Sign in to follow this  
Suverina

The Great War - the beginning

user posted image

OOC: There's probably quite a few spelling errors and such, I'm sorry for that.

Oh, and note that the newspaper is biased as it's a paper from Hierosylem.

Edit: Of course I mean 11 PM, however can't change that now.

5th of March 1913

The newly elected Archbishop Kyprianos II and his newly appointed chief of army, bishop Petrus, discuss a strategy against Suverina.

?We cannot expect them to leave just like that. We will have to force them out.?

?His holiness our vast numbers are many times superior to the Suverinians!?

?But if they mobilise they will have superior numbers and our equipment is much inferior, our most modern equipment is oudated Suverinian!?

?But at the moment we are superior, we can also rely on the courage of our soldiers. They will fight to death. The cowardly Suverinian soldiers will flee as soon as the battle turns hot.?

?Who is the commander facing the 4th Suverininian Army??

?Colonel Tsamis is the superior commanding officer.?

?What? A mere colonel in charge of the entire front!??

?Well, your holiness, all senior officers have sided against the rebellion.?

?Do you think Tsamis is able to perfom his duties as commander??

?I have very much confidence in his abilities.?

?Good, but make him General, we can?t have a colonel leading an entire front.?

?Yes, your holiness he will be appointed so tomorrow.?

?Petrus, what is your suggestion we should do to evict the Suverinians from our holy nation.?

?An offensive, in 2 weeks we should be prepared to attack and throw them out. If we act with haste and determination, nothing can stop us.?

?But if we should fail, and we have to fight a defensive war??

?Your holiness, I am much confident of our victory!?

?So am I, but if we for some reason should fail, we need to have a strategy dealing with that.?

?Well, the Tagmatines aren?t much fond of the Suverinians.?

?Perhaps we should open a dialogue with them, we do need an ally. We can not get anything from across the sea. We need all the help and supplies we can get. However we must net give them influence over our nation.?

?I believe that the Tagmatines would be more than happy to aid us for little in return as they?d be able to pinion one of their largest rivals.?

?I shall ask the Grand Council for their opinion.?

The Grand Council approved of opening a dialogue with Tagmatium. However, only under the circumstances that all agreements were to be approved by the Grand Council.

To: Tagmatium

Dear brothers of the true faith,

You must be aware of the recent actions that have taken place during the last week. Now with a new archbishop our nation is ready to maintain relations with Tagmatium once again. It is with great sadness in my heart I see that the despicable nation of Suverina are trying to violate our soveregnity. I believe it to be in the interest of Tagmatium to preserve the soveregnity of our nation. Therefore Hierosylem would like Tagmatium to send a delegation to the holy city Hierosylem where we hopefully can establish bonds of friendship and an agreement concerning the protection of our soveregnity.

Yours sincearly,

His most Christian Patriarch of the Holy Nation of Hierosylem
Kyprianos II

General Papagos stood alone inside his tent and overlooked a large map. His face showed that he was worried. Until now the army had been able to retreat towards the coast in an organized manner. But now they seemed to be stuck. If they were to pursue offensive actions and fight their way to the coast their losses would be large. Their only hope was that the Suverinians would land at the coast and reinforce and supply them. The loyalist army, as they were called both by themselves and by the new revolutionary government, wasn?t in a bad shape at all. When the rebellion broke out many units had declared loyalty for the rebellion, but the units that had recieved training by Suverinian instructors and thet were lead by officers educated in Suverina had in general remained loyal. The were also equipped with Suverinian weapons, even though their weapons were considered unmodern to Suverinian standards, to the army of Hierosylem it was the most modern equipment available. Papagos considered them stuck, but that they would be able to hold out for quite some time still.

In Chisnau, the capital of the archduchy a military parade was taking place to show the strength of the nation. However the parade wasn?t just to show the muscles of Suverina, it was also a part of the secret preparations for mobilization. When mobilization will be ordered all units would have to be mobilized as soon as possible. Also starting this day the military districts bordering Hierosylem started to undertake a partial mobilisation, all as discrete as possible. The high command had made the necessary preparations for the unavoidable invasion of Hierosylem, the Suverinian army would advance in a continious line over the entire border with large amounts of reserves to be out in were resistance was stiff. Also two Suverinian armies where to invade the shore line to support the loyalist army.

The Monarch sat on his golden throne, the centerpiece of the large, Imperial-styled Ceremonial Room. Gracing the surrounding gang of officials with his presence. He can sit confident, his rule undisputed ans absolute. His chest forward and head held high, he was the man the country should have been proud of.

"Hurry up, painter, gold doesn't tend to follow the shape of your but so much. My ass is pleeding with my mind to have you executed and the longer it takes, the more he's making a convincing argument", the Monarch said nonchalantly.

The painter cawers some more behind his easel, rushing his brush even more across the canvas. The fact that the obese Monarch is depicted quite slim, dare we say even muscular, in the painting has nothing to do with any lack in skill of the artist, but everyting to do with a healthy concern for his own well-being.

The big machild that is the Monarch sat back in his throne, the corners of his mouth seemed to try to meet up with his feet: "I'm bored, what's the news?"

The crowd anxiously watched one another, knowing very well that the right words could mean a promotion, while the wrong words can cause a...

"Blasted, you there, biographer and narrator, stop scribling for a moment and tell me something I don't know yet! May the gods help you with such a nigh impossible endeavour."

I quickly penned down this words and stood up.

"Well... I... There is trouble brewing in Heroasylum [sic] and the great nations, ofcourse not nearly as great as us, the great nations of Suverina and Tagamtuim have both interests in the region."

"When did that happen?", quote the Monarch.

"Ehm... a couple of... weeks... months now?"

"WHAT? How come I was not informed earlier? Where is my Minister on Foreign Affairs?", puffed out the Monarch in a hissy fit.

A small, meager man stepped forward and, his eyes facing the floor, said apologetically: "We don't have anyone for Foreign Affairs... or anything else foreign", shamelesly forgetting the Representative of Foreign Cuisine.

"You then, Sir Pent Blackney, you have once been abroad, what is your opnion on this matter?", the bethroned adressed his latest favourite.

The man with rather feminene gestures, but with the roguishly good looks to pull it of, explains: "The conflict is pretty far from us, so should we get involved it can get rather tricky and expensive. But if we do not react, we may be forgotten like so many proud nations of Europa are these sad times. I propose a compromise. We support Tagamtium. The land is becoming a bureacratic wasteland and their government is burried in paperwork. They probably won't intervene actively, hence saving us the trouble to participate on the ground."

Sir Pent paused and summed up for the Monarch, who was dozing of: "We could side with Tagamtium."

The Monarch stood up, a task which took him some effort, and stated: "We shall form an alliance with Tagmatium!"

A scrawny looking fellow comes out of one of the many doors of the Ceremonial Room, holding a document with a stretched arm before him and with a cloud of century-old dust behind him: "I'm sorry to inform you, my leader, that we seem to have an alliance with Sevurina."

"Inconceivable! Are those Suverina people of noble, blue blood? Do they have tradition? If not, any such alliance would just be meaningless."

"I'm afraid they are, they're a Archduchy after all."

"You are really trying to anger me, little man! Go trow yourself in the lion pit as an apology."

"We don't have a lion pit", the man pouted.

"Ah, then you're in luck", changed the Monarch in tone: "in stead of an execution you'll reveive a promotion. You are now Minister of the Lion Pits. Just make sure to test it yourself when it's done."

Edited by Haken

Sign in to follow this