Baltirow-Woud Government Crumbling

The Nation Today - Principal Newspaper

ARGENLAND SUPPORT S.S.S.S. GOVERNMENT

In his claims of the BW territories, the President Pot annuced an ultimatum to Metorola to leave BW in less of 48 hours. Meteorola want to return to a pacific talk but SSSS not answer.

The Prime Minister had confirmed the Argenlandian position but he not said nothing about military support yet. He said that past sovernty over a region does justify continued claims (ie, Argentina claims Malvinas Islands since 1833).

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To: ARGENLAND

From S.S.S.S.

Re: Support

Dear Prime Minister,

We here at S.S.S.S. greatly appreciate your words and support for the SS. We are glad that someone else can see that we just want to be reunited with our brothers and sisters. We have a very large military and could take on a few countrys if need be, what we lack in is other nations to stand up and speak their minds on this matter. That is why we appreciate your kind words at our time of need.

Thank you,

President Pot

TO: S.S.S.S. and Meteorola

RE: A third way

I'm sad to hear what is happening to our friends in the North. Tagmatium is at war with rebels and S.S.S.S. and Meteorola are about to fight a war.

The United Republic of Tamurin has good relations to both of you, so as a neutral observer, we'd like to offer a third way.

Instead of cutting the country in half, let the people of the former Baltirow-Woud nation decide, what they want.

Tamurin proposes these options:

• Remaining independent under the protection of a multi-national force
  • Accepting the plan of S.S.S.S. proposed on Feb 4th
  • Becoming a part of the S.S.S.S. as a whole
  • Becoming a part of Meteorola as a whole

Both of you value freedom, so why not give the people of the former Baltirow-Woud nation the freedom to decide how and with whom they will live in the future?

Best wishes,

President Hartman

TO:S.S.S.S

Subject: Assured Allied

We stand by what every decision your government proposes, as we believe in a united island with our brothers and sisters. We gracious accept the offer to add land to Niederoestereich. To compansate for your loss of land, we offer free trade on raw resources such as black coal and copper.

This situation is concerning and close to home for us, but if a peaceful solution can not be found, then what must be done, will be done. To what ever end.

(OOC: just to let everyone know this is just an RP nothing more. please dont get mad or think im being a dick in anyway. i like everyone in OOC, i only like my allies IC. so if it seems that i am being rude or pushy, just look over me. im sure that once certain nations here learn of me claiming land again then they will speak out against it. this just has some potential to be a good RP and i like RPing, i may not be the best at it but it is fun.)

(OOC: Hey, Pot, no problem. If anyone can't seperate in-character and out-of-character, he/she shouldn't play roleplays...I also think that this has potential for a great RP, so I hooked myself into it...

Besides: My in-character of the Imperials wasn't the nicest person...so I'm the last to accuse someone of being a dick because of an RP...)

Meteorola recognizes that its policy on Medical Marajana is the only one of its kind among the island nations of Meteorola. We understand the strained relations this causes with the countries we wish to be the closest to.

As a sign of good will, to mend strained relations in the region, we will drop all objections related to MMRTA Island, as well as support the right for nations to choose thier own policy regarding the medicinal use of drugs- this will include how we vote in the UN.

We would hope that other island countries will also extend thier hands to Meteorola to begin to bridge the waters between us.

***Breaking News From WPOT - Broadcasting***

Autumn Showers, Head Diplomat from Meteorola in Southern Hights, has been arrested and being held at a military prison in the capitol. Charges have not been filed as of yet. Also all Meteorola Embassys have been closed as well as Meteorolan citizens are being deported. Ahead of the 48 hour time table and with no announcement SS troops and tanks have now begun entering the former Baltirow-Woud area. Naval ships have been seen gathering in the city of Amberly inside of Niederoestereich. Public concerns have now bezzzzzzzzzztt...

***FEDERAL BROADCASTING AGENCY ENDING BROADCAST***

Meteorola has retracted its previous statement in regards to SSSS. Meteorola demands that SSSS act according to ITS OWN TERMS and remove its troops from Baltirow-Woud until after Meteorola aid works have left. The unexplain arrest of Autumn Showers has severely violated international law.

Meteorola calls on all of Europa to react. Meteorola offered aid to a fallen country- we were treated with hostility. Meteorola offered to speak on diffusing tentions- we were greeted with an ultimatum. Meteorola offered to bridge damaged ties- we have been virtually been given a declaration of war.

There is no excuse for this behavior out of one of the leaders of Europa. Meteorola requests military aid from the international community. Meteorola will also begin rearming the people of Baltirow-Woud, the very people we dearmed, only days ago. We have no choice but to defend ourselves. We will halt all actions of defense if SSSS steps back from its most recent actions which threaten peace in the region.

Europa, heed our call. This is a violation of the rights of all nations. This very attack on our people is an attack on all of us. There is no excuse for this aggressive movement against Meteorolan diplomats and civilians. If SSSS is permitted to do this now, then you are opening the door to this treatment of your own diplomats and civilians.

Meteorola's military has been mobilized under the command of General Summers.

Meteorola does not want war, but we will do as we must.

The Allied States of Meteorola

TO: All nations

RE: War

My fellow nation-leaders,

this is a sad day in the history of Europa. Two of our greatest nations are going to fight each other over a country none of them posesses. This can't be allowed to happen.

I call upon all nations to support Ekainak and Tamurin, that the people of the former Baltirow-Woud-nation will determine their own destiny. We need the support of the major powers of Europa, otherwise there is nothing we can do.

For the time being, Tamurin declares itself neutral in this conflict and offers to be a host for peace negotiations.

Best wishes and good luck to all of us,

President Hartman

OOC: Earlier Argenland claimed Argentina had territorial claims to the Malvinas. They do, but so does Great Britain. I don't think this should be brought up even in RPG. We both lost in that war.

OOC: Don't start a discussion that you know that I have reason. If you want, start a new thread in other post about the Malvinas.

The Nation Today

150.000 PROTESTORS WANT PEACE!

user posted image

In the most bigger protest in the history of Argenland, yesterday 150.000 protestants was in front of the Congress in sign of protest about the support of the government to S.S.S.S. The slogan of the protest? "SSSS and Meteorola GO HOME".

"This isn't a support of the people, only of the government... and we are disagree with this position" says Miguel Caneo, one of the protestant. "The Europeans laws says that BW territories must be withow precense of any country" this was the principal idea of the protest.

Phil V, avoiding taking part in international politics over the lst few days following the death of his father Phil IV, has now chosen to take a stand in this dispute. We feel the international response to this dispute has been blown out of all proportion. SSSS has been accused of starting a war against a Meterola force, that doesnt even exist. Meterola has said several times that they have no troops in Baltirow-Woud, and yet some nations still insist of spouting war-like messages against Meterola.

Phil V calls for these nations to stop their claims of war, and allow somthiong to be done inside Baltirow-Woud. Although SSSS does have a valid claim to this land, no-one has yet heard whether these people want the SSSS in their country or not. As Baltirow-Woud was a peacful farming nation before the governmental collapse i do not know how they would react to a militeristic state such as SSSS taking over.

As much a valid claim as SSSS has, it will not do the international communiy good to send in militery troops at this stage. Phil V is sending several ambassadorial exchanges over to the formor Baltirow-Woud nation as we speak, and we suggest a national reforendum is held in the area to decide its own fate. The Northern Philian fleet is on its way to the nation as we speak, with orders to help secure the country for a national vote. We urge other Europan nations, including the SSSS and Meterola to aid us in our aim of deciding the Baltirow-worud's future fairly and equally.

(OOC: oh, and Argenland, i think you mean 150,000 ProtestORS, a protestANT is a type of christianity which the Anglican church is based on...)

Meteorola welcomes the intervention of Phil V. This is the kind of resolution we would happily agree to. Phil V, all of Meteorola is at your service, and in your debt.

MAID (Meteorola Agency for International Development) has resumed its distribution of aid to the people of Baltirow-Woud. We have also continued to expand refugee camps on the islands off the coast as refugees continue to pour out of Baltirow-Woud in anticipation of an SSSS offensive.

QUOTE (Senator Gaius @ Feb 8 2005, 01:19 PM)

OOC: Earlier Argenland claimed Argentina had territorial claims to the Malvinas. They do, but so does Great Britain. I don't think this should be brought up even in RPG. We both lost in that war. 

OOC: Don't start a discussion that you know that I have reason. If you want, start a new thread in other post about the Malvinas.

This really ain't the time or place for such discussions, even on the general board.

(OOC: oh, and Argenland, i think you mean 150,000 ProtestORS, a protestANT is a type of christianity which the Anglican church is based on...)

Maybe you are speaking in your native language, but my native language is spanish and I don't know a perfect english.

Ahora, si voy a hablar en espa?ol te aseguro que no cometo ni un solo error. Pero seguramente no entiendas esto. Capishe? rolleyes.gif

(OOC: Hey, guys, Spanish is great, but can we please keep it in English? Otherwise I start talking German and I doubt that many more than Orioni will have a chance to understand...)

TO: Phil V

RE: National referendum

Dear friend,

you have the support of Tamurin for your goal, the national referendum in Baltirow-Woud.

But I don't think that sending your fleet there is a good move. You could provoke the S.S.S.S., which is not necessary. I think that this crisis can be resolved with diplomacy and without mililitary aid. President Pot is a reasonable man who we can talk to. There's no need for additional forces. I ask you to reconsider sending your fleet.

Best wishes

President Hartman

United Republic of Tamurin