Rihan

2018 SATAMFC League Cup

Orventis Arena, Rihannsu Locker Room at Half-Time

"What is going on out there!" shouted their coach, a man that despite his lowly birth did have some patrician backers, though they were the same people providing the vital Chaks to finance the team in its efforts at the Cup and they had as much power with their purses as they did in finding a new coach. Khoal Levat spoke up.

"I am sorry I couldn't take the pass by Maiell but I was surrounded by three Gallambrians. But Maiek got it..."

"And then he lost it," cut in their captain, Delon."

"Yes," Thivas responded. "It allowed the Lions to hold possession for most of the remainder of the half. We have to do better."

Vekek asked, "so what's the new plan? Clearly if Gallambria gets the ball on a drive, they have the speed to cut us off."

"I suppose but we're the Soaring Eagles," his coach retorted. "We're better than them. We'll use Offense Plan 3. Levat, I am putting you on the bench and substituting you with Valdran."

Khoal was not happy but he was in no position to complain. If Plan 3 doesn't work, we'll attempt to confuse them with Plan 5...actually...Vetath, you're also going to come on the bench at Minute 60 and be replaced with Vaebn."

"Any questions?" There we're none. "Alright, let's get out there and win this."

The Soaring Eagles would land hard on the ground without a goal at the end of the match, losing to Gallambria 1-0 at home. This would not sit well with his backers who had been watching from their private boxes. Natek Sahen, one of them, was not impressed and had left the stadium before the end of the match and had already conveyed his displeasure to several of his colleagues remarking that a conversation with Phliss was required to right the ship.

• Like 1

"...sounding second alarm at Via Zannoni 3381, fire has spread from vehicle to nearby housing..."

"...additional units requested at Via Renauld 477 for domestic disturbance, neighbor reports argument regarding footballing..."

"Turn that off."

"...all available units in area, respond immediately to Embassy of Asgeirria, diplomatic quarter, this is an officer needs help call..."

"...10-16, 10-16, respond immediately for support to Via Rocca de Baldi 88, fire unit reports being under attack by hooligans..."

"I SAID TURN THAT RADIO OFF." Senior Inspector Prisco Vigliotti bellowed the order at the driver of the police bus, who finally switched off the dispatch radio. Vigliotti did not even bother to mutter a thank you before turning back to his platoon of riot officers. "We are thirty seconds out. Remember: no deadly force. This is the eighth game in ten years that we haven't lost. The president does not want this success undermined by bloodshed." The field officer of the Faramontese Paramilitary Police had barely finished that last statement when the bus suddenly lurched to a stop, nearly throwing the man -- the equivalent of a captain in the army -- to the ground.

"I can't get any closer," the driver said, "there's fire trucks in the way."

"Amateurs," Vigliotti remarked with contempt, eyeing the firefighting vehicles, before turning back to his men. "Alright, then. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR. DISEMBARK, NOW. MOVE!"

The thirty paramilitaries onboard jumped to their feet and quickly exited the vehicle through its three doors, forming up on the pavement outside. They found a scene of utter chaos. The local and national police had been trying to keep order near Terrome Stadium, but clearly, that effort had failed. Injured policemen were sitting everywhere, being helped by firefighters and paramedics. Up ahead, Vigliotti could see that some firefighters and other volunteers were helping to maintain the police's haphazard riot line. The acrid smell of smoke and the sound of sirens filled the air, but above all else, it was the noise of the crowd -- the screaming, the breaking glass, the brawling -- that stood out. 

"Well," Vigliotti said to no one in particular, staring past the police line at mob of several thousand Faramontese football fans violently celebrating their team's narrow escape of defeat, "it would appear we have our work cut out for us."

Edited by Faramount
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

SATAMFC DAY 3

SUNSET SEA ISLANDS VS. ASGERRIA (2-2)

• Goals: 2 for both
  • Shots on Goal: 7 for both
  • Shots: 10 for Sunset Sea Islands, 13 for Asgeirria
  • Fouls: 18 for Sunset Sea Islands, 24 for Asgeirria
  • Corners: 7 for Sunset Sea Islands, 4 for Asgeirria
  • Free Kicks: 4 for Sunset Sea Islands, 5 for Asgeirria
  • Offsides: 4 for Sunset Sea Islands, 2 for Asgeirria
  • Own Goals: 0 for both
  • Yellow Cards: 1 for both
  • Red Cards: 0 for both

Additional minutes: 5 minutes

Match Events (Time: Event)

7: Asgierria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
8: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
9: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
17: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
19: Sunset Sea Islands scores! The scorer was Kevin Thu (8)
25: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
27: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
29: Asgierria scores! The scorer was Vulcari (10)
31: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
36: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
44: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
46: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
62: Asgeirria is shown a Yellow Card.
63: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
65: Sunset Sea Islands is shown a Yellow Card.
67: Asgierria takes a shot. That's off target.
70: Asgierria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
73: Sunset Sea Islands scores! The scorer was Hari Omar (9)
83: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
84: Asgierria scores! The scorer was Kvothe (11)
85: Asgierria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
88: Asgierria takes a shot. That's off target.
89: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
92: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
95: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

ANDALLA VS. GALLAMBRIA (0-2)

• Goals: 0 for Andalla, 2 for Gallambria
  • Shots on Goal: 6 for Andalla, 8 for Gallambria
  • Shots: 7 for Andalla, 12 for Gallambria
  • Fouls: 20 for Andalla, 12 for Gallambria
  • Corners: 5 for Andalla, 10 for Gallambria
  • Free Kicks: 1 for both
  • Offsides: 6 for both
  • Yellow Cards: 2 for Andalla

7: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
15: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
23: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
24: Gallambria scores! The scorer was McLaren (11)
26: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
28: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
29: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
36: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
37: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
38: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
44: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
53: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.
59: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
60: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.
64: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
67: Gallambria scores! The scorer was Michael Hughes (8)
79: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
86: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
90: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
93: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
94: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

KIPAN VS. FARAMOUNT (3-0)

• Goals: 3 for Kipan, 0 for Faramount
  • Shots on Goal: 5 for Kipan, 7 for Faramount
  • Shots: 11 for Kipan, 16 for Faramount
  • Fouls: 19 for Kipan, 18 for Faramount
  • Corners: 3 for Andalla, 7 for Faramount
  • Free Kicks: 1 for Faramount
  • Offsides: 6 for Kipan, 3 for Faramount
  • Yellow Cards: 2 for Kipan, 1 for Faramount

7: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
8: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
16: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
18: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
20: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
21: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
29: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
32: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.
33: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
34: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
41: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
46: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
50: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
55: Kipan scores! The scorer was Ochiyo (11)
60: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
61: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
63: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
67: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
68: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
69: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
70: Kipan scores! The scorer was Ochiyo (11)
76: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
77: Kipan scores! The scorer was Kinjo (10)
80: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
82: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
84: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
87: Faramount is shown a Yellow Card.
88: Red Team takes a shot. That's off target.
93: Red Team is shown a Yellow Card.
95:  Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

RIHAN VS. SHFFARIKA (1-0)

• Goals: 3 for Rihan, 0 for Shffarika
  • Shots on Goal: 6 for Rihan, 10 for Shffarika
  • Shots: 10 for Rihan, 14 for Shffarika
  • Fouls: 27 for Rihan, 19 for Shffarika
  • Corners: 8 for both
  • Free Kicks: 2 for both
  • Offsides: 2 for Rihan

1: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
3: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
5: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
6: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
8: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
9: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
12: Shffarika takes a shot. That's off target.
14: Shffarika takes a shot. That's off target.
21: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
22: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
23: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
28: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
30: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
31: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
32: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
50: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
52: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
53: Rihan is shown a Yellow Card.
54: Shffarika takes a shot. That's off target.
59: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
61: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
70: Shffarika takes a shot. That's off target.
76: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
79: Rihan scores! The scorer was Vaebn Rylov (3)
86: Shffarika is shown a Yellow Card.
93: Shffarika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

MAURIDIVIAH VS. PALLAMARA (2-0)

• Goals: 2 for Mauridiviah, 0 for Pallamara
  • Shots on Goal: 6 for Mauridiviah, 4 for Pallamara
  • Shots: 11 for both
  • Fouls: 22 for Mauridiviah, 16 for Pallamara
  • Corners: 4 for Mauridiviah, 6 for Pallamara
  • Free Kicks: 1 for Pallamara
  • Offsides: 4 for Mauridiviah, 5 for Pallamara
  • Yellow Cards: 3 for both

9: Mauridiviah scores! The scorer was Judas Cruz (11)
12: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
21: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
22: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
30: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
31: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
32: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
35: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
45: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
46: Mauridiviah scores! The scorer was Marnmo (7)
50: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
51: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
55: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
62: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
63: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
65: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
70: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
74: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
76: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
78: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
79: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
82: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
83: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
84: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
86: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
88: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
89: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
91: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

kipan_sports_banner_by_zagush-dcp9ai2.jp

"...I'm Shiro Shinobi for NBK, live from Obon Stadium where the Shukuro have just completed dominated against Faramount in the third round of the SATAMFC League Cup. The team is at the very top of the League rankings, no team comes close to the performances given by Tadao's players. Second-highest, the Blacksuns of the Sunset Sea Islands, is the true match-up of the entire league for Kipan - which occur in the seventh round. We'll have a two-hour long program exclusive on that impending game - both pre and post-match. But now, let's refocus on today's game against the Greens. As always here with me is Toshiyuki Doi, sports columnist for the Kinyo Shinbun newspaper, and former F.C. Miyako midfielder Kenji Tenzai. Welcome to the program."

"Thank you, thank you."

"Kenji-san," he began. "Ochiyo is truly on fire. There is no forward has been able to stop him. He's the top scorer in the entire league. What do you think is driving this young 26-year old?"

"I think it's his coaches on the Diamonds in Nakazami. As you know, they are the second-best team in the K1 League and the only reason they haven't gotten as many titles is that they didn't have Ochiyo sooner. Regardless of that, Yanagi has always had the best trainers, even when he was in University. His footwork is just exceptional. And not to mention, I am actually quite jealous of him." Shinobi looked back at him. "Really?" he questioned. "Yes. He reminds me of me a decade ago when I played for F.C. Miyako. "Do you know if the conversations around him being traded to your old club are still alive?" Shiro said curiously. "I think the deliberations are ongoing but based on his performance out here on the pitch. I see it very hard for the Diamonds to let him go."

"Doi, as Kenji just told us, it's Ochiyo's footwork that is stupendous. What do you think was the highlight of the entire match?" The columnist readjusts his glasses, "It was in the sixty-seventh minute when Faramount had an opportunity to equalize the match but their forward wasn't thinking straight and kicked it straight into goalkeeper Denbe's hands. It just went all south for them by then as Akane and Sekozawa got the ball out of the Kipanese side and into the elegant skill of Hoshi. When we talked about the first round against the Asgeirrians, once the ball is with Hoshi, a trifecta is essentially activated. He passed it off to Ochiyo and fainted a kick, distracting the goalkeeper to move the wrong way and punched into the right-side of the net. The Faramountians were completely distraught at that point."

"We're a third of the way through the first phase of the League Cup and our team is on top. Where do you see the team possibly losing?" The columnist was the first to respond. "There are three major teams that Kipan needs to beat to truly run the table and probably just outright win the Cup and that's the Vinotinto of Mauridiviah next week, the Blacksuns of Sunset Sea Islands in the seventh stretch, and Gallambria in the second-to-last match. They may have fewer points, but they all have their strengths. The Kipanese team has not played either Mauridiviah or Gallambria in some time and their teams do have considerable defensive capabilities. But as you said at the start of the program, it's verus the Blacksuns that will, without a doubt, be the most-watched."

"Do you have anything to add Tenzai?"

"If I were Coach Tadao, I wouldn't have Ochiyo play the next two matches. Yes, as Doi just said, that the Mauridiviah's are a challenge, I think both Geihei Kinjo and one of our less-played forwards, Shinzo Nagama will be able to keep up Kipan's first place positioning until the Sunset Sea Islands and bring Ochiyo back to face Kevin Thu."

"Have you ever competed against Thu in your past time on the national squad?"

"I have not but I watched his performance during the World Cup and he's certainly a force to contend with on the pitch."

"We have Miyoshi Basho down on the field with Number 11, Ochiyo himself, to talk about the match. Doi and Tenzai, hang on while we speak with the two of them briefly." They both nod in acknowledgment.

"Miyoshi-san, go ahead. "Thank you Shiro. Yanagi, you must be absolutely thrilled with both yours and that of your teammates' stellar performance in the Cup so far." The player nods and gives his response. "It is like a dream. I am pretty sure none of us expected to be undefeated so far. While I may be the one netting the goals predominately, the truth is that is a collective team effort and without my colleagues, we wouldn't have gotten the ball down the pitch as seamlessly as we've been able to do over these three matches."

"Shiro and I both agree that you have an almost mind-melded relationship with your fellow forward Kinjo and dominant midfielder Hoshi. Can you explain that I suppose, special connection the three of you have?"

"Sure, sure. Kinjo and I have been playing on opposing teams for the last four years - he with F.C. Miyako and me with the Diamonds, while Hoshi has been with Ngozi. But we all played in the youth league when we were sixteen, seventeen years old. And all three of us got brought up to the Kipanese Football Association's Training Academy when we graduated from University. We may all play each other in the K1, we are a unified team here and we leave our respective teams at the door."

"That's great. I am sure you have gotten many questions about a potential trade from your current team to F.C. Miyako, do you have anything to say about that."

"Nothing at this time other than to say that the Diamonds have always been my family, having drafted me right out of the training academy and they've done nothing but given me respect and encouragement in my talents that I bring to our game."

"You've been playing really, really well the last two weeks. Is there a particular opponent that you are looking forward to playing against?"

"Without a doubt, that is the Blacksuns and their premier forward, Kevin Thu. We remarkably beat them in a friendly match right before this League Cup series began and I was astonished that we beat the World Cup champions in that match-up. And I am sure they were equally surprised that we won. But I only got to see a small slice of Thu's skill and I am eagerly awaiting playing him again."

"Thank you Ochiyo and we wish both you and the rest of the team over the coming matches."

"Thank you," he said and the show returns to Shiro.

"We're out of time for this week but we'll be back next week with a post-game interview with Coach Tadao following the Kipan-Mauridiviah match. You can watch that game either live here on NBK Sports or listen to the play-by-play on NBK Radio 2."

Edited by Kipan
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

SATAMFC DAY 4

GALLAMBRIA VS. ASGERRIA (2-1)

• Goals: 2 for Gallambria, 1 for Asgeirria
  • Shots on Goal: 5 for Gallambria, 7 for Asgeirria
  • Shots: 12 for Gallambria, 10 for Asgeirria
  • Fouls: 19 for Gallambria, 20 for Asgeirria
  • Corners: 6 for Gallambria, 5 for Asgeirria
  • Free Kicks: 2 for both
  • Offsides: 5 for Gallambria, 1 for Asgeirria

3: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
5: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
10: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
14: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
17: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
18: Asgeirria is shown a Yellow Card.
23: Asgeirria is shown a Yellow Card.
25: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
42: Gallambria is shown a Yellow Card.
49: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
62: Gallambria is shown a Yellow Card.
63: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
64: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
65: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
66: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
71: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
73: Asgeirria scores! The scorer was Vucari (9)
74: Asgeirria is shown a Yellow Card.
77: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
79: Gallambria scores! The scorer was Juric (9)
80: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
82: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
84: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
86: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
91: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
92: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
93: Gallambria is shown a Yellow Card.
95: Gallambria scores! The scorer was McLaren (11)

• Like 2

SATAMFC DAY 4 con't

FARAMOUNT VS. SUNSET SEA ISLANDS (2-1)

• Goals: 2 for Faramount, 1 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Shots on Goal: 5 for Faramount, 4 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Shots: 11 for Faramount, 9 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Fouls: 19 for Faramount, 25 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Corners: 6 for Faramount, 4 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Free Kicks: 2 for Faramount, 1 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Offsides: 2 for both

1: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
11: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
13: Faramount scores! The scorer was (5)
21: 
Faramount scores! The scorer was (10)
27: Faramount is shown a Yellow Card.
33: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
36: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
37: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
38: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
39: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
44: Sunset Sea Islands is shown a Yellow Card.
46: Sunset Sea Islands scores! The scorer was (8)
54: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
55: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
58: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
70: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
71: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
77: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
78: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
87: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
88: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
90: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

ANDALLA VS. RIHAN (0-1)

• Goals: 0 for Andalla, 1 for Rihan
  • Shots on Goal: 7 for Andalla, 5 for Rihan
  • Shots: 15 for Andalla, 7 for Rihan
  • Fouls: 25 for Andalla, 22 for Rihan
  • Corners: 3 for Andalla, 5 for Rihan
  • Free Kicks: 1 for Andalla
  • Offsides: 2 for Andalla, 1 for Rihan
  • Yellow Cards: 1 for Andalla, 2 for Rihan

1: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
2: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
3: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
8: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
15: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
16: Rihan is shown a Yellow Card.
18: Rihan scores! The scorer was Mirel Lovok (11)
23: Rihan is shown a Yellow Card.
37: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
38: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
47: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
48: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
49: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
51: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
56: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
58: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
60: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
63: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
69: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
70: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
71: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
77: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
79: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.
81: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

PALLAMARA VS. SHFFAHIKA (1-0)

• Goals: 1 for Pallamara, 0 for Shffahika
  • Shots on Goal: 6 for Pallamara, 5 for Shffahika
  • Shots: 15 for Pallamara, 13 for Shffahkia
  • Fouls: 13 for Pallamara, 21 for Shffahika
  • Corners: 4 for both
  • Free Kicks: 2 for Pallamara
  • Offsides: 2 for Pallamara, 5 for Shffahika
  • Yellow Cards: 1 for Pallamara, 2 for Shffahika

Additional minutes: 3 minutes

1: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
5: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
6: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
7: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
9: Shffahika is shown a Yellow Card.
11: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
17: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
20: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
23: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
25: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
30: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
33: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
36: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
38: Shffahika is shown a Yellow Card.
39: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
44: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
46: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
47: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
53: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
56: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
63: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
66: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
71: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
75: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
81: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
83: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
84: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
85: Pallamara scores! The scorer was (6)
87: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
88: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
93: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.

MAURIDIVIAH VS. KIPAN (1-1)

• Goals: 1 for both
  • Shots on Goal: 5 for Mauridiviah, 7 for Kipan
  • Shots: 9 for Mauridiviah, 11 for Kipan
  • Fouls: 23 for Mauridiviah, 20 for Kipan
  • Corners: 9 for Maudiviah, 4 for Kipan
  • Free Kicks: 2 for Mauridiviah
  • Offsides: 2 for Mauridiviah, 3 for Kipan
  • Yellow Cards: 3 for Mauridiviah, 4 for Kipan

2: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
3: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
5: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
7: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
11: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
12: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
14: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.
15: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.
18: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
22: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
25: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
29: Maudiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
33: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
36: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
38: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.
42: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
44: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
45: Mauridiviah scores! The scorer was Cruz (11)
49: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
53: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
55: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
67: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
75: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
80: Kipan scores! The scorer was Hoshi (9)
83: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
87: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
92: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

"...the Soaring Eagles have once again won in the SATAMFC League Cup, this time to Andalla 0-1. It was a rather surprising result as the Rihannsu team believed that this match was inevitably going to end up in a tie. Miral Lovok, the replacement striker who took over for Vekek this week who's on the bench, preparing for a different match-up later in the competition managed to score the sole goal the entire match after the Andallan goalie dived to the ground when the ball was actually above him and hit the back of the net. Coach Phliss, who got an earful from the team's financial supporters, proved he still could keep the team moving forward. In a short prepared statement, he said that the Rihannsu team was ready for the rest of the competition's first round and was still confident they'd make it to the knock-out round. The Soaring Eagles play the Sunset Sea Islands at the Orventis Arena next week. According to unofficial sources, millions of Chaks have been placed on the home team beating the Blacksuns but Phliss said he was more concerned with the Asgeirria-Rihan match in Week 6...we will have a more-depth conversation with the team following next week's match..."

Edited by Rihan
Had to rewrite post.
  • Like 2

"...I'm Shiro Shinobi for NBK, live from Obon Stadium where the Shukuro's winning streak ended in a tie with Mauridiviah. I have in the studio with me Junichi Takeda, former Shukuro coach, and former F.C. Midfielder Kenji Tenzai. Thank you for both of you for joining me."

"Does this draw impact the team for the rest of the initial cycle?"

"No, no," said Takeda, "they're still in first place and there is no way they'd be dropping unless the team was to begin slipping up big time over the next few rounds."

"Was the lack of Ochiyo not on the field tonight the cause of the loss?"

"Hoshi, even though he's a midfielder like me," started Tenzai, "he has performed just as well as he's done when the trifecta was on the field. The coach needs Ochiyo to take on Kevin Thu in a few weeks."

"Worst moment of the match?" asked Shiro. "Without a doubt," said Takeda, "was in the sixty-seventh minute when the Mauridivians scored. Up until that moment, it was a complete stalemate on the pitch. But I must say, Judas Cruz is a formidable player and has scored several times during the course of the competition." Takeda then jumped in, "while that was a disappointing moment, things turned around rather quickly once the ball had gotten into Kipanese possession under Sekozawa and Ngami, who got into the footwork of Hoshi who equalized the game with ten minutes remaining. Unfortunately, even though the Shukuro controlled the ball for the rest of the match, they just couldn't get it through."

The midfielder added, "if anything, though the loss was saddening, this was a perfect opportunity for the Kipanese, who don't regularly play the Vinotinto in their sub-confederation, a chance to learn ahead of the knock-out round, especially if they end up playing them in the first stage."

"Do you think the team is missing anything at the moment?"

"I don't think its missing talent but I think Tadao needs to give some of the midfielders a break. I would bring on Ryota Nakamoto of Aso Sunrise to give Sekozawa a rest." Tenzai agreed. "Though we lost this week, the absolute worst thing that could happen right now is if Sekozawa or even Hoshi were to get injured as they are core to many plays that we've seen performed on the field over the last few weeks."

"Anything else before we switch for a moment to briefly speak with Coach Tadao in person?"

"I do have one comment to make," said Takeda, "go ahead." He paused for a second. "The fact that Faramount, a team with a poor performance in the entire League managed to take down Sunset Sea Island's Blacksuns. That was just stunning to me when I was watching it last night. There is something wrong within the former World Cup champions team and if I were them, I'd get it sorted out before they play us."

"Coach Takeda," asked Shiro, "it sounds like you are very optimistic that we'll be able to beat them in the seventh round..."

"I am. We'll have Ochiyo on the field, and perhaps the strongest offensive of all the competing teams. Kevin Thu is good, but Yanagi is better."

"Thank you, and now over to Coach Tadao," he said, the camera changes to a corridor of Obon Stadium leading to the Shukuro clubhouse where NBK field reporter Miyoshi Basho is speaking with the national coach one-on-one.

"I want to thank you for this opportunity. I will keep this conversation brief as possible as I know you have several meetings this evening, including a discussion with the Football Association."

"Thank you Basho," he responded. "Though tonight's draw was a disappointment, are you worried about the next two rounds at all?" He gave his answer, "no. Pallamara and Andalla have both been less than stellar this time. Shukuro will play both and win but our supreme focus at the moment is the Blacksuns, to be played here, at home." Basho then followed up, "Have you already begun planning for the knock-out round?" Tadao had already been asked that question by three other reporters that morning. "No. We're strategizing and practicing for one match at a time and right now, all the energy is on the Sunset Sea Islands in three weeks." He was clearly not happy to speak with NBK. "We will have Ochiyo in prime condition to take on Thu. However, just to get ahead of the speculation, we will have Shinzo Nagama also playing as a forward in that match, alongside both Yanagi and Geihei."

"So a more offensive lineup than in past matches?" Tadao didn't want to give too much away. "The Blacksuns, while they were beaten by the Greens of Faramount, I see that match as a pure fluke and they simply were too overconfident. When they play us, it will be the most intensive match played all year, perhaps for maybe Variota vs. Prymont that occurred the other day or perhaps even when Iverica competes with Prymont later on in the ANA."

"Certainly. Based on the results so far, its hard to fathom that the Kipanese wouldn't make it to the next Nations Cup..." the coach cuts him off. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves," he retorted. "The SATAMFC Cup isn't over yet. We'll talk about the Nations, let alone the Thalassian. The Shukuro and the Kipanese Football Association will discuss the next major competition once this is over." A further follow-up, "of course but I am sure you'd want the chance to compete against the improbably well-off Prymontian team." Tadao gave a smirk. "Who wouldn't?"

"One last question, we heard rumors that the national team has brought up a new defensive player to the squad..." Tadao knew this news couldn't be held back anymore. "Yes. We've assigned the 24-year-old Hakaru Azuma from the Yokomoto Dragonflies to help bolster the back line." Basho responded, "you did this before the Mauridivian match, why didn't you put him today?" He grumbled, "he literally arrived two days before the match and we didn't want to make the challenge of facing the Vinotinto more so with a completely new player who still has to get within the mold of the rest of the team. Do not worry, you'll see him on the pitch before the end of the round robin."

"Thank you coach for your time and we wish you the best of luck in your upcoming matches against Andalla and Pallamara." He nodded, bowed, and went into the Shukuro clubhouse.

"Back to you Shiro," said Basho. "Thank you Miyoshi-san. As usual, NBK will be broadcasting all the matches played by the Shukuro. And a reminder: we will be having both a special pre-match and post-match segments following the Kipan-Sunset Sea Islands match in three weeks time. The matches will also be livestreamed online, and broadcasted over NBK Radio 2."

"And now we switch sports to baseball..."

• Like 2

The following story about the Rihan-Andalla match is from the Andallan Broadcasting Network.

• Like 1

SATAMFC DAY 5

SHFFAHIKA VS. ASGERRIA (1-0)

• Goals: 1 for Shffahika, 0 for Asgeirria
  • Shots on Goal: 7 for Shffahika, 3 for Asgeirria
  • Shots: 8 for Shffahika, 7 for Asgeirria
  • Fouls: 20 for Shffahika, 26 for Asgeirria
  • Corners: 6 for Shffahika, 4 for Asgeirria
  • Free Kicks: 0 for Shffahika, 1 for Asgeirria
  • Offsides: 4 for Shffahika, 5 for Asgeirria
  • Yellow Cards: 2 for both

Additional minutes: 2 minutes

5: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
8: Shffahika is shown a Yellow Card.
13: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
16: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
18: Asgeirria is shown a Yellow Card.
19: Asgerria takes a shot. That's off target.
22: Asgerria takes a shot. That's off target.
23: Asgerria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
32: Asgerria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
36: Shffahika is shown a Yellow Card.
39: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
41: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
59: Shffahika scores! The scorer was Pelletier (9)
60: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
68: Asgerria takes a shot. That's off target.
71: Asgerria takes a shot. That's off target.
79: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
80: Asgerria is shown a Yellow Card.
87: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

PALLAMARA VS. KIPAN (0-4)

• Goals: 0 for Pallamara, 4 for Kipan
  • Shots on Goal: 4 for Pallamara, 5 for Kipan
  • Shots: 10 for Pallamara, 12 for Kipan
  • Fouls: 16 for Pallamara, 21 for Kipan
  • Corners: 7 for Pallamara, 4 for Kipan
  • Free Kicks: 1 for Pallamara, 0 for Kipan
  • Offsides: 1 for Pallamara, 2 for Kipan

2: Kipan scores! The scorer was Kinjo (10)
13: Kipan scores! The scorer was Hoshi (9)

17: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
18: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
21: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
29: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.
38: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
40: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
41: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
48: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
49: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
50: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
51: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
55: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
68: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
71: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
72: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
75: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
76: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
78: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
87: Blue Team scores! The scorer was Kinjo (10)
89: Blue Team scores! The scorer was Nagama (13)

90: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
93: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.

MAURIDIVIAH VS. ANDALLA (1-2)

• Goals: 1 for Mauridiviah, 2 for Andalla
  • Shots on Goal: 3 for Mauridiviah, 8 for Andalla
  • Shots: 11 for Mauridiviah, 12 for Andalla
  • Fouls: 23 for Mauridiviah, 20 for Andalla
  • Corners: 10 for Mauridiviah, 3 for Andalla
  • Free Kicks: 1 for Mauridiviah, 0 for Andalla
  • Offsides: 1 for both
  • Yellow Cards: 2 for Mauridiviah, 1 for Andalla

1: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
2: Maurdiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
9: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
13: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
14: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.
17: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
25: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
26: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
27: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
38: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
46: Andalla scores! The scorer was (7)
47: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
48: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
50: Mauridiviah scores! The scorer was Cruz (11)
51: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
55: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
57: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
61: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
62: Andalla scores! The scorer was (10)
67: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
73: Maurdiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
75: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
76: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
81: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
83: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
87: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

RIHAN VS. SUNSET SEA ISLANDS (1-2)

• Goals: 1 for Rihan, 2 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Shots on Goal: 5 for Rihan, 9 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Shots: 8 for Rihan, 15 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Fouls: 20 for Rihan, 17 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Corners: 7 for Rihan, 5 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Free Kicks: 0 for Rihan, 3 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Offsides: 3 for both
  • Yellow Cards: 0 for Rihan, 1 for Sunset Sea Islands

1: Sunset Sea Islands is shown a Yellow Card.
2: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
11: Sunset Sea Islands scores! The scorer was Schweitzberger (10)
16: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
22: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
24: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
26: Rihan scores! The scorer was Mirel Lovok (14)
32: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
35: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
38: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
46: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
51: Sunset Sea Islands scores! The scorer was Neu (11)
52: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
54: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
55: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
56: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
59: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
64: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
70: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
71: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
78: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
90: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
92: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
93: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

FARAMOUNT VS. GALLAMBRIA (0-2)

• Goals: 0 for Faramount, 2 for Gallambria
  • Shots on Goal: 2 for Faramount, 4 for Gallambria
  • Shots: 3 for Faramount, 7 for Gallambria
  • Fouls: 35 for Faramount, 13 for Gallambria
  • Corners: 5 for Faramount, 3 for Gallambria
  • Free Kicks: 1 for both
  • Offsides: 6 for Faramount, 3 for Gallambria
  • Yellow Cards: 4 for Faramount, 0 for Gallambria

15: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
28: Faramount is shown a Yellow Card.
30: Faramount is shown a Yellow Card.
36: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
43: Faramount is shown a Yellow Card.
47: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
53: Faramount is shown a Yellow Card.
58: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
61: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
71: Gallambria scores! The scorer was Kruse (10)
77: Gallambria scores! The scorer was McLaren (11)

86: Gallambria is shown a Yellow Card.
89: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
91: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
93: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was a disappointment throughout the clubhouse following their home match loss to the Blacksuns of Sunset Sea Islands. They had thought their game against the Andallans the previous week would have helped them but several of the players had gotten that win too deep into their heads and let the game get away from them when it mattered. The loss may have hurt the players, it was a major red flag for their coach, who had already gotten at least one angry text message on his cell phone from the team's benefactors. He thought about responding to it but decided that would speak to the players first and then scream at his patrician financiers later.

"Alright, everyone, gather round," he started. "Yes. We lost to the Blacksuns. Was it expected that we win? Not particularly. The odds were never in our favor and while they may have had their ups and downs, they're still a strong team." He turned to the calendar. "We're playing Asgeirria next week. Here, at home. It will be the biggest match of the entire round for us, not due to skill - they've shown to be less than good this year, but I've been informed that the Praetor will be in attendance for it. The last thing for any of us to do is to lose in front of our leader." The presence of Terix at the Orventis Arena, while making the players happy that the embodiment of their people would watch them play, it was also a major warning that if they messed up, it was likely they wouldn't be playing for the team for the remainder of the competition.

"Vekek," Thliss said to the captain, "the main target for the next match is negating the Vulcari brothers. Between them, they've scored all the goals for their team and they've managed to put a few others in their place in the last four matches." The captain nodded. "Our training this week is going to focus on some set pieces Lerrox has been preparing for this match-up. I don't want to keep you all any longer. Training is dawn. You arrive late and you're on the bench for the match. Understood?" There was no response. "Go home, dismissed."

He then reached for his cell phone to have a rather tense call with Natek Sahen concerning the loss to the Blacksuns.

• Like 3

Oliver-Welke-beliebtester-Fussball-Moder

"I know what you guys are thinking right now, >>Oh no, not this bald fat man again!<< I'm sure Y'all were secretly celebrating that the world cup was over so you didn't have to see my face on national television every day anymore, right? But guess what, it never ends! There's always another match to moderate and as long as I don't bite the dust you're stuck with me! And with that, Ladies and Gentlemen, hello and welcome to today's episode of SSI Sports!

So far, the SSI BlackSuns have participated in five SATAMFC matches since miraculously winning the world cup in Orioni this summer. Although their results fluctuate more than they did before, I guess we can all let our boys take it easy for a while. Nevertheless, they are doing their best. Out of the five matches, the BlackSuns won three times, achieved a remis and lost once. Our football heroes managed to beat @Pallamara in their first match two to one, @Mauridiviah two nil in their second match and @Rihan two to one in their fifth encounter. The third match against @Asgeirria ended in a two-two remis and @Faramount managed to beat us two to one. Boy, that were too many twos. Not really intwoitive amirite?

Hari Omar and Kevin Thu are maintaining their stellar performance from this summer. Kevin, who was our best performing player in the world cup, managed to score one-third of our goals, another third being scored by Omar, who dominates his team-mate-slash-rival Florian Six, who, so far, did not score a single goal. Furthermore, Maximilian Neu and Robert Schweitzberger both managed to score one goal each, after scoring two and one goals in the world cup respectively.

So far, the Sunset Sea Islands are third place in the league, behind @Kipan and @Gallambria . Whether or not we manage to hold and/or expand our position, the nation stands behind their sunny heroes!

Until the next inevitable episode of SSI Sports,

this is Olimar Wilke, signing out."

• Like 3
  • Love 1

SATAMFC DAY 6

RIHAN VS. ASGERRIA (1-0)

• Goals: 1 for Rihan, 0 for Asgeirria
  • Shots on Goal: 8 for Rihan, 5 for Asgeirria
  • Shots: 14 for Rihan, 8 for Asgeirria
  • Fouls: 17 for Rihan, 23 for Asgeirria
  • Corners: 3 for Rihan, 5 for Asgeirria
  • Free Kicks: 0 for Rihan, 1 for Asgeirria
  • Offsides: 3 for Rihan, 2 for Asgeirria
  • Yellow Cards: 3 for Rihan, 2 for Asgeirria

3: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
6: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
11: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
13: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
14: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
20: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
23: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
27: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
30: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
35: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
37: Asgeirria is shown a Yellow Card.
38: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
40: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
45: Rihan scores! The scorer was Vekek
49: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
51: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
62: Rihan is shown a Yellow Card.
63: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
68: Asgeirria is shown a Yellow Card.
70: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
73: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
74: Rihan is shown a Yellow Card.
79: Rihan is shown a Yellow Card.
84: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
86: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
87: Rihantakes a shot. That's off target.
91: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.

MAURIDIVIAH VS. FARAMOUNT (2-1)

• Goals: 1 for Mauridiviah, 0 for Faramount
  • Shots on Goal: 4 for Mauridiviah, 3 for Faramount
  • Shots: 7 for both
  • Fouls: 24 for Mauridiviah, 16 for Faramount
  • Corners: 5 for Mauridiviah, 3 for Faramount
  • Free Kicks: 2 for Faramount
  • Offsides: 3 for Mauridiviah, 5 for Faramount
  • Yellow Cards: 3 for Maurdiviah, 2 for Faramount

5: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
8: Mauridiviah scores! The scorer was Cruz (11)
16: MauridiviahRed Tea m takes a shot. That's off target.
23: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
25: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
31: Mauridiviah scores! The scorer was Cruz (11)
32: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
34: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
39: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
49: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
65: Faramount is shown a Yellow Card.
67: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
72: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
79: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
81: Faramount is shown a Yellow Card.
82: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
83: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
88: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
91: Faramount scores! The scorer was (11) scores!

GALLAMABRIA VS. PALLAMARA (1-0)

• Goals: 1 for Gallambria, 0 for Pallamara
  • Shots on Goal: 3 for Gallambria, 2 for Pallamara
  • Shots: 14 for Gallambria, 8 for Pallamara
  • Fouls: 21 for Gallambria, 25 for Pallamara
  • Corners: 4 for both
  • Free Kicks: 3 for Gallambria
  • Offsides: 3 for Gallambria, 2 for Pallamara

Additional minutes: 1 minute

3: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
5: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
8: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
9: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
12: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
13: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
15: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
17: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
18: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
20: Gallambria scores! The scorer was McLaren (11)
21: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
22: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
26: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
27: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
28: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
29: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
39: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
43: Gallambria is shown a Yellow Card.
45: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
51: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
52: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
64: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
80: Gallambria is shown a Yellow Card.
83: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
84: Gallambria is shown a Yellow Card.
85: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
86: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
88: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.

SHFFAHIKA VS. SUNSET SEA ISLANDS (3-1)

• Goals: 1 for Sunset Sea Islands, 0 for Shffahika
  • Shots on Goal: 7 for both
  • Shots: 14 for Sunset Sea Islands, 12 for Shffahika
  • Fouls: 14 for Sunset Sea Islands, 18 for Shffahika
  • Corners: 7 for Sunset Sea Islands, 4 for Shffahika
  • Free Kicks: 1 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Offsides: 4 for Sunset Sea Islands, 5 for Shffahika
  • Yellow Cards: 1 for Sunset Sea Islands, 3 for Shffahika

3: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
5: Shffahika is shown a Yellow Card.
6: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
10: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
14: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
17: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
22: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
31: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
32: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
40: Sunset Sea Islands scores! The scorer was Neu (11)
45: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
47: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
54: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
55: Shffahika is shown a Yellow Card.
56: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
61: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
64: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
77: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
78: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
80: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
81: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
82: Sunset Sea Islands scores! The scorer was Thu (8)
83: Shffahika is shown a Yellow Card.
84: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
85: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
86: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
88: Sunset Sea Islands is shown a Yellow Card.
90: Shffahika scores! The scorer was Morel (11)
92: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
93: Sunset Sea Islands scores! The scorer was Thu (8)

ANDALLA VS. KIPAN (0-2)

• Goals: 1 for Andalla, 0 for Kipan
  • Shots on Goal: 6 for Andalla, 7 for Kipan
  • Shots: 11 for Andalla, 12 for Kipan
  • Fouls: 28 for Andalla, 15 for Kipan
  • Corners: 4 for Andalla, 7 for Kipan
  • Free Kicks: 1 for Andalla, 2 for Kipan
  • Offsides: 6 for Andalla, 2 for Kipan
  • Yellow Cards: 6 for Andalla, 2 for Kipan

3: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.
4: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
8: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.
9: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
12: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
16: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
23: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.
24: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
26: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
30: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
33: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
35: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
36: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
39: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
41: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
42: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
44: Kipan scores! The scorer was Nakamoto (14)
48: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
49: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.
55: Kipan scores! The scorer was Nagama (13)
62: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.
64: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.
69: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
70: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
71: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
80: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.
84: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
85: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
89: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
91: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
93: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.

• Like 1

"...both drivers work for the Sato Corporation. The analysts believe that Kipan has a chance to be in the top quintile of racers. CEO Asami Sato intends to watch several stages over the course of the competition..."

"...and now in football, the Shukuro continues its dominating position ontop of the SATAMFC Cup rankings though the board has substantially changed in the last few weeks with the Gallamrbian Lions right on their tail in second, with a mere 1 point below them. The Blacksuns of the Sunset Sea Islands is in third, 3 points behind our team. The Kipanese national team is slated to play both teams over the next two weeks. Given the situation, all three will be progressing to the quarterfinals regardless of how these matches end up. Coach Tadao immediately squashed such ignorance by giving a quote to NBK: Yes, we are in the knockout round based on the points but both the Lions and the Blacksuns are outstanding teams and our training and squad have been developed for these two teams specifically. Yanagi Ochiyo will be on the pitch in both games. We will bring the full power of our striking trifecta to bear upon them. I can guarantee you will see some of the best football played all year along.'"

"The Sunset Sea Islands-Kipan game will occur at home at Obon Stadium. NBK reports that every flight from the Sunset Sea Islands has been outright booked for a month with thousands of fans coming across the Thalassan Sea to see the game first-hand. Kipan Airlines has added one additional daily frequency between Miyako and Sunset Sea Islands this week. Meanwhile, the Shukuro will be flying to play the Lions at their home in Bromwich, Gallambria. Kipan Airlines said it was looking into an additional frequency on that flight to accommodate short-term demand."

"Though gambling is essentially illegal in Kipan (though there are bills working its way within the National Assembly), the odds of Kipan sweeping both matches is rather high, though the betting houses abroad give the Blacksuns a better chance of potentially beating us 3-2."

"NBK Sports will be hosting an exclusive show prior to and after the match with the Blacksuns hosted by me, Shiro Shinobi, along with former F.C. Miyako midfielder Kenji Tenzai, and sports commentator from Channel 4 News Miyako, Ichiro Shibata. That's it for sports news, until tomorrow, goodnight."

• Like 1

"...the national football team of the Rihan Republic (Ghanehrefv Rheilhhu Rihana) won an important victory against their Asgeirrian rivals 1-0 last night at the Orventis Arena. This is expected to the most intense competition of the entire round. Estimates from the arena indicate that every seat was filled, and several thousand more paid to stand in aisles and along railings to see Delon Vekek take on the Vulcari Brothers." 

"Vekek did not disappoint fans and scored the only goal of the entire match right before the end of the first half. The masterful netting was the work of Lekab Keras (#17) who stole the ball from the older Vulcari and passed it off to Teric Valdran (#19) and onto Vaebn Rylov (#3) who fainted a pass to left forward Vetath Mas (#7) but instead gave it to Vekek (#8) who kicked it solidly in between the goalkeeper's legs and into the net. The Asgeirrians attempted to rally in the second half with at least three opportunities, all stopped by Semas Rintel (#11) and the rest of the small defensive line. Coach Thliss has been criticized throughout the entire competition for his inconsistent record and said that today's victory should dispell any further debate concerning his ability to run the team."

"Praetor Terix and his wife were in attendance and praised the team on their success. He relayed a message to the Asgeirrian Imperator stating that he had great respect for their players and looked for a rematch in the future. Terix would not comment on any developments concerning the bombings in Dinalla late last week as he was whisked away by his Praetorians. The Phi'Tlaru's spokesperson said that the agency is pursuing all leads given to its agents by witnesses, either small or large."

SATAMFC DAY 7

KIPAN v. SUNSET SEA ISLANDS (3-2)

• Goals: 3 for Kipan, 2 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Shots on Goal: 6 for Kipan, 9 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Shots: 9 for Kipan, 15 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Fouls: 25 for Kipan, 12 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Corners: 4 for Kipan, 5 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Free Kicks: 1 for Kipan, 2 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Offsides: 7 for Kipan, 1 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Own Goals: 0 for Kipan, for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Yellow Cards: 3 for Kipan, 1 for Sunset Sea Islands
  • Red Cards: 0 for Kipan, 0 for Sunset Sea Islands

1: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
2: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
5: Kipan scores! The scorer was Ochiyo (11)
6: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
7: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
8: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
10: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
13: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
18: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.
19: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
23: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
24: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.
25: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
26: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
34: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
36: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
38: Sunset Sea Islands is shown a Yellow Card.
39: Kipan scores! The scorer was Kinjo (10)
40: Kipan takes a shot. That's off target.
49: Kipan is shown a Yellow Card.
55: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
60: Kipan scores! The scorer was Ochiyo (11)
65: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
66: Kipan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
70: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
73: Sunset Sea Islands scores! The scorer was Thu (8)
76: Sunset Sea Islands takes a shot. That's off target.
93: Sunset Sea Islands scores! The scorer was Neu (11)

ANDALLA v. ASGEIRRIA (1-0)

• Goals: 1 for Andalla, 0 for Asgeirria
  • Shots on Goal: 5 for Andalla, 2 for Asgeirria
  • Shots: 12 for Andalla, 8 for Asgeirria
  • Fouls: 20 for Andalla, 21 for Asgeirra
  • Corners: 3 for Andalla, 5 for Asgeirria
  • Free Kicks: 3 for Andalla, 1 for Asgeirria
  • Offsides: 2 for both
  • Own Goals: 0 for Andalla, for Asgeirria
  • Yellow Cards: 1 for Andalla, 3 for Asgeirria
  • Red Cards: 0 for Andalla, 0 for Asgeirria

8: Andalla is shown a Yellow Card.
10: Asgeirria is shown a Yellow Card.
13: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
14: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
18: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
24: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
32: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
33: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
35: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
39: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
40: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
41: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
43: Asgeirria is shown a Yellow Card.
50: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
53: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
62: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.
63: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
66: Asgeirria takes a shot. That's off target.
70: Asgeirria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
73: Asgeirria is shown a Yellow Card.
81: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
83: Andalla takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
86: Andalla scores! The scorer was (11)
89: Andalla takes a shot. That's off target.

SHFFAHKIA v. GALLAMBRIA (0-1)

• Goals: 0 for Shffahkia, 1 for Gallambria
  • Shots on Goal: 5 for Shffahkia, 9 for Gallambria
  • Shots: 8 for Shffahkia, 16 for Gallambria
  • Fouls: 20 for Shffahkia, 17 for Gallambria
  • Corners: 4 for Shffahkia, 5 for Gallambria
  • Free Kicks: 2 for Shffahkia, 0 for Gallambria
  • Offsides: 2 for Shffahkia, 3 for Gallambria
  • Own Goals: 0 for Shffahkia, for Gallambria
  • Red Cards: 0 for Shffahkia, for Gallambria

6: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
10: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
13: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
19: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
20: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
22: Shffahika is shown a Yellow Card.
23: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
31: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
33: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
36: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
40: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
46: Gallambria scores! The scorer was McLaren (11)
48: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
50: Gallambria is shown a Yellow Card.
51: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
54: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
57: Gallambria takes a shot. That's off target.
60: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
64: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
65: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
69: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
72: Gallambria takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
74: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
85: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
91: Shffahika takes a shot. That's off target.
95: Shffahika takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

FARAMOUNT v. PALLAMARA (1-0)

• Goals: 1 for Faramount, 0 for Pallamara
  • Shots on Goal: 4 for Faramount, 1 for Pallamara
  • Shots: 10 for Faramount, 3 for Pallamara
  • Fouls: 22 for Faramount, 27 for Pallamara
  • Corners: 6 for Faramount, 4 for Pallamara
  • Free Kicks: 2 for Faramount, 1 for Pallamara
  • Offsides: 3 for Faramount, 4 for Pallamara
  • Own Goals: 0 for Faramount, for Pallamara
  • Yellow Cards: 1 for Faramount, 3 for Pallamara
  • Red Cards: 0 for Faramount, for Pallamara

Additional minutes: 4 minutes

2: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
7: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
8: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
13: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
16: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
17: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
20: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
21: Faramount is shown a Yellow Card.
23: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
32: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
37: Pallamara is shown a Yellow Card.
44: Faramount takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
67: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.
68: Pallamara takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
72: Pallamara takes a shot. That's off target.
84: Faramount scores!
89: Faramount takes a shot. That's off target.

MAURIDIVIAH v. RIHAN (2-2)

• Goals: 2 for Mauridiviah, 2 for Rihan
  • Shots on Goal: 5 for Mauridiviah, 4 for Rihan
  • Shots: 8 for Mauridiviah, 10 for Rihan
  • Fouls: 21 for Mauridiviah, 23 for Rihan
  • Corners: 3 for Mauridiviah, 6 for Rihan
  • Free Kicks: 4 for Mauridiviah, 1 for Rihan
  • Offsides: 3 for Mauridiviah, 2 for Rihan
  • Own Goals: 0 for Mauridiviah, for Rihan
  • Red Cards: 0 for Mauridiviah, 1 for Rihan

Additional minutes: 1 minute

10: Rihan scores! The scorer was Rylov (3)
28: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
31: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
37: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
40: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
41: Rihan is shown a Yellow Card.
44: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
45: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
49: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
53: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
54: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
60: Rihan is shown a Red Card. The player has been sent off!
63: Mauridiviah is shown a Yellow Card.
72: Rihan takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.
74: Mauridiviah takes a shot. That's off target.
75: Rihan scores! The scorer was Vekek (8)
77: Mauridiviah scores! The scorer was Colombo (9)
80: Mauridiviah scores! The scorer was Cruz (11)
86: Rihan takes a shot. That's off target.
89: Mauridiviah takes a shot. It's on target, but saved.

• Like 2

"What a match. What a match," said Shiro Shinobi, confirming with his two guests before the cameraman pointed to him to begin the program. "Welcome to Game Day, with me Shiro Shinobi. With me is former F.C. Miyako midfielder Kenji Tenzai, and Channel 4 Miyako sports commentator Ichiro Shibata. Welcome to the program."

"Thank you, thank you," said both guests. "Shibata-san," started Shiro, "what do you think of the day's match?"

"It was the best match played this entire cup, to date, and I don't think is going to beat this, except if both of these end up competing against each other in the final game. This was, without a doubt, what football is all about. I have been commentating on numerous cups and domestic league matches. If you were not watching it, you truly missed out on something."

Kenji joined in, "he's right. This matchup between the Shukuro and the Blacksuns. Top notch performance. Both teams brought their best squads to bear against the other. I really do hope we see a repeat match."

"What do you think was the best moment in the game for the Shukuro Kenji?" asked Shinobi.

"I want to say it was Yanagi Ochiyo's first goal, just five minutes into the match. It was pretty clear the Blacksuns didn't have an early game plan and once their players had lost the ball, the Kipanese were all over them. Thu, their premier midfielder, had the ball stolen by Katsuo Okazaki and passed it off in Shinji Ishimaru. Then the trifecta came into play. First Hoshi, then off to Kinjo and with the fake pass back to Hoshi, gave it over to Ochiyo who then pounded into the net. A similar play was done when Kinjo scored thirty-five minutes later, giving them a 2-0 lead going into the end of the half."

"Shibata-san, do you think the Blacksuns underestimated the Shukuro?"

"Partially," he responded, "the team's offense was better than when these two teams met for the friendly match ahead of the Cup's commencement back in early October and some lessons were learned but it seems that the Blacksuns offensive strategy played off way too late for it to have made a difference. They got both of their goals into the Shukuro net starting in the seventy-third minute. At best at that point in the match, they could have tied it 3-3 but didn't have the time. The second came during the additional minutes tacked on at the end. But think if they had managed to cut off the defensive line led by Masaaki Rosanjin in the sixty-fifth minute, after Ochiyo had scored his second (the team's third) of the match, then the odds were in their favor to tie, and would have certainly knocked Kipan down from its dominating first place in the standings into second."

Shiro jumped in, "but that wouldn't really matter since both the Sunset Sea Islands and the Kipanese Islands are both in the quarterfinals by virtue of their gained points."

"Correct, but we have to remember that these matches are as much about the game as it is about national pride. The Shukuro have flat out exceeded any or all expectations set by the pundits, including myself. We would have totally okay with them being in the fourth or fifth place in the standings and made it to the semifinals - particularly due to the squad still relatively new and the coach leading the team for the first time ever. But its evident we were all wrong about this team's potential. They are the team. The trifecta in the front midfield and the duo forwards has squashed pretty much everyone they've faced and they deserve the ranking they're in today."

Kenji added one further point, "Ochiyo has absolutely stepped up. He was already a great player when he joined the team but he's outstanding. He may not be the official captain, but he's for all intents, the true leader. Even Coach Tadao has said this one or more occasions, he trusts Yanagi to make the right moves and he's always delivered. It is this player and those in the trifecta that will get them the Cup. Mark my words, Kipan will be in the final matchup."

"Shibata-san, what was the worst moment for the team?"

"In this match, there were very few mistakes, besides the regular fouls, it was perhaps the first free kick the Blacksuns received in the twenty-third minute. Thu was making the kick and so we had a tight formation to attempt to block the ball. It was at this point they had almost gotten an opportunity to shoot a goal. Thu kicked it and it almost went in on the left-hand corner of the net but Denbe stopped it, only at the last second. Those types of situations must never happen. I do hope Tadao will run some additional drills for the goalie over the next few days. He's going to need to be on his toes against the Gallambrians next week."

"Kenji, are there are any particular players you think, other than the trifecta, that played a critical role in this match?"

He nodded his head, "certainly," he paused before continuing, "Hakaru Azuma, the young twenty-five-year-old who plays for the Dragonflies in Yokomoto. He was a bit of a mystery and didn't have much playing time in the K1 League last season but clearly, Tadao gave him a particular role in this match: keep the pressure on Hari Omar and he did that brilliantly several times, both at the twenty-fifth and thirty-fourth minutes when he tries to get goals due to Azuma, kicks them erratically at some times and in others, right into the lanes of our players. He should certainly have more opportunities in the lineup over the next two games, and hopefully, in the knockout rounds. I think he complements Kei Sekozawa when he's not on the pitch."

Shiro then spoke up, "though gambling is largely illegal here in the Kipanese Islands, we are getting tips from fairly reliable sources that over 900 million Ken in under-the-table bets were made. The State Treasury could have made so much from this one match if gambling was only made legal, do you think they should?"

"It's not my place to weed into this issue but I think from that number you just shared, and I'd assume that a good portion of the populace probably participated in one form or another, it is clear people want to see this happen. I can only imagine the amount raised in bets should the Shukuro do make it beyond the quarterfinals, and ultimately, the final match," said Kenji, and then Shibata responded briefly, "I think they needed to approve it yesterday, in fact, right at the beginning of the competition. I hope the National Assembly gets on this immediately."

"Both of you, in less than thirty seconds, now with the Blacksuns behind us, do you think the Gallambrians will beat the Shukuro?"

"No, no. They'll lose to us or tie. 2-2 at most. Both we and they are the best teams in the competition at the moment and this match shows that we're willing to do whatever it takes to maintain our place." Tenzai nodded, "I concur though I want to say that their forward, McLaren, he's good. Thu may be good but McLaren is a different beast altogether and though the Gallambrians have scored less overall, they do have a few surprises so if I were Tadao, I'd see what moves you can deploy to counteract him."

"We're all out of time. The Kipanese Shukuro play the Gallambrian Lions next week in Bromwich. As always you can livestream the match on NBK or listen to the play-by-play of the game on NBK Sports Radio 2. Until next time, goodbye."

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• By Rihan
      The Argic and Northern Alharu Football Association's League Cup begins!
      Eligible teams have been approved by the Authority and the schedule of matches have been locked. The first phase of the Cup will be a round robin competition, where every team will play one another once. The two lowest scoring teams at the conclusion of the phase will be eliminated and the eight remaining teams will move forward to a strict knock-out round. As there are ten teams, the first phase will occur over nine weeks starting this week and concluding on during the last week of November. The Quarterfinals occur on 12/4, the semifinals on 12/12 and the final on 12/18.
      Participating Teams:  Iverica, Variota, Aluxia, Ahrana, Seylos, Limonaia, Fulgistan, Prymont, Derthalen, Soreana
      Please refer to the following link for the match-ups for the round-robin phase. These have been randomly generated: http://tournamentscheduler.net/schedule/NjQyODE4OTY0Ng.
      1st Matches: 10/11 2nd Matches: 10/20 3rd Matches: 10/24 4th Matches: 10/30 5th Matches: 11/8 6th Matches: 11/13 7th Matches: 11/19 8th Matches: 11/28 9th Matches: 11/30 Results of each match will be randomly generated and posted in this thread on the appointed day. As mentioned in the registration thread, it is strongly encouraged that involved teams post over the course of the Cup.
      Good luck to all the teams involved!
    • By Rihan
      The Argis and Northern Alharu Football Association (ANAFA) and the Southern Alharu, Thalassian, Aurelian and Marenesian Football Confederation (SATAMFC) will both be having their respective league cups start on 8th October (this upcoming Monday). This post walks through the teams that make up each confederation that is slated to appear in each competitive grouping (specific match-ups will be not be determined until the night before).

The slated participating countries are the following:
      ANAFA: Iverica, Prymont, Soreana, Ahrana, Sayf, Derthalen, Seylos, Limonaia, Variota, Fulgistan
      SATAMFC: Rihan, Kipan, Faramount, Sunset Sea Islands, Asgeirria, Shffarika, Andalla, Gallambria, Pallamara, Mauridiviah

Results of each match will be generated using the FIFA web generator used for the World Cup back at the beginning of the summer (following this cycle of matches, a more formal formula will be devised). Each slated match will only be generated once on the day of the match in question. 

Prymont, Limonaia, and I strongly encourage participating countries to write posts over the course of the League Cups. These do not need to specifically match reviews, but they also individuals at home reacting, or a journalist reporting on the result of the match, or even actions occurring during the match itself (coach yelling at players for example). We do not want to be too demanding, but it would great if people could write a few paragraphs (2-4 at minimum). It is my personal intention of trying to use the information generated in these posts to write detailed wiki pages following the end of the competitions that will add flavor beyond just match score results. If you need help generating some ideas for such posts, feel free to run some ideas by the three of us.

Please look here UENA Football Teams for team information. Many of the teams in the above list have already provided such information in the past and hence, do not need to do this again. Ahrana, Sayf, Seylos, Faramount, Andalla, and Pallamara: I need team information (see the UENA Football Teams category on iiWiki) from you.

All slated participants from the above lists must post a response in this thread recognizing that they've read the above post by no later than Sunday afternoon 1pm ET. Their response will be accepted as formal registration for these games. If an above-slated participant does not respond by the deadline, they will be replaced with another potential nation who will be contacted by me.
    • By Upper Strathyclyde
      National League - Season to Start Soon

Stockholm Badgers - 0-0-0

Oslo Sand Sharks - 0-0-0

US Army Football - 0-0-0

Komzestan National Team - 0-0-0

Free Anarchy National Elite - 0-0-0

---------------------------------

Stockholm Versus Komzestan - Stockholm

Oslo Versus Free Anarchy National - Oslo

Komzestan Versus US Army - TIE

Stockhom Versus Free Anarchy - Stockholm

Oslo Versus Stockhom - Stockholm

Free anarchy Bowl - Stockholm vs Oslo

STOCKHOLM
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Murdercubism is now an officially recognised religion Alphonse von Wallenstein, 09 December 2018 15:12 A young "kommando" devotee of the Murder Cube paying his respects at the Prince Willem Armoury Museum In 2004, artist Norm Alfred unveiled a masterpiece at the Prince Willem Armoury Museum, Gottesberg. He envisioned his “magnum opus” - hundreds of discarded firearms sculpted into a giant cube - to be the creation of art through the destruction of weapons, a powerful and lasting monument to peace. But as old wisdom tells us, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Alfred certainly saw beauty in his work. It’s a fantastic work of art, after all. However, to the wider Rhodellian internet community, it was beautiful in a different, more grizzly way. The exhibit opened to the general public without much fanfare. But, within weeks, hundreds of visitors were suddenly flocking to see it. These beholders weren’t the daisy-chaining, “kumbaya”-singing hippies Alfred had expected. Instead, his art piece had become the unlikely pilgrimage site of many thousands of young Rhodellian netizens wielding gas masks and old surplus rifles (jokingly referred to as “nuggets”). Each would kneel to the great monolith, offering tributes ranging from cans of Chef Boyardee to “milk for the cornflakes”. Together they would chant “Ave nex alea” and "Cheeki breeki" among other tongue-in-cheek slogans . They saw no symbol of peace, but a tribute to death and destruction. To them, this was their almighty monolith: The Murder Cube. Every year, dozens of thousands of young Rhodellians embark on pilgrimages to the Murder Cube. Pilgrims come from all walks of life. They range from students wishing for the best marks on their school marksmanship exams, to conscripts entering national service after college, to boots praying for success as professional soldiers, marines, airmen, and sailors. Increased traffic to the Prince Willem Armoury Museum has led to the Murder Cube being moved to bigger rooms (twice), road improvements being constructed all over the local area, and a bustling local tourist industry capitalising on the year-wide influx of pilgrims. None of this shows any sign of slowing down.  What might have started out as an in-joke from some shady corner of the internet has grown into a staple of Rhodellian popular culture. As of December 6, 2018, 14 years after its creation, the glorious Murder Cube had ascended to new heights transcending that of cyberspace. A new addition appeared on the Department of State’s roster of officially recognised religions: Murdercubism. News of this grew viral across many social media platforms, with many struggling to believe that worship of the Murder Cube was now, unironically, eligible to be recorded on legal documents. The majority of responses are positive thus far with many Rhodellians internet communities celebrating this development as a cultural victory. On the other hand, many other netizens felt more skeptical, stating that “the joke went too far” and that Murdercubism’s recent recognition as a valid religion was a "letdown to the many other smaller and unrecognised cultures present in a truly rich and diverse Rhodellian nation”.  Regardless of Murdercubism's official status, countless young devotees will continue to embark on grand pilgrimages just to see their monolith and praise its glorious name wherever they may be. It seems that the Murder Cube, Rhodellia’s unofficial patron deity, is here to stay.
    • Vardin El Al hadn't canceled flights to Aluxia's capital since the civil war had erupted. Four Shai operatives had been assigned to make their way to the territory held by the Free Aluxian Army and to provide their 'services.' The plane had landed at Vardin's modest airport - it didn't see many flights daily. On their plane alone, there were only a handful of people - exactly 10. Some in the airline business would say that operating such flights were unsustainable but the Government mandated the company continue its schedule on an illusion of confidence in the current Imperial throne and to 'be prepared for further activity' should the need be required. The head of the operation was an experienced agent by the name Raphael Bauman, who had shown talent in basic training to be given an opportunity to serve his country in the reconnaissance squad of the elite 1st Golani Division of the Army. Following several successful operations, the nation's intelligence bureau, the Shai, heard of his talents and had him brought off the front lines and to work from the shadows. His instructions were quite explicit: connect with the Free Army by whatever means. It wasn't the first time his superiors had given him no guidance whatsoever. The Aluxian officials glanced at his passport with considerable care. Clearly, there were tensions and they were not as much to do with the war as it was from where he was coming from, let alone his own appearance. Despite this, the Aluxian inspectors had bigger fish to catch than cause an incident with him and so let him on his way. He emerged from the terminal building and witnessed the first hints of concern in Vardin. Soldiers were everywhere. From the building entrance to the gates of the entire airport. The reigning monarch didn't take anything for granted. He may have controlled the capital but fighting a civil war in this day in age was far different than if it had occurred at the turn of the last century, or even further back in time. Due to the war, travelers were light and there was all but one car waiting out front - it was for him and his colleagues. "Your friend Uri sent me to collect you," said the driver. Raphael nodded and nodded to his fellow operatives and all got into the car. Just as they exited the airport, they were halted by soldiers. "Where are you going?" asked the commanding soldier. "Tikva Mission, Embassy Quarter." The squad of soldiers eyed them and returned their gaze to the driver. "These two trucks of men will escort you," the commanding officer said. The driver nodded and turned back to his passengers. "Paranoia over rebel attack," he said, "has them all on edge." Bauman didn't respond and thought to himself particularly because the rebels were hundreds of miles away and wherein no position to assault the capital anytime soon.  The now-convoy of vehicles made their way towards the center of the capital. Driving through the suburban ring and into the center, soldiers were ever-present. "Martial law is in effect," said one loudspeaker they drove past. "Please comply with all regulations." The driver remarked, "it's been like this for nearly two weeks. Won't be changing anytime soon." Soon enough the vehicles reached the barricaded Embassy Quarter where hundreds of Aluxians were arguing with soldiers and law enforcement personnel to get through - all of whom wanted to escape the country and the chaos unfolding. Their escort peeled away and returned to the airport while their car slipped through the gates and approached the Mission. Ambassador Asimov was waiting for them outside. "Brothers and sisters, I am happy to hear that you made it," he announced as the group of four got out. "We have much to talk about it, Bauman," the ambassador paused, "I have a gift for you in the basement, I will have Aram bring it up." The group of five moved to Uri's study to begin their meeting. Idle chit-chat while Aram brought Raphael's 'gift' upstairs. He placed it on the table in front of them, "thank you, you are dismissed." He took his leave. "Now, let's get right to the chance. We do not have long. You might have gotten into Vardin, getting out of it is incredibly difficult," he paused before continuing. "I have some items that may aid your mission including a rough sketch of the Vardin sewers compiled by some...contacts I have within the Imperial Security units here. I recommend you use it to guide yourselves through to the outskirts of the city. I have some burner phones with pre-paid cards for inter-team communications. I have also placed in a small directory of essential numbers. Do not lose it under any circumstances. Eat it if you must, but memorize first." "Along with the standard gear you'd probably need. I've also managed to sneak you a few weapons that I purchased on the 'grey' market. Ammo is also included. Be careful with your supply. I am aware of your brief mission getting in contact with the FAA. It is much too challenging to go straight across the country where the fighting is stewing. Instead, there is another location that may be far easier to liaise with them. Make your way north to Chukba. I hear they are making a push there in the very near future." The ambassador scanned the room. "Any questions?" "What about the 10 million Shekels we're contributing," said one of the four operatives. "I've already taken care of it. Do not worry about it. You have more important things that concerning yourself with the disbursement of dark money." Seeing no other inquiries, he concluded his conversation with the group, "stay here in the embassy this evening, and make your way to the sewer grate in the back of the compound after midnight. You have to be out of the sewers by sunrise." Each operative shook his hand and got up. Raphael was the last to stand up and shake Uri's hand. He was pulled in closer. "You have to hurry and get to Chukba. I haven't heard from Kuzha Yosef Khaimov and Mikel Levitin in five days." Bauman nodded. "We'll find out what's going on." Uri escorted him out to his colleagues. "Feel free to use the third-floor guest rooms to prepare."
    • The Kirvinska counterpart to the Rihannsu and Shffahkian plans of expansion on Aurelia, Blood in the Snow, takes the form of the unfortunate meddling and panache that could come from only one man: a young son of an old Duke's Musketeer, set out to a border province on word of a possible commission. The hot-blooded energy of his youth drives him to actions that any other man would have ignored, and through a series of unfortunate duels, the status of the Cagora valley is suddenly thrown into jeopardy. The once self-sustaining river valley, robbed of its leadership, is driven into the arms of its former overlord- the newly ascendant Kirvina, bolstered by its new status as a member of a powerful League- the Aurelian League. Blood in the Snow plays out in five acts, the first introducing the young man driving its events and the unfortunate mission which took him to Cagora to begin with. It is not an eventline which directly affects most of you out there, but is simply a narrative adventure for your literary pleasure, and should be treated as such: a window into the flair and flamboyance of a culture long gone. Through it one may hear the stories of things lost to the past- duels, noble love, and ultimately the fate of a Duchy. I am open to take any questions about it, the way and timeframe in which it will be completed, and the nature of the political climate surrounding it. Barring any changes, the current completion date for this expansion will be MARCH 1, 2019. The layout of the Cagora river valley is placed below for your convenience. Moderators Involved: @Sunset Sea Islands Players Involved: @Rihan @Shffahkia List to be updated at leisure.
    • @Orioni, I have taken some time to think about the map placement and this is probably the best option as I can justify the Samarran Valley right on the southern border. Plus even if Cashar is 'dormant' no harm in at least having someone share a border with. If this is the ultimate placement, then placement of cities remain except that Harel is at the confluence of the river and the sea, Katzilya is to its right, and Adora further to the right a third of the way to the eastern edge. Ayalon would be placed inland, rather central on the image above. I think adding any other cities to this plot would make it too busy. Let me know if there is anything else you need.