• Announcements

• Orioni

Hello new member   02/03/2018

Welcome to Europa. This site is part of the region of Europa in the online game NationStates. The region of Europa is a diverse community of nations, with a wide range of political and ideological values, working together through various institutions and alliances - at least when they're not threatening to go to war with each other. Whether you want to play it safe with a liberal democracy, set up a communist regime, or rule your citizens with an iron fist and the threat of turning them into dog food, Europa is a great region to play in. As one of the oldest regions in the game, everybody who's anybody wants to try their hand at ruling their own country right here in Europa. Just head on over to the Forum and have a read through the sticky threads. If you're curious about how all of this work, we've included some helpful links to get you started. A good place to start is our Hitchhickers Guide to Europa. Roleplayers will be glad to see our honest and fair RP rules. Check out our map versions and discover how to apply. Experiencing problem with this website? Our helpdesk is always open. Have fun! -- The Europans Team
Sign in to follow this  

Arx Arms (ARX) is the largest producer and developer of Iverican small arms and heavy weapons. It is a partner of the Toledo Group and utilises equipment and facilities shared by other partners. It maintains its headquarters and chief operating facilities in Corregidor, Iverica.

Originally founded in 1700 as a small gun-smithing company out of Corregidor by Arno Suisa, ARX now produces over 80% of Republican Armed Service ballistic weaponry and 90% of RAS protective gear. It developed and currently produces systems such as the AGP (General-Purpose) Rifle, 12.8 cm ARX MBTSG (Main Battle Tank Smoothbore Gun), and Mk-VI Armadura "Arma" plate and plate carrier system.

Arx Arms cooperates with THI at a near permanent basis to contribute to the instalment and maintenance of weaponry on military vehicles. ARX is also licensed by the Iverican Commerce Ministry for operations and distribution abroad.

(full descriptions to be added as future articles)

(Small Arms, and Body Armour Catalogue TBA)

Toledo Heavy Industries manufactures 90% of the components for ARX ground vehicles. ARX oversees assembly and quality control but exclusively manufactures all munitions and weaponry for vehicles. Diversifying production and dividing manufacture efforts with THI allows ARX optimum ability to focus on strict quality control, weapon design and development. 

The Universal Combat Vehicle (UCV) platform was a project commissioned in 1985 by the Republican Armed Service (RAS). The goal was the creation of a set of modules, components and designs that could standardise construction and maintenance of military vehicles. The project would allow for faster production, reduced maintenance cost, and streamlined development of future projects. It was largely successful and in 2002, the 40-series, 30-series, and marine-assault UCA series were released. the UCV platform is now the basis for over 80% of RAS's vehicle pool. Over the years, it has proved indispensable to all branches, by simplifying maintenance procedures, and allowing for far cheaper, easier and faster shipping/transportation.

The UCV series is ideal for militaries operating in irregular terrain or terrain challenged by bodies of water. Vehicles of the UCV family can be easily stripped of modules or appliqué armour for transport by train or ship en masse. Restriction in storage space are also eaily overcome by the UCVs ability to be easily reduced in size by removal of the main gun or extremity perihperals.

Main Battle Tank

• UC-42 "Léon" 

40 metric ton MBT based on the Universal Combat Vehicle platform. Allows for reduction of weight or instalments of modular kits such as, anti-aircraft capability, electronic warfare capability, sensor suite, air-to-ground coordination, and infantry coordination. Designed especially to handle mountainous or archipelagic topography with pneumatic-hydraulic suspension and excellent power-to-weight ratio. Main armament is a 12.8 cm ARX smoothbore capable of firing MPAT, Sabot, HEAT, and ATGM. Léon may also carry additional pintle-mounted HMG or turret mounted SAM rack. Protection includes a configurable set of alloyed armour which may include ballistic-ceramic layers, explosive-reactive armour, and thermal-reflective coating (to the user's discretion).

The Léon was built with asymmetrical, manoeuver, and combined-arms warfare in mind. The cost per unit justifies its flexibility and force-multiplying capabilities as a multi-role battle tank, mobile communications and sensor base, and anti-aircraft platform.

Safety measures include all-around NBC (nuclear, biological, and chemical weapon) protection, Hallon gas fire-suppression system, bulkhead separation of munitions, modular (optional) soft-kill anti-missile systems, chaff and smoke launchers.

Armored Transport

• UC-30 "Pantera"

The 30-ton armored vehicle was designed to fill the roles of an infantry fighting vehicle, armoured transport, and fire support vehicle for both Exersito, and Republican Marine Corps. It is capable of 70 kph on road, wading up to depths of 5 meters, and transporting 6-8 troops. It is capable of anti-infantry, anti-armour, anti-aircraft (limited) support with its armament of a 30 mm auto-cannon, x2 7.62 mm MG, x1 pintle-mounted 12.7 mm HMG, ATGM (turret mounted), and SAM option (modular).

• UCA-33 "Tercio"

The UCA-33 is an amphibious landing armoured assault vehicle designed specifically for the Republican Marine Corps. It was designed with armour-protection as its chief strength and features chaff, flare, anti-magnetic, and thermal reflective coatings as countermeasures for guided missile weaponry. It also utilises spaced, and explosive-reactive armour to further enhance its protective capabilities. It is armed with twin-40mm grenade launchers mounted on the offset turret, and a pintle-mounted 12.7 mm HMG. The Tercio can carry up to 20 marines or supplies and recovery equipment.

Edited by Iverica

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• A military trade agreement between the nations of Fleur de Lys and Astriedan. "Following a rather small and fast contact with one of our representative in travel in Astriedan, it has come to our intention the will of the United Houses to modernised its aerial component of its military force. Which is why, in agreement of what we understood, I allow myself as DC of Aérospatiale to write you this letter to further know your intentions and in the hope of developing the needs and how we may fill them."
      • 11 replies
    • Summer has started in Antargis. The land of the eternal ice is being flooded with diffuse light, the ice slowly retreats, penguin chicks hatch and cute little seal pups open their round eyes for the first time. Whales graze on the abundant masses of plankton and krill cumulating in the frigid waters. But this year, something is different about the southernmost continent. There is a building standing between dunes of snow amidst the freezing haze. It is the Simon Station, the ISTC's foothold on the frozen continent.
        • Love
      • 5 replies
    • Morheim creates the Treaty for Cultural and Historical Exchange (TCHE), a multi-national organisation designed to promote co-operation in several academic fields as well as opening its citizen's eyes to the cultures of neighbours and potential friends. It is their hope that you will accept my invitation to meet with Queen Julia III and her team at Thale Royal Palace to discuss this concept and reach a mutually acceptable treaty which will kick-start this ambition of a young Archaeology student.
        • Love
      • 22 replies
    • Tonight on Ahrana Today (AT) we have a special edition on the Communist Takeover. It is important to know and understand how regimes rise and fall. Tonight we focus on the new Government of Ahrana, the Communist. In order for us to truly understand, we must go back to where it all began, and see why the movement was so successful. Now is the time to show the world why the Communist are here.
      • 40 replies
    • TO ALL ATARA MEMBERS & OBSERVERS: The Interim Administration of the Argic-Thalassan-Alharun Regional Association wishes to congratulate the delegate and the delegate's great nation for fonal acceptance into this economic cooperative. In keepin with the confirmation of our esteemed member and observer states, we are formally extending this official invitation to the signing ceremony of the ATARA Charter.
      • 19 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Hello everyone! I have been here since last January and has been lurking around discord, but realised I haven't introduced myself formally here I'm not new to the roleplay and NS world, but I can't say that I am an expert either. I came here because I see you guys have a dope map. (and the biggest so far lol)   About me personally, I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. My hobby is writing, reading, worldbuilding, maps, and other nerdy kinds of stuff. I'm still in High School and yeah. I think that should be enough lol. If you want to ask anything please don't hesitate!
    • Can we just take a step back here. @Poland-Lithuania, @Prymont, @Variota, @Gallambria, @Iverica I'm at work currently, so I can't spare the time for a lengthy reply. But lets put this into perspective. Just calling out those who have been involved, because I'd like the discussion to continue, but I want to pull this back a bit first.  Firstly, can we address the concept of what is RP (roleplay) and what is OOC (Out of character). RP posts are those actually pertaining to the actually story line you are playing out. Out of character being discussion with other RPers around said RP and to flesh out planning, realism, etc, etc. Apologies if I sound patronising by going right back to basics, but I think it's just important to highlight that here.  This is an OOC discussion. All map expansion posts should be OOC discussions, and should always start as such, with agreement for all neighbours before an expansion goes ahead. The purpose of the OOC discussion is to, as I said, flesh out the ideas and back planning. Expect constructive criticism, as that is the purpose, especially for those new to the scene. The point of this isn't to explain how something won't work, but how to best achieve what you want in a realistic way.  I'm also going to have to step in with my Mod hat on too here: Can we please keep this civil. @Poland-Lithuania Can you go back to the start please. I appreciate you've outlined this a lot in your first post, but can we just wind it back. Can you summarise, intent, and purpose, and method, taking into account what's been discussed. Just a quick paragraph, and we can roll forward with a constructive process for you. 
    • To be honest, I think you wasted your time. There was no major international backlash like you mentioned in the post, and it showed that instead of taking the constructive criticism provided, you chose to take insult to your writing, which wasn't the case at all.  The reason why your expansion may be shrunk isn't because we're all spiteful pricks who hate you, it's because the person that runs this region usually tailors the expansion to reflect roleplay, activity, and a host of other things. Regardless of how frequently you've posted, you've still not been in the region for long enough to warrant an expansion that doubles your size, never mind not have roleplayed it sufficiently. @Variota provided some fantastic, in-depth advice above. I suggest you read it.
    • I've just about burnt myself out on RP-ing with myself, but I've finished annexing the islands surrounding Asgeirria. So here are my requests: 1. Add the 4 little islands surrounding Asgeirria to its territory 2. Make Asgeirr look like this but with better art skills.  
    • I've been active every single day that I've been in here, so the "more RP action" really shouldn't matter... Anyway, about your 2.a thing- Again, I've been active every single day of those 5 weeks that I've been here, or at least since I started the Commonwealth Times. Second, I've just given you a set of statements explaining most of the how and why I occupied the land, which, in the way I answered it, doesn't effect my national politics AT ALL, considering it's just a bunch of letters and messages back, and now you're trying/threatening/saying that the land that I would like is going to be shrunk. Now, again, tell me, what was the point of me writing that response for nearly 2 hours, if all you're going to do now is make up new excuses about how it's not going to work? I wrote that for a proper response back, not just a bunch of (seemingly) whiny nit-picking from you.
  • Topics