Sign in to follow this  
Orioni

Roiters » Know. Now.

KELhWM4.gif

Home | Orioni | World | Business | Tech | Science | Culture | Health | Sports

Government to build up storage of petroleum

zStwW3G.jpg

O'POLIS -- The Orioni government has announced the decision to build a strategic storage of petroleum of 5 million tonnes capacity to ensure energy security for the nation. 

"This storage will support the existing storage of petroleum with oil companies and will provide us with an effective emergency response mechanism to oil supply disruptions," said Chairlady Chandra Pristo in a speech to the Sibiseba (English: Assembly).

A group of abali (English: Assembly Member) enquired whether the Council is considering alternate options. Chairlady Pristo replied that the Government has set up a committee led by Energy Councillor Elisa Solna, and with the vice-councillor of petroleum and natural gas as co-chair to address issues relating to energy policy. 

The Chairlady added: "The Committee will go into short, medium and long-term, policies and review such policies ranging across sectors, fuels and regions to enhance the nation’s energy security."

On production of petroleum, she explained: "During the year 2016-2017, Orioni's import dependency to meet the domestic demand of petroleum products was 85%."

To reduce this import dependence, the Government has promised to take steps which include efforts to increase the domestic production of energy by expanding the exploration efforts of new oil fields. This includes exploring new areas, especially in deep water and deeper layers of existing fields. 

How this will impact the ecological balance remains unclear at the moment.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

KELhWM4.gif

Navy foils pirate attack on oil tanker off the Bainbridge coast

LAHAINA, Bainbridge Islands -- Orioni's naval forces have successfully thwarted a pirate attack on an Orinese oil tanker off the Bainbridge coast.

Pirates in 6 speedboats attacked the oil tanker with a cargo of more than 150.000 tonnes coming from @Sa Hara. However, commandos of the Navy’s Operation Ocean Guard, which patrols the Azure Sea in an anti-piracy operation, managed to repel the attack.

The operations fleet, which includes the HMS Tornado, set off for high seas in the summer of 207 on a mission to maintain the Orioni Empire’s power in international waters and safeguard maritime routes.

In recent years, Orioni’s Navy has increased its presence in international waters to protect naval routes and provide security for merchant vessels and tankers.

In line with international efforts against piracy, the Orioni Navy has been conducting patrols in the Azure Sea and around the Bainbridge Islands, safeguarding merchant containers and oil tankers owned or leased by Orioni or other countries.

Orioni's Navy has managed to foil several attacks on both Orinese and foreign tankers during its missions in international waters.

• Like 3

KELhWM4.gif

Oldest Person ‘Mama Tiresa’ dies at 113

Teresa-Hsu.jpg

ORIS -- Orioni’s oldest person, Tiresa Mehali, has died at the age of 113. She passed away peacefully at her home on Sunday the 31st of March 2019.

Tirasa was born into poverty in Andro in 1906 but rose to become a beloved musician and inspirational social workers. She later founded the Golden Heart charity to help the aged sick in Andro, earning her the nickname 'Mama Tiresa'. Her contributions to society earned her the Order of the Beautiful Empire in 1966.

Through her family, she had requested that no media announcement be made and that no rituals or ceremonies be conducted. Tiresa was cremated the same day and her ashes were scattered along the seashore she loved so much.

Earlier this year she was celebrated as the oldest person in Orioni. Tiresa spoke about her secrets of longevity. "I stay positive, I contribute, I eat a healthy diet, and every morning I do yoga,” she said at her birthday party in Oris.

She also discussed the benefit of meditation in staying healthy at her age. “Meditation is also an important part of my life. I spend a couple of hours every morning ‘clearing my brain’ and focusing on the day ahead. I believe a healthy brain goes a long way toward living a long, quality life,” she said.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Sign in to follow this