Tagmatium Rules

Agios Basilikon Foreign Affairs

FF2GAwK.jpg

As it appears that the relations between the nations that surround the Auraid Bay has continued to deteriorate, with a state of almost undeclared war existing between the Kingdom of @PyeMcGowan and the State of @Theodoria and numerous terrorist attacks within PyeMcGowan, the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion is putting in place a travel warning to is citizens. It is hereby recommended that any Arhomaioi who travel to either PyeMcGowan or Theodoria exercise extreme caution, especially in the cities of PyeMcGowan. The Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion would consider it best that no citizen travel to those two nations, as a state of open warfare may very well break out within the immediate future.

If any Arhomaniki citizen does choose to travel to either PyeMcGowan or Theodoria, they could very well find themselves in life-threatening circumstances. The Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion will, of course, endeavour to come to their aid, but if conflict does start between those nations, then it may well not be possible or take time for that aid to come to them. It is recommended that they cease any travelling in the region and make their way back to Arhomaneia via the Kingdom of @Alenveil.

Whilst the situation in Alenveil appears to be much safer, it is recommended that any citizen there keeps themselves abreast of any changes in the situation and the events within the Auraid Bay region. The Logothesion ton Barbaron expects that Alenveil may get involved in any conflict between Theodoria and PyeMcGowan in some capacity.

God will guide you and keep you safe within the Auraid Bay region, so long as you keep Him within your hearts. May God also help peace come to that region, and keep not just the people of Arhomaneia safe, but all of those in that region.

• Like 2

FF2GAwK.jpg

To: The Foreign Ministry of the Sovereign Imperium of Machina @Haruspex

From: the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of the Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomanion

Honoured friends,

It has come to the attention of the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion that the Imperial Navy of the Sovereign Imperium conducted a naval training exercise in the Krankes Thalassa, otherwise known as the Ranke Sea in Anglic. Whilst this is indeed international waters, it could not have escaped the attention of your government that it lies very close to both the Arhomaniki protectorate of Defnascir and mainland Arhomaneia. There are very little in the way of treaties that govern the use of international waters for large military exercises in this manner and Arhomaneia respects that, but it must have been seen that the the proximity of a large foreign naval force would be a cause for consternation for my nation.

It would have been considered a courtesy to have forewarned the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of these exercises and would have taken little effort on the part of the Sovereign Imperium to do so.

Due to the current commitments of the Basilikoploimon, the Arhomaniki Imperial Navy, in eastern Argis and elsewhere, the sea lanes around Defnascir and the north eastern coast of the Megas Agios Basileia are especially busy with both civilian and naval traffic. That your naval force undertook a night gun exercise and simulation air-to-air combat without seeing fit to warn the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of it is, frankly, very foolhardy. It could very easily have led to an incident that both our nations would have very quickly regretted.

Please do not take this as a rejection of our nations' valued friendship. If the government of the Sovereign Imperium had informed my government of the naval exercise beforehand, there would have been no issue whatsoever. Indeed, perhaps in the future our two nations could carry out such exercises together, to demonstrate to the rest of Eurth the strength of the Occident and the unshakeable bond that we have forged through adversity.

However, as much as the Leader of the Free World, Kommodos III, by the Grace of Christ the God, the faithful Agios Basileos kai Aukokrator ton Arhomaioi, does not wish for our nations' relations to get off on the back foot ahead of the coronation of Crown Prince Ji'mar Be'la Kyorl as emperor, please consider this a formal complaint.

May God bring peace between our two great nations,

Eugenios Goulielmos,

Megas Logothetes

of the

Logothesion ton Barbaron

of the

Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomanion

• Like 2
  • Love 1

FF2GAwK.jpg

To: Masayasu Shibahara, Minister of Foreign Relations of the Radiant Republic of the @Sunset Sea Islands

From: the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of the Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomanion

Dear Minister,

May I first congratulate you and your great nation on the referendum that was carried out, and the fresh new start that it represents. It is a bold and striking path that the Radiant Republic has set out upon, and I do not doubt that God will smile upon your endeavours, so long as you hold Him within your hearts.

It has undoubtedly not escaped your attention that in recent months, the relations between our two great nations have suffered somewhat. There are numerous reasons for this, but it is felt by the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion that first and foremost is the cultural differences between the Megas Agios Basileia and the Radiant Republic. After all, our nations are thousands of miles apart and rarely had much in the way of even a chance of contact until modern times. This has caused an rift between our nations, and this has fuelled – and been fuelled by – the fact that Arhomaneia and the Sunset Sea Islands have been on differing sides of international incidents.

I fear that your people's perception of the Arhomaioi is one of overly pious, perhaps fundamentalist God-botherers, too concerned with the Hereafter to live properly on Eurth. Similarly, at times it may seem that the average Arhomaios views the Sunset Sea Islanders as obsessed with technology and the temporal wurld, willing to play God and neglect their spiritual needs.

Therefore, I have been charged by the Agios Basileos kai Autokrator to put before you a possible solution. Essentially, it is suggested that we undertake a cultural exchange, so that our people can see the best of what our nations can offer – it could be as simple as a loan of artwork or historical artefacts in order to set up an exhibition, or perhaps a national tour from an orchestra. It can be demonstrated by Arhomaneia that it isn't just a country of white-washed churches and burning candles, but the heir of thousands of years of art, learning and philosophy. Similarly, the Radiant Republic will be able to show that the Sunset Sea Islands are truly the flower of the ocean.

I appreciate that, in the aftermath of your nation's recent referendum, that your government will be very busy with the transition period that is ahead of you. Nonetheless, I, my government and my monarch await your reply with keen interest.

The Light of God will always shine through,

Eugenios Goulielmos,

Megas Logothetes

of the

Logothesion ton Barbaron

of the

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
  • Love 1

H5aKQin.png

To: the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of the Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomanion @Tagmatium Rules

From: Masayasu Shibahara, Minister of Foreign Relations of the Radiant Republic of the Sunset Sea Islands

Esteemed Eugenios Goulielmos of the Logothesion ton Barbaron of the Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomanion,

allow me to express the gratitude of our most humble nation for Your kind words regarding our recent advancements. The honour of an ancient Empire such as Yours recognising the progress of a comparably young nation, such as our own, is cherished by the Radiant Republic's people and government alike.

Ever since our liberation from the oppressive regimes of the past, the Sunset Sea Islands were strong supporters of the right to self-determination, regarding both individuals and nation states. Therefore, whilst, unfortunately, prejudice can never truly be stomped out, the Radiant Republic respects the Tagmatine state and their choice to devote themselves to a higher cause.

The millennia of cultural development laying the groundwork for the Greater Holy Empire known throughout the world today continue to inspire historians around the world, including our own. Whilst supranaturalist devotion is uncommon in the Sunset Sea Islands, its importance in the history of the human race as a whole can not and will not be underestimated, even though the Radiant Republic does not practice religion on a national or governmental level.

A common misconception is that the Radiant Republic rejects any form of supranaturalism. This, however, is false. We strive to understand the world in which we live through the tools accessible and conceivable by us. What lies at the end of this grand voyage is unclear and it would be unprofessional to claim that it might not be a higher entity worthy of reverence. Although, as I am sure, You are aware of this already, the inhabitants of the Sunset Sea Islands are not heathens, rather a people searching for what lies beyond, capable of accepting reality as it is, whatever it might turn out to be.

Although the paths we have chosen might differ, there is not a shred of doubt in the hearts the people I am grateful to represent, that our nations strive to a common goal: the best for our people. Whether by spiritual care or the search for new wisdom to aid those in need, our contrasting nations are united by the love for their people.

A cultural exchange between our nations might surely foster the mutual understanding of our ideals, morals and decisions. Wherever there is a chance to learn something new or to cooperate with someone to expand shared horizons, it ought to be seized. We believe it would be beneficial for both our nations to create a joint catalogue of cultural exchange programmes, ranging from exhibitions to student exchanges and foreign studies.

Let me end with an excerpt from one of Your holy scriptures, which I find most fitting for this occasion:

"benedixitque illis Deus et ait crescite et multiplicamini et replete terram et subicite eam et dominamini piscibus maris et volatilibus caeli et universis animantibus quae moventur super terram"

"God blessed them and said to them, >>Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.<<"

Whether this command has been issued by a higher entity or conceived by a human mind to guide civilisation to ascension, subduing the material world and expanding on the mandate of the human race forms the prime directive of the Radiant Republic as we explore the universe for answers to the oldest questions our species can recall asking.

Doing so without our Tagmatine brethren would be a loss for the entirety of human civilisation, that we are assured of.

I hope for Your prayers to come to fruition and for Your deity to smile upon You.

Masayasu Shibahara, Minister of Foreign Relations of the Radiant Republic of the Sunset Sea Islands

4w86Kuv.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

To: The Holy Imperial Government of the Greater Holy Empire of Tagmatium

From: Yiu Amistacia, Chairman of The Unitary Conglomerate of Galahinda

I, Yiu Amistacia, wish to extend my thanks not only for your kind words towards our nation but to your willingness to accept our nation as a friend in these times. It is our stance that the broader our diplomatic ties spread, that our nation will grow all the more prosperous as a result. The future of our nation lies in the international community; as such, we are proud to accept your invitation to establish an embassy.

We are keenly aware- perhaps more so than any other nation- that the cultural shift that has taken place not only since the recession of 1983, but my recent appointment as Chairman of the Corporate Board has been one of extremes. It is essential for us to recognize that not every nation has the capacity or willingness to understand and accept our culture. As a result, we are deeply moved by the willingness of His Majesty, Kommodos III, to foster positive relations, despite the easier option of labeling us as nothing more than Godless Heathens. Similarly, a more ignorant government would label you as nothing more than uptight holier-than-thou fanatics, but this would not only be a grave error but a betrayal of years of friendly relations and common decency.

Furthermore, we would be thrilled to construct an embassy that pleases you in our newly established Place Internationale.

Best wishes,

Yiu Amistacia, Chairman.

Edited by Galahinda
  • Like 4

FF2GAwK.jpg

To: Sigrid Anastasia Anne Victoria Florence-Goring of Strasburg, Federal President of the Ahranaian Federation

Your Excellency,

Since the revolution that overthrew the Unified Imperial Kingdom, the Megas Agios Basileia has not had true diplomatic relations with @Ahrana. My government and those of the states that preceded the Ahranaian Federation have, of course, been in contact, but rarely for happy reasons. Mainly, the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion was condemning the actions that were being undertaken by the Ahranaian government of the time. Whilst Arhomaneia still stands by its actions over the last few years, it is high time that our nations turned over a new leaf.

It has been more than a year since you ascended to the highest office in Ahrana and that year has seen the fortunes of your nation turn around. No longer is the name Ahrana a byword for instability and chaos. Instead, your nation now stands as once again one of the key players within central Argis. The Federation is a beacon of hope to all the war-torn and unhappy nations in the wurld, demonstrating that their situations can be turned around and that they can become steady and prosperous countries once again, able to guarantee their citizens, and their children, happy lives. Very few other nations could go from bloody civil war to a peaceful and democratic hand over of power in less than two years. That, I think, will be a lasting testament to the Ahranaian people.

Therefore, the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion proposes that our nations resume normal diplomatic relations and once again exchanges embassies. The Ahrana of this year is a very different one to that of two years ago and I hope, and the Agios Basileos kai Autokrator hopes as well, that this is the start of a great new chapter in the history of our nations.

May God grant you and your nation the peace that you deserve,

Eugenios Goulielmos

Megas Logothetes

of the

Logothesion ton Barbaron

of the

• Like 2

FF2GAwK.jpg

To: the Government of the Federal Republic of Stalgora (@SamNorth)

Premiere Kariana Vinterness,

Your excellency,

Our nations have had little in the way of contact in the past and this is undoubtedly much to the detriment of the Arhomaniki people and state. I could say that it is because our nations are so far apart and separated by not just geography, but climate as well. Yours are a hardy people that live on the edge of the wurld, next to the bitter cold of the Argic circle, whilst the Arhomaioi live in what is often known as the heart of the civilised wurld in Europa, as the region that Stalgora lies in is said to be the Crown of Eurth.

This is, of course, no excuse. Not as the wurld becomes a smaller place through advance of technology. Ice breakers, aeroplanes and, of course, communication technology mean what would have hindered contact and trade a century ago are no longer problems, or at least as much of an obstacle in the modern day. That, of course, comes as no news to the Federal Republic, as can be seen by your nation's burgeoning aerospace industry, one that will undoubtedly continue to grow and challenge the current leaders of that field and become a leader amongst them.

The lands of your nation, harsh and unforgiving, have undoubted forged a strong people, just as the rich and fertile lands of my nation gave birth to one of the most enduring civilisations in the wurld. Whilst on the face of it, our countries are strikingly different, I do not doubt for a moment that these differences can readily be overcome and that they may even compliment each other.

In order to start the relations between our countries, so that they might one day grow to become something more, I suggest our nations undertake an exchange of embassies. If your excellency agrees, I will confer with my nation's diplomatic service in order to select a candidate that is felt to be suitable. If you do the same, I can then begin the process of finding an appropriate embassy within my nation's capital, Tagmatika.

May God see to it that this is the start of a long and happy cooperation between our two glorious nations,

Eugenios Goulielmos

Megas Logothetes

of the

Logothesion ton Barbaron

of the

• Like 2

FF2GAwK.jpg

To: The offices of The Third Circle (Foreign Affairs Ministry), via Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth, on behalf of the Emperor of the Sovereign Imperium of Machina @Haruspex

Honoured allies,

The Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion is shocked to learn about the expulsion of the Arhomaniki observers and aid workers from the Glorious Dominate, and double so by the fact that Arhomaneia has had to learn about this expulsion from Haru media. I appreciate that recent events have caused significant strain on the relations between our two great nations, but I once again feel that I must point out that it would have been at the very least a courtesy to your allies to have given us advanced warning that this was the intention of your government to do so. Certainly, finding out after the fact when personnel from the Tagmata start to return to Arhomaneia was something of a surprise, and not one that was very much appreciated.

The events in Koussoeia have definitely become a crisis of international proportions. That Arhomaneia has joined a coalition of nations coming to the aid of the Christians that your nation is expelling should not be taken as a rejection of the friendship between our two honoured nations. Far from it - the Sovereign Imperium remains a key strategic partner of Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion, especially with regards to peace and stability in the Occident specifically and Europa as a whole. This coalition is merely a multilateral humanitarian reaction to the crisis that has unfolded after your nation's invasion of the Glorious Dominate.

Rather than expelling the Arhomaioi present within the occupied territories with no forewarning, a better course of action may well have been to communicate with my government to see if a solution could have been found that would have enabled at least the aid workers to remain where they could help those who need it. I realise your government and monarch had misgivings over their presence, as well as the presence of the observers from the Arhomaniki military. His imperial majesty, Kommodos III, by the Grace of Christ the God, the faithful Agios Basileos kai Aukokrator ton Arhomaioi was grateful that his imperial majesty Ji'Mar Be'la Kyorl acquiesced to those requests. It, however, could be seen as ill-judged to expel them at a time when the rapport between our peoples needs to be preserved and even nurtured, so that we may come through these trying times with a closer friendship.

Nonetheless, I must ask that you consider this a formal complaint.

May it please God to see our nations grow stronger together,

Eugenios Goulielmos,

Megas Logothetes

of the

Logothesion ton Barbaron

of the

• Like 2

2Mqg4oN.jpg

To: The offices of  the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of the Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomanion
From: The Council of the Nine, on behalf of the Sovereign Imperium of Machina Haruspex

Ally and Neighbor,

In this emergence from our silence after the great collapse that shook this Eurth, from the death of our beloved Sa'Karn, Hero of the Reunification War, Visionary of the citizenry to look beyond our border, we take it upon the actions and ideals of him, to reconnect with our southern neighbor, The Greater Holy Empire of @Tagmatium Rules

The decree that the observers, both civil and military, has been recalled. We, the Council of Nine have stymied our current Lord's ill advised pursuit of this nature, that it would not do to sully our alliance with another great power of old. While we cannot press our forces to yield in the Northern Territories, perhaps we can better direct those of imperial rank within these lands. 

We are certain you are aware of the hardliners, so we the council will be taking a 'soft touch' approach into administering our own, more progressive commanders into the North, hopefully this will allow mediation, and an ease in moving so many across hundreds of kilometers in whichever fashion is used to expedite them.

You may at your discretion, redirect any observer personnel, including the Red Cross back to the North, where they shall have the full rights as the other nations now involved. For those already there, the point of contact within the Haru Imperial Legions, will be that of Fleet-Lord Kaorin, who now operates out of the Port of Ulusk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1