out of the various tribes, the six great Earldoms grew. Vadagard was the greatest and seat of power in the Jormungandr region. Its chief rival Scandinaviskgard - ruled the eastern reach in the great frozen plains of the Nordhavet. The other four earldoms - Vintergard, Rondheim, Jotunfjell, and Riagard - swayed between loyalty to the two greater powers. Traditions of swearing fielty and loyalty to an individual, not a lineage or state - meant loyalties only lasted as long as the people who had made them lived. Wars were fought, and lands changed hands. Mostly, the powers grew in both technology, science, and size. 
      1612-1671 The Rise of Edvard the Conqueror - Edvard the Conqueror was the greatest leader of Stalgoran history. Through his reign, he expanded Vadagard's influence to rule over the 5 other Earldoms as King. He conquered the Hinterland, bringing the Germanic tribes into the fold. He also conquered the Havgen Peninsula, marrying a Slavic beauty and naming his kingdom Stalgora - the Slavic name for the region. The House of Brandt would rule for ages to come. 
      1671-1858 The Golden Age of Kings - The Golden ages of kings saw the consolidating of the great power of the Stalgoran Monarchy. Vadagard became a veritable fortress of palaces of the great houses and power was consolidated from the traditional homes to the capital city. One holdout were the houses loyal to the Earl of Skandinaviskgard. The former rivals of the Brandt house continued to hold the monarchy in contempt, particularly in both their inclusion and incorporation of Germanic and Slavic culture into theirs - despite the fact that both ethnic groups were limited to the working class. As this rivalry continued to fester, it ended in Civil War. 
      1858-1861 The War of the Two Crowns - In 1858, Skandinaviskgard declared its independence from Stalgora and established its own monarchy with Ashelm as its capital. Over the course of three years, the region between the Hinterland and the Eiranfjell became fertile with the dead as the two sides fought a stalemate of a war. Finally, after three years, Stalgora and Skandinaviskgard reached a truce and a unsteady peace was established between the two powers.
      1861-1900 The birth of Industry and the Revolution - As the industrial Revolution began to pick up pace, shifting demographics and corporate power challenged the aristocratic foundations of the nation. As the nation established itself as an industrial powerhouse in the region (one rich in titanium, iron, coal, and oil), the power began to shift from the wealthy commoners running the corporate industries and the traditional power holders among the aristocracy. This shifting dynamic created tensions in the government. Attempting to assert some control again, the Monarchy and the aristocracy levied increasing taxes on both the corporations and the citizens. Finally, the tensions reached a tipping point.
      1900 The Birth of a Republic - With a hungry population, it took very little to shift the dynamic. A people's revolution funded by the over taxed corporations, the military largely shifted their support to the commoners and their goals. With little support and almost completely eroded power, the Monarchy capitulated. The Aristocratic households were sacked and the "old wealth" transferred to the state. The monarchy heritages were allowed to keep some semblance of power, and as the capital moved to the bay city of Havgard, Vadagard became the decadent and decaying seat of the old aristocratic houses. 
      -More Developing-

• By Eulycea
      Nation in Europa: The Kingdom of Eulycea

Flag:

Capital name: Brisa
      Capital location:

Factbook link: https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Eulycea
      Newsroom link: 

Culture: Eulycea embraces a culture analogous to western Europe, particularly the western Mediterranean. As the product of the Salvian Crusades, it has significant Salvian influences, particularly in its state religion (Eulycean Catholicism, a schismatic branch of Salvian Catholicism). However, the common (and official) language is Eulycean Aroman, primarily as the result of the evangelization of the Order of St. Joseph, who assimilated much of the native Lycean peoples into Catholicism by teaching them Aroman and Aromanizing their names and culture. This resulted in the cultural assimilation from the bottom up of the Salvian colonial elite into a distinctly Aromanish culture.

Climate: Eulycea has an arid, equatorial climate divided across three terrains: coastal plain, highland plateaus, and mountains. While near the coast, temperature is fairly mild and dry, the mountaintops remain cold and snowy all year. It is most analogous to Peru.

Location History: The Lycean peoples (analogous to indigenous Andean peoples pre-Columbus) developed a complex, well-organized agricultural society from 5,000 BC to 1100 AD, where they were finally unified under the Tihuanaco Empire. While the region had always been abundant in precious metals, the discovery of a massive new deposit at Montargent in the 1400s prompted invasion from the Yellow Empire in the 1400s, resulting in the Tihuanaco Empire becoming its tributary puppet. The Salvians, who were obstructed in trade by the Huang with their Lycean subjects, declared a crusade in Lycea as part of their broader campaign to dismantle the Yellow Empire in the 16th century. It succeeded, and the Salvian king became a dual monarch of both Salvia and Eulycea, with a governor administering the colony in his place. Later, in the 1700s, when republicans overthrew the Salvian monarch, he fled with much of the nobility to Eulycea, becoming a de facto (and later de jure) sovereign kingdom of its own.

• By Tagmatium Rules
      I'm going to ask to add Aroma to the map.
      If it can be added as a port in the place shown on the map as a red dot. It's a been a long time coming, considering it's relative cultural importance, in the scheme of things.
      I've been thinking about it and also checking the cultural map of Europa, it seems to be the most logical place for it to go. I apologise for it now being super busy there, but I think I kind of need to illustrate where it is. Me and Adaptus did agree that it would make more sense to be in my territory than his. We'll assume that the equivalent of Rome's port of Ostia has been swallowed by urban sprawl or something in OTL
      I'm open to comments on whether that is the best place for it to go. I'll attach the cultural map, too, so that everyone else can chip in. The map is also a work in progress by O and may be subject to change.